Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pure Archetype Deck Challenge - Sign Ups

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
Pure Archetype Deck Challenge - Sign Ups - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue84/84Pure Archetype Deck Challenge - Sign Ups - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

Pure Archetype Deck Challenge - Sign Ups - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Pure Archetype Deck Challenge - Sign Ups   Pure Archetype Deck Challenge - Sign Ups - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 11:38 am

First topic message reminder :

Good day ODA! Its Nottu again and its time for yet another tournament! This one was a popular vote during my poll a few weeks back so without further ado, I bring you the Archetype Deck Challenge.

How Does this Work?
Simple. Each participant will sign up with a single archetype of deck (TCG only). Then they build a deck using nothing but cards from that arcehtype. For example, say you choose Blackwings. This means you can only enter with cards that are Blackwing monsters, Blackwing related Spells and Traps as well as Blackwings in the Extra deck.
Advanced Format is used as per usual, no banned cards EVEN if they are from your Archetype.

What if my archetype does not have enough support?
I know some archetypes just do not have enough support these days, as such, I will not permit any archetypes who have too low of a support count.

Can we use any staple cards at all?
I thought no to this at first, but after some consideration, I think a few Staples will be permitted. One special rule on Staples: You are only premitted 1 copy per staple. So even if you run MST, you only get 1.
Staples Allowed:
Mystical Space Typhoon
Reinforcement of the Army (Warrior-based archetypes only)
Pot of Duality
Allure of Darkness (DARK-based decks only)

If there is a card you want to run that does not directly relate to your archetype, follow these guidelines to see if it can be used at all:
1. Does it correspond with the Type and/or attribute of the monsters?
2. Does its effect correspond with the ones already in the deck?
3. Does the card have anything at all to do with the deck's primary playstyle?

Hand Traps
These cards are included under the Generic Staples Rule as seen above. You are permitted ONE of them. Example: you can have 1 Effect Veiler and 1 Battle Fader and 1 Gorz etc. No duplicates.

Can we use any generic cards that simply support the deck in general?
Cards like Allure of Darkness for Blackwings, Honest for Lightsworns, or Champion's Vigilance for Blue-Eyes are acceptable. Make sure you let me know of any generic cards you wish to use and I will make sure they are okay.

Are there any archetypes not allowed?
Why yes, there are some that aren't permitted. I am not allowing the following:
Prophecy
Dragon Ruler
Evilswarm
(Others may be rejected)

What do we get as a prize?
This is the good part. This tournament is FREE to enter and the prizes are good!
1st Place: 1000 OD
2nd Place: 500 OD
3rd Place: 250 OD
4-8th Place: 50 OD

This tournament will start up as soon as we have enough people and as soon as the Character Tournament concludes. The point of this tournament, like the Character one, is to get people to think outside the box. Be creative. Sign up now to get a spot. Enter with the form below and PM me the deck you built for it as well as any questions you might have. Feel free to also post any comments or concerns you may have. Happy dueling!

ODA Name:
DN Name:
DevPro/YGOPro name: (Optional)
Time Zone:
Archetype Chosen:

Last edited by Nottu on Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:46 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
Pure Archetype Deck Challenge - Sign Ups - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue84/84Pure Archetype Deck Challenge - Sign Ups - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

Pure Archetype Deck Challenge - Sign Ups - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pure Archetype Deck Challenge - Sign Ups   Pure Archetype Deck Challenge - Sign Ups - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 9:06 pm

Thank you for pointing that out Kyo, I didn't even notice.
Jason, you'll need to choose a different Archetype.
Back to top Go down

Pure Archetype Deck Challenge - Sign Ups

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2