Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Deck: Critique, preparing for YCS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

DeathGodKyo

Leona

New Deck: Critique, preparing for YCS Empty
PostSubject: New Deck: Critique, preparing for YCS   New Deck: Critique, preparing for YCS EmptySun May 19, 2013 7:58 pm

https://i.imgur.com/1HMsxfw.png

Card List:
Monsters:

2x Ehren, Lightsworn Monk
3x Garoth, Lightsworn Hunter
3x Jain, Lightsworn Paladin
2x Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
3x Noble Knight Artorigus
2x Rescue Rabbit
2x Lightray Gearfried
1x Honest
2x Noble Knight Gawayn
3x Queen's Knight

Spells:

1x Charge of the Light Brigade
2x Photon Lead (considering switching out, kinda bad for hand advantage)
2x Noble Arms - Arfeudutyr
2x Noble Arms - Caliburn
2x Noble Arms - Gallatin
2x Noble Arms of Destiny
2x Crashbug Road
1x Magical Mallet (to put certain Noble Arms cards or Noble Knight Artorigus back into the Deck for use with Rescue Rabbit, which this card can also help Draw into)

Traps:

3x Royal Decree (makes things nice and simple, since I don't have room for traps of my own)

Extra Deck:

2x Artorigus, King of the Noble Knights
2x Number 39: Utopia
1x Number C39: Utopia Ray (mostly to prevent Utopia from becoming fodder after it runs out of Xyz materials)
1x Daigusto Emeral (works rather well for getting back any important cards I mill, though it's lacking in staying power)
1x Gagaga Cowboy
1x Heroic Champion - Excalibur
1x Number 16: Shock Master
1x Starliege Paladynamo (Quite an underrated card. Easy pop off your opponents' best monsters, and when your opponent retaliates, you get some hand advantage back. Sweet)
1x Zubaba General (very brutish, straightforward card. Considering taking out since all it boasts is power, but meh)
1x Constellar Omega (limited use, but not a bad deal if my opponent is trying to lockdown my monsters' attacks or the like)
1x Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis (randomness, but it works great with how easily Lightray Gearfried makes it to the field)
1x Number 107: Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon (same as above)

Side Deck:

None yet. I'm new to the modern card game, so I'm not sure which cards are Staples for a Side Deck. I figure things like Thunder King Rai-Oh and Effect Veiler could come in handy, but I don't want to jump to conclusions without input.

Deck strategy:

When you first look at that Deck, your response may be: "LOLwut u nub those cards r randumb". And sure, it's not the best Deck ever built... Hard to be original and the best when everybody's already using the best XD However, these cards all work towards one cohesive strategy (exception being Lightray Gearfried, who is just really easy to Summon and use in this Deck). My main attacking force is my Warrior-type Lightsworn monsters, who I chose over their potentially more versatile Lightsworn brethren because in a pinch they're applicable with my Noble Arms equipment Spells. Ryko is something many Decks, Lightsworn or not, throw in, and he helps with the mill anyway, so he also got the VIP pass in. Basically, this Deck focuses on opening up strong with the powerful Search-and-Destroy effects of the Lightsworn Warriors, likely powered up by Noble Arms cards. The point of the Deck is to use cards like Magical Mallet (should I increase to 2?) to control my hand-Deck content as I dump the Noble Arms equip cards into the Graveyard. Then, using either Rescue Rabbit or an Artorigus-Gawayn combo, I'll Xyz Summon Artorigus, King of the Noble Knights. With the Noble Arms cards from my Graveyard boosting him, he has the potential to be very powerful and even more so, versatile. The Queen's Knights are just so the second Rescue Rabbit isn't a dead draw, and it works fairly well with Gawayn for my other Rank 4 Xyz Summons. This field is likely to fill itself up, so yes, I included some harder to Summon Xyz monsters like Shock Master.

Also, before you ask... Yes, I omitted the Judgment Dragon, and no, I don't think this Deck has room to put in Chaos elements, nor do I really like Chaos in the first place. Judgment Dragon I'll think about, but I feel it slows down the more important main strategy of this Deck.

Well, tell me what you all think, tear it apart or build me up, advice is welcome in all forms except flaming. Also bear in mind, I last played in the GX era when the clash for superiority was between a minority of Chaos players, a lot of HERO players, and a few (me) Cyber players. So I'm not updated very much, other than what I've gotten in the past two weeks on DN. Thanks in advance for the help Smile
Back to top Go down

New Deck: Critique, preparing for YCS

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1