Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Rather Simple Thought

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
A Rather Simple Thought Left_bar_bleue100/100A Rather Simple Thought Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
A Rather Simple Thought Empty
PostSubject: A Rather Simple Thought   A Rather Simple Thought EmptyThu May 30, 2013 4:31 pm

Well hello there reader. Let me begin by stating a couple things that may not entirely pertain directly to the overall message of this little rant if you will. So, some of you may know me and some of you may not. To those who do, well this is not going to be one of my normal write ups, due mostly to the fact I feel like more simply jotting down my current thoughts than trying to make it look, "Pretty." For you reading whom do not know me, if this wall of text seems a bit random at times, that is why. However, the good news is this is truly from my heart, and something I simply want to share. Now, that said, I present you with "A Rather Simple Thought."

Well, it's just a change in my outlook as of late I suppose. A light bulb that went off above my head perhaps. Again, some of you have more knowledge of my inner workings than others but, it's safe to say I am not generally a happy person. Sure, sure I present myself well, both on the web and in real life as well. But, it's just a mask. A face I put on. I wear a smile, I purse my eyes and I speak softly and have learned to lead conversation to an average degree. But if you where to take a moment, and just reach up and pull off my mask, you would see what is underneath. A frown, and darting eyes. Shaky with bags underneath. I look out at the world, and anticipate what will hurt me next, because it's all I know. Everything that I love eventually fades. That's just something I learned all too soon in life.

NOW! I'm sure many of you are reading this and likely either saying one of three things. "Wow, this guy is a lot more emo than I thought", "Oh god Vent/Kai is going into depression mode again!" or "Ah how sad, poor guy!" Well, hold those thoughts! As the aforementioned "Simple Thought" may just be a life saver, and I've yet to mention it.

Basically, I decided that we all deal with something. Some of use have short tempers, other are insecure, and other fall into sadness/depression easily. Little things like this. Well, a life time of any of that is enough to wear way at any mans soul. I mean, it's just nature. It is simply a part of us, these imperfections I mean. They are our problems! One thing led to another as I began to ponder how people deal with this. Because rather selfishly I assumed my problems where ALOT worse than many peoples. But... then it hit me. It's not about putting on some fake mask, lieing to the world but rather understanding what comes first. If you let your feelings, your problems that is control you then you will never overcome them. You will never be happy. Not even for one single day! So where is the starting point in all this? Well, its your energy! The choice in outlook you make every single day. In conclusion let me tell you how it came to me, and better describe what I mean.

I wake up almost every day and deal with a loss I truly doubt I will ever over come. It's something I will always miss. For some time now, I've woken up, thought about that, and just let it put a frown on my face and accept there is nothing I can do, and decide I should just... sulk. Um...but why sulk? That question came into my head as I rose out of bed a few days ago, stood up and at that very moment I did the following 3 things.

I took a deep breathe. I waited, about a 3 count. And then i took my first step forward! There was... a calm. It was subtle, but calmness is just that, a subtle thing. There was a moment when I had no worries, just the very simple appreciation of that breathe of air and that first step in my day. THIS! is our energy. You see it's EXCITEMENT that leads to our stress. Excitement is a longing feeling. You can be happy, and excited, and you want to go play. You won't actually FEEL better until you do. You can be mad and excited and you won't feel better until you vent somehow. Same goes for sadness, if you become excited while sad, it makes you sulk, cry, etc. The list goes on but there is another option and it's right there in front of us.

Start you day in a calm, relaxed state! You don't have to get worked up. You don't have to be full of energy be it positive or negative either one. Calmness is how you actually deal with things, it's how you plan rationally. In fact, that is a good way to put it. Calmness leads to rationality. And that my friends is my simple thought. A rather obvious conclusion I have been lacking for some time. Not to say it's going to be easy, but I do try and START my day like this now and most of the time it works!

So I leave you with this! The next time you fell anxious, stressed, excited or other wise and it's hurting you. I suggest a good nights rest, make yourself a note or something that you will see when you wake up and as soon as you hit the floor from your bed. Do these 3 things. Take a breathe, wait just a moment, and take a step forward. Because let's be honest.

You will never get anywhere if you just... stay where you are!

~Sincerely Ventriloquist!~
Back to top Go down
http://Chatango.com - Ventriloquist

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
A Rather Simple Thought Left_bar_bleue0/0A Rather Simple Thought Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
PostSubject: Re: A Rather Simple Thought   A Rather Simple Thought EmptyThu May 30, 2013 6:46 pm

This article is weird.... A waste of time for someone like me who knows things like this already and useful to someone who doesn't... Good job and poor job.
Back to top Go down

Black Feathers

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
A Rather Simple Thought Left_bar_bleue100/100A Rather Simple Thought Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: A Rather Simple Thought   A Rather Simple Thought EmptyThu May 30, 2013 9:07 pm

ik how you feel vent i used to be a shut in and i never used to open up to people it lead to alot of moments of my bursting out in anger at everyone. I i used to be picked on and i used to be betrayed by people who i thoguht was my friend
but after awhile and me finally being able to trust people again i got better and now happy all the time
Back to top Go down

Blazer Slater

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: A Rather Simple Thought   A Rather Simple Thought EmptyFri May 31, 2013 5:49 am

Vent! I've missed you, buddy! Nice article, by the way.

And, Pride, if it was a waste of your time, you should of just left it.
Back to top Go down

Tour Guide from the UW

Leona

PostSubject: Re: A Rather Simple Thought   A Rather Simple Thought EmptyFri May 31, 2013 12:33 pm

That's pretty deep. I really appreciate it when people write philosophical things like this that are more down to earth and relatable than most. Really good job, I really enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

PostSubject: Re: A Rather Simple Thought   A Rather Simple Thought EmptyFri May 31, 2013 10:29 pm

Kai, as usual my brother, you have struck a deep revelation in me. As a few people on ODA have known as of late, I have fallen into a spell of depression. I mean, I wake up with the intent to just... well, no intent at all, no desire to "take that step forward" and no reason to get out of bed. I have been waiting for something good to happen to me to pull me out of this ever-enveloping well of depression that I just admit defeat to. Reading this I realized: WHY wait for something to happen? WHY admit defeat? Why not, go MAKE something good happen? Why not take the step forward, why not force this "spell" to admit defeat? It may have been a different interpretation of what you meant by that step forward, but regardless, for the first time in weeks... months even, I have had a positive air about myself. Great piece of writing, my brother, hope to talk sometime soon.
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: A Rather Simple Thought   A Rather Simple Thought EmptyFri May 31, 2013 11:47 pm

Sad u guys just drove me to tears,good show both of you.
Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: A Rather Simple Thought   A Rather Simple Thought EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 5:13 pm

Ah, thanks for the comments, all of them! Smile Both the praise and the critic are appreciated. Regarding EvilPath specifically, thanks. I'm glad I could help someone, as that's the true intent. Also, your interpretation is fine. Most good writing isn't set in stone but rather set up to BE interpreted. Also, you interpreted it fine. I mean, the three steps I describe are in themselves supposed to be something worth while. It's just the first step to doing exactly as you said and MAKING something happen rather than waiting. It's just I feel how can you NOT enjoy a breathe if you really take a few seconds to do so. It's a simple pleasure, but a worthy one and if it leads you to taking bigger strides then it's job is done Smile Good luck my friends.
Back to top Go down
http://Chatango.com - Ventriloquist

Project Lead Scientist

Founder

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: A Rather Simple Thought   A Rather Simple Thought EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 2:55 am

wow that was deep.
I'm happy to hear that you're cheering up vent and evil, i kinda know what it feels like as i have been emotionaly hurt myself however i've always been a happy go lucky person so i don't know what true depression feels like, but i can imagine. I hope that more people will read this artical and be helped by it.
Back to top Go down
https://projectduelforums.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Rather Simple Thought   A Rather Simple Thought Empty

Back to top Go down

A Rather Simple Thought

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Duel Academy :: General and Misc :: Miscellaneous Archive :: Off Topic-