Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Give me your honest opinion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Black Feathers

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Give me your honest opinion Left_bar_bleue100/100Give me your honest opinion Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Give me your honest opinion Empty
PostSubject: Give me your honest opinion   Give me your honest opinion EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 8:02 pm

This question has been popping up in my mind for a couple of months it started when this guy said somethigns and it made me doubt myself. I still doubt myself but after the events of today i wonder if i am horriable at tis if i should jsut stop playing ygo casue im not willign to be like everyone else if i shoudl jsut throw away th one deck i am passiont abotu using. Am i really a good duelist or is every wi i ever had just a fluke that i just lied to myself believeing i am good.

Taisakuno Shouri : I'm saying idk who ur playing but there is no way they were using he best plays if u won

i need a honest opinion if you all think this
Back to top Go down

drkragnarok

PostSubject: Re: Give me your honest opinion   Give me your honest opinion EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 8:53 pm

honestly i dont really know you and i havent been here that long, but why would you quit doing something you love just because you arent good at it? it shouldnt matter what other people say about your skills you can always get better. if you stop now, how can you get better? you should be dueling for fun above anything.
Back to top Go down

Black Feathers

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Give me your honest opinion Left_bar_bleue100/100Give me your honest opinion Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: Give me your honest opinion   Give me your honest opinion EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 10:18 pm

its just that people have said stuff similar to that to me more than once and idk if they are actually right
Back to top Go down

Teanutty

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Give me your honest opinion   Give me your honest opinion EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 10:19 pm

Okay. So the question is: Are you a good duelist?

Answer: Not really because I've only watched you get whooped a lot.

But it comes down to what you define as a good duelist like consistently winning.

Two things: Either you play because you love the deck and don't mind losing or you play to win and dislike the deck you're using. Rarely you'll have a deck that wins consistently and you enjoy it.

It's YGO, the meta changes so you just have to adapt or quit. Blackwings were at one point, incredibly powerful and meta however, as you can see, the game changed a lot and now, they're just not as good as before.

Though, just saying, there's bound to be people better than you and then there's those people who are bound to suck more than you. I don't think most of your wins were flukes since yeah, there are people who legitimately suck at this game.

Side note: YGO is only fun if you play casually. Play against competitive players and well, you'll find yourself absolutely miserable.

Honestly if you want to be "good" then you'll most likely have to pick up a better deck.
Back to top Go down

Black Feathers

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Give me your honest opinion   Give me your honest opinion EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 10:32 pm

tea you havent seen my other duels where i won and i do have other decks to use but its like everyone expects me to play competativly where i dont
Back to top Go down

Teanutty

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Give me your honest opinion   Give me your honest opinion EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 10:37 pm

Then you won't be considered "good" to other people. People judge "good" based on how well players play competitively because casual play is viewed as "easier." Using quotes for these words since their definition depends on the person. Competitive play is more pressured, serious, and mistakes aren't acceptable since misplays may cost you the game.
Back to top Go down

Black Feathers

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Give me your honest opinion   Give me your honest opinion EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 10:58 pm

so to everyone else im a bad player
Back to top Go down

drkragnarok

PostSubject: Re: Give me your honest opinion   Give me your honest opinion EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 11:25 pm

your not a bad player. you just have bad matchups. if everyone stopped using meta, you would do good.
Back to top Go down

DeathGodKyo

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Give me your honest opinion   Give me your honest opinion EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 11:39 pm

You want to know the truth, slayer? Really, you're not a bad Duelist. The reasoning behind that is that there is no such thing as a bad Duelist as long as you're putting forth your full effort and constantly improving. Even more true than that is that there are no bad Decks as long as you stay true to yourself and your build while making them. Sure, that sounds great for a motivational speech, but how true is that? How can I prove it? How about the fact that I consistently maul Tier 1 Decks irl with a (vastly improved) version of the Deck I have built here that crosses Lightsworns with Noble Knights? That isn't a common Deck at all, much less top tier. And I'm not even really a Duelist; I hate Dueling, though I suppose I'm not bad at it. The key to victory is constant effort and focus, synchronizing every single card in your Deck with one another through trial and error and the greatest of your logic and theory, and with that, you can be a truly great Duelist with almost any Deck, including Blackwings. You just haven't found your recipe yet, but giving up is the wrong thing for somebody with as much potential as you to do. Keep trying, Slayer!
Back to top Go down

Black Feathers

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Give me your honest opinion   Give me your honest opinion EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 12:27 am

i wont give up but now im doubting oda as a academy nearly everyday they jsut people down
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Give me your honest opinion   Give me your honest opinion EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 1:43 am

Slayer, yet again you disappoint me. You cant let people get to you. Just cause you have some bad duels doesn't make u a bad duelist. Also dont listen to Teanutty, but you probably already decided to do that. You gotta listen to kyo though he gives good advice Razz just keep playing bro. The game does indeed change but that doesn't mean the stuff you use are gonna stink Razz.
Back to top Go down

MADA MADA DANE

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Give me your honest opinion   Give me your honest opinion EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 1:52 am

slayer dont listen to these guys u can make blackwings great u just gonna hone ur skills and improve ur deck
kinda like how im trying to make cloudians good
Back to top Go down

Project Lead Scientist

Founder

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Give me your honest opinion   Give me your honest opinion EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 2:40 am

slayer you're not a bad player.

The majority of people who run meta will try to put down those who don't use meta as well as vice versa. It will probably always be this way. Sometimes you'll get lucky and face people who don't run meta, those people will usually talk with you during the duel and you guys will have fun. However you will also have times where you face meta and usually get put down. but with enough time and patience any deck has the potential to beat even E. dragons. And when the deck gets to that point it will be so sweet knowing that you won with your own deck. Just keep working on your deck.

Remember your deck can only get better, as meta decks can only get worse (unless more support is released) as they get hit on the banlist. running non-meta decks helps you not be effected by the banlist while everyone else is. Running non-meta has some cons but it also has a lot of good things that most people don't realize.
Back to top Go down
https://projectduelforums.forumotion.com

Maxxie

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Give me your honest opinion   Give me your honest opinion EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 7:10 am

No.
Back to top Go down

Blazer Slater

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Give me your honest opinion   Give me your honest opinion EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 7:15 am

Don't quit playing Yu-Gi-Oh. Just think that you may meet the girl of your dreams that way. That's how Nottu and I met each other. ^^
Back to top Go down

Teanutty

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Give me your honest opinion   Give me your honest opinion EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 7:17 am

Coolest, are you some kind of ignoramus?

He asked for honesty which I gave. Sorry my posts weren't chuck full of: Yes you're fabulous and will definitely become the King of Games motivational talk. Also, I gave him a truthful answer based on what I've seen only. If I watched him duel more then quite possibly, I'll see his potential as you've said. That was not the case when I wrote my post to him.

I'm actually putting effort into giving him the feedback he wished to know of and your remark is discouraging me from posting serious posts in the academy. Unless you wish for me to continue with trollish posts then please, cease your ways.

@Slayer

Like I said, "good" and "bad" depends on what the person defines and I think it's important that YOU become the "good" player YOU want to be. Meaning? If you feel like you're a good player then keep it that way. You shouldn't let others' words decide for you.

I agree with what Jammy said about meta becoming weaker however, certain decks just cannot be any better. Feel free to prove me wrong by making a tomato deck that's able to beat tier 2 at least. Anywho, point being is work on YOU mostly instead of the deck though of course, you want to work on that as well.

Just saying, just because you put a meta deck into someone's hands does NOT mean they're good. It depends on how the PLAYER uses the deck. It upsets me that people can't understand this concept.
Back to top Go down

Blazer Slater

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Give me your honest opinion   Give me your honest opinion EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 7:57 am

Slayer, Tea is right. I mean, look at me, I absolutely love Elemental Heroes. The original ones that Jaden Yuki uses, the one that I use. In today's day and age, other decks are being used and those who still use their old decks or the ones they love and they find out that it's going to get beat and that'll make you think that you're a bad player. You're not.

I mean, c'mon, you haven't had a huge losing streak like me. I've lost twenty-three times in a row. I really wanted to quit and call myself the worst player of all time. Instead, I pushed my old ways to the side and decided to see what I could do to better myself.

Since then I have learned other decks and tried new ways to try and win. Don't give up. When life gives you lemons don't make lemonade. Get even, throw those lemons back at life and demand to speak to life's manager. Yes, I stole that from a game but it's true.
Back to top Go down

Project Lead Scientist

Founder

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Give me your honest opinion   Give me your honest opinion EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 8:14 am

Teanutty wrote:

I agree with what Jammy said about meta becoming weaker however, certain decks just cannot be any better. Feel free to prove me wrong by making a tomato deck that's able to beat tier 2 at least.

challenge accepted

also i never said that they all will get better im just saying they cant get worse
except for in the case of crashbugs due to tour guide and sangan which worked really well in there both being part of previous meta.
Back to top Go down

Black Feathers

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Give me your honest opinion   Give me your honest opinion EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 7:08 pm

thx guys for those words Smile
Back to top Go down

Project Lead Scientist

Founder

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Give me your honest opinion   Give me your honest opinion EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 5:56 am

np slayer hope you feel better about yourself as a duelist now.
Back to top Go down

Black Feathers

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Give me your honest opinion   Give me your honest opinion EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 6:18 am

yeah im better and i even decieded to chnage my builds to make them better imma prove to myself that i am great
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
Give me your honest opinion Left_bar_bleue84/84Give me your honest opinion Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: Give me your honest opinion   Give me your honest opinion EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 7:19 pm

That's the spirit. Never doubt yourself.
Back to top Go down

-Kira-

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Give me your honest opinion   Give me your honest opinion EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 2:07 am

Give me your honest opinion Tumblr_m5wwmlbpYc1qjmob6o1_500

enlarge it and read it slay this is all you need to know Razz
Back to top Go down

Black Feathers

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Give me your honest opinion   Give me your honest opinion EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 3:28 pm

if kamina said it i will listen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Give me your honest opinion   Give me your honest opinion Empty

Back to top Go down

Give me your honest opinion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Duel Academy :: General and Misc :: ODA Forum Archive :: Suggestions and ODA Support-