Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yubel's Test Results

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Taisakuno Shouri

Zed

Yubel's Test Results Empty
PostSubject: Yubel's Test Results   Yubel's Test Results EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:59 pm

Match : Six Samurai vs Madolche

Match Results: 10/10 1:2

Deck Construction: 17/20

The bulk of the deck ran considerably well throughout the match. Only thing I would change is :
-1 Starlight : You don't even need 2. Even in trap heavy decks like Macro Rabbit, only run one starlight and 1 judgment for that at most.
-2 Compulse: Compulse is only relevant depending on the meta-game.
-1 X-Saber Airbellum: Interesting tech, but most cases drawing into it rather than a good madolche or trap card won't help you.

+ 2-3 Fiendish Chain: It wrecks in both TCG and OCG meta. Only decks not really affected by it would be Mermails and only a few plays that E-dragons make.
+ 2 Duality: I don't know why you wouldn't add duality, in a deck that runs a bit slower than T.G Hootcake build. Rather than the T.G. Magi deck you were going on with. It also adds consitency to help you open better with the madolche cards and traps.
If you need space. I would -1 Hootcake, since you have Magi to search hootcake for heavy storm.

Duelist Peformance: 18/20

Didn't have a chance to record this time, so everything isn't as much detailed. There were a lot of good plays you made, and unfortunately I would have back-up for them. You won the match being patient, and grinding out my cards game 3. That starlight pretty much ended it for me. Game 2 you missed the fact that my Kizan was at 2300, not allowing me to use Ascent and special summon Sanji.

Siding: 9/10

Sided Pachy, 2 Snowman Eater, and Maxx C. All were good sides, but based on your side deck. Siding another Snowman eater would've have been good as well.
Side Deck: 4/5

Side deck composed of : 2 Maxx C, 1 veiler, 1 Pachy, 2 Snowman eater, 2 gozen match, 2 shadow-improsining, 2 royal prison, 1 lance, 2 droll & Lock Bird. Everything was fine, except for the prison and lance. I think that added mind-crush, Soul Drain, or Overworked would do more justice here. You pretty much have most of the side deck covering meta on the OCG side. Good job on that.

Ruling Questions: 10/15

2 of the ruling questions were answered correctly, with resonable explanation.

Total Points: 68/80

Welcome to Ra Yellow Dorm! Just fix up your deck, and if you got all 3 of the ruling questions right, you probably might have made Obelisk. Good job on winning and keep striving for the better.

Last edited by Taisakuno Shouri on Thu May 09, 2013 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Yubel

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: Yubel's Test Results   Yubel's Test Results EmptyThu May 09, 2013 10:16 pm

Just answering....

Deck Construction: 16/20

-1 Starlight : You don't even need 2. Even in trap heavy decks like Macro Rabbit, only run one starlight and 1 judgment for that at most.

I would need two to be able to protect my 10 other traps, 3 field spells and 2 continues spell cards
And two did the job well

Compulse is also great if I have ticket up gives me option to return a madolche that madolche to hand and then get another madolche from deck

-1 X-Saber Airbellum: Interesting tech, but most cases drawing into it rather than a good madolche or trap card won't help you.

Works well with Nimble-Hamster and i'm running two nimbles. Basically if you attack my set nimble hamster and only have one monster to attack then i could bring out airbellum with hamster's effect and go black rose to nuke the field or maybe go Landoise depending on the situation

+ 2-3 Fiendish Chain: It wrecks in both TCG and OCG meta.
I personally didn't think it would be a good idea; Madolche's are weak monsters and if the fiendish chain is targeted to a monster which has a high attack and I have a hand which can't xyz or synchro or help me destroy the monster it will become a big problem.

+1 Heavy storm: I really do not see the reason why to add heavy storm; I'm running 12 traps, 3 field spells and 2 continues spell cards

+2 Duality: I did try running duality at first.. but I found it slowing the deck down too much

Siding:

Sided Pachy, 2 Snowman Eater, and Maxx C. All were good sides, but based on your side deck. Siding another Snowman eater would've have been good as well.

I really did not want to over side. would be terrible If i ended up with too many of the side cards in my hand

Back to top Go down

Taisakuno Shouri

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Yubel's Test Results   Yubel's Test Results EmptyThu May 09, 2013 10:43 pm

Yubel wrote:
Just answering....

Deck Construction: 16/20

I would need two to be able to protect my 10 other traps, 3 field spells and 2 continues spell cards
And two did the job well

Compulse is also great if I have ticket up gives me option to return a madolche that madolche to hand and then get another madolche from deck

Works well with Nimble-Hamster and i'm running two nimbles. Basically if you attack my set nimble hamster and only have one monster to attack then i could bring out airbellum with hamster's effect and go black rose to nuke the field or maybe go Landoise depending on the situation

+ 2-3 Fiendish Chain: It wrecks in both TCG and OCG meta.
I personally didn't think it would be a good idea; Madolche's are weak monsters and if the fiendish chain is targeted to a monster which has a high attack and I have a hand which can't xyz or synchro or help me destroy the monster it will become a big problem.

+1 Heavy storm: I really do not see the reason why to add heavy storm; I'm running 12 traps, 3 field spells and 2 continues spell cards

+2 Duality: I did try running duality at first.. but I found it slowing the deck down too much

Siding:

I really did not want to over side. would be terrible If i ended up with too many of the side cards in my hand

Were talking about the situations where you need starlight road 2 of them. Automatically if you use 1 starlight, you aren't going to want to draw into another. Your reasoning mainly was for your field spells, traps, and others that you have on the field most of the game. There are still msts, dust tornados and such that get over starlight, and drawing into a 2nd starlight won't help you at all here.
Compulsory, sure you can loop madolche's but mainly when you are being attacked you wan't to get rid of your opponent's monsters and stop their moves to play around you. Why would you add a card thats not relevant to the game as Fiendish Chain is for things that probably won't matter as much.
You wouldn't overside. Snowman eater is called when you are facing mermails. You get rid of other boss monsters I have, and shi-en I'm going to lose the game. I need those synchros that stop your spell and trap cards on the bored, and preventing you from gaining card advantage over me. 1 more snowman would have been oversiding.
Heavy Storm ok, tester mistake.
Duality, late game and early game concistency matters a lot, even if your deck is being slow-down. Not only that, but you are running Magi, in which you search your combo pieces up. You wont open Mew, and hootcake so much.
Fiendish Chain isn't all about the stop attack. It puts decks on a hold, and tight situations when this card is played. Its not really about if you can't XYZ into a monster or synchro. Even if thats the case, if you compulsed the monster, they can just bring it back the next turn... For the meta matchups Fiendish chain stops Ophion, it puts Junon on hold unless you have mst, or Wisdom, and it stops big Rank 7 plays for E-dragons. Fire fists lose their out with bear, or if u are using axis Fire Fist, they can't ss. Situations that constantly come up. Not only that, but it destroys most of the rest of the rogue decks being played in the OCG, besides mermails. I don't see how Compulse is more relevant. I messed up on the heavy so you get a +1 on deck.
Back to top Go down

Yubel

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: Yubel's Test Results   Yubel's Test Results EmptyThu May 09, 2013 11:09 pm

Quote :

Were talking about the situations where you need starlight road 2 of them. Automatically if you use 1 starlight, you aren't going to want to draw into another. Your reasoning mainly was for your field spells, traps, and others that you have on the field most of the game. There are still msts, dust tornados and such that get over starlight, and drawing into a 2nd starlight won't help you at all here.
Compulsory, sure you can loop madolche's but mainly when you are being attacked you wan't to get rid of your opponent's monsters and stop their moves to play around you. Why would you add a card thats not relevant to the game as Fiendish Chain is for things that probably won't matter as much.
You wouldn't overside. Snowman eater is called when you are facing mermails. You get rid of other boss monsters I have, and shi-en I'm going to lose the game. I need those synchros that stop your spell and trap cards on the bored, and preventing you from gaining card advantage over me. 1 more snowman would have been oversiding.
Duality, late game and early game concistency matters a lot, even if your deck is being slow-down. Not only that, but you are running Magi, in which you search your combo pieces up. You wont open Mew, and hootcake so much.
Fiendish Chain isn't all about the stop attack. It puts decks on a hold, and tight situations when this card is played. Its not really about if you can't XYZ into a monster or synchro. Even if thats the case, if you compulsed the monster, they can just bring it back the next turn... For the meta matchups Fiendish chain stops Ophion, it puts Junon on hold unless you have mst, or Wisdom, and it stops big Rank 7 plays for E-dragons. Fire fists lose their out with bear, or if u are using axis Fire Fist, they can't ss. I don't see how Compulse is more relevant. I messed up on the heavy so you get a +1 on deck.

In many cases starlight road can also be used as a bluff to be destroyed by mst or dust tornado so no problem one for one. I run two to increase the chance of having drawing one starlight road. Compulsary is great for getting xyz's and synchros.. And of course I wouldn't waste a compulsary on a monster unless i actually had too.. I don't want to be running fiendish chain as the opponents monster will still be on the field. Madolche's are very weak without being able to xyz or synchro and if i had a hand where i cant xyz or synchro or get rid of the monster and I use fiendish chain it's going to be a problem as the monster will remain on the field and as also mst can destroy fiendish chain, and also compulsary can be chained to mst to get rid of a monster I just think compulsary is the better choice of situations in a madolche deck .. I just think compulsary works better then fiendish chain in madolches. I actually wouldn't have to be worrying about ophion really as i mostly rely on xyz which are level 4 and xyz's which can get rid of ophion and also compulsary would be able to get rid of ophion also unless the opponent has infestation. Now the pot of dualitys.. I know consistency matters a lot but I don't think it's worth my deck being slowed down as much. For the side deck I had a total of 5 cards to help me stop your plays.. Solemn judgment, Maxx c, Fossil Dyno, snowman eater, And I think I had sided in two maxx c's.

Back to top Go down

Taisakuno Shouri

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Yubel's Test Results   Yubel's Test Results EmptyFri May 10, 2013 12:16 am

Yubel wrote:
Quote :

Fiendish Chain isn't all about the stop attack. It puts decks on a hold, and tight situations when this card is played. Its not really about if you can't XYZ into a monster or synchro. Even if thats the case, if you compulsed the monster, they can just bring it back the next turn... For the meta matchups Fiendish chain stops Ophion, it puts Junon on hold unless you have mst, or Wisdom, and it stops big Rank 7 plays for E-dragons. Fire fists lose their out with bear, or if u are using axis Fire Fist, they can't ss. I don't see how Compulse is more relevant. I messed up on the heavy so you get a +1 on deck.

In many cases starlight road can also be used as a bluff to be destroyed by mst or dust tornado so no problem one for one. I run two to increase the chance of having drawing one starlight road. Compulsary is great for getting xyz's and synchros.. And of course I wouldn't waste a compulsary on a monster unless i actually had too.. I don't want to be running fiendish chain as the opponents monster will still be on the field. Madolche's are very weak without being able to xyz or synchro and if i had a hand where i cant xyz or synchro or get rid of the monster and I use fiendish chain it's going to be a problem as the monster will remain on the field and as also mst can destroy fiendish chain, and also compulsary can be chained to mst to get rid of a monster I just think compulsary is the better choice of situations in a madolche deck .. I just think compulsary works better then fiendish chain in madolches. I actually wouldn't have to be worrying about ophion really as i mostly rely on xyz which are level 4 and xyz's which can get rid of ophion and also compulsary would be able to get rid of ophion also unless the opponent has infestation. Now the pot of dualitys.. I know consistency matters a lot but I don't think it's worth my deck being slowed down as much. For the side deck I had a total of 5 cards to help me stop your plays.. Solemn judgment, Maxx c, Fossil Dyno, snowman eater, And I think I had sided in two maxx c's.

claiming Mst bait as running 2 copies is a poor reason. Hen ur facing good players they aren't gonna waste an Mst and blind. Also if u set starlight alone and EP your starlight with no other backrow you just showed me that you had no other card to defend yourself and that starlight was a dead draw. You keep saying that you need to protect it s/t heavy is the only card commonly used that starlight has a purpose on s/t destruction. 1 situation the other 1 is d-hole commonly coming up. I which d hole an torrential does nothing to ur deck unless fissure and macro. Ur opponent won't always have heavy and drawing into a 2nd starlight is useless. Yes compulse can stop xyz and synchros, but that is the only thing it does which isn't as relevant as the many situations I posted that will put them down. Ophion dorsnt have to deal with the ss of ur rank 4. I was stating cars where that situation will pop up. Fiendish chain puts a huge burden on evilswarm unless they have an mst. Yes they can Mst fiendish but that doesn't happen everytime you use fiendish. Case point it stops plays. Other situations compulse effectively change the game state. Also the only thing duality does is stop u from ss in one turn. There will be times when duality will give you better options and better setup.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yubel's Test Results   Yubel's Test Results Empty

Back to top Go down

Yubel's Test Results

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1