Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Archon, Dark Heart Re-test

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

lever10

Leona

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Archon, Dark Heart Re-test Left_bar_bleue100/100Archon, Dark Heart Re-test Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Archon, Dark Heart Re-test Empty
PostSubject: Archon, Dark Heart Re-test   Archon, Dark Heart Re-test EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 6:15 am

Match Duel: Lightsworn Dragons vs. Wetland Ice Barriers
Single Duel: Blue-Eyes White Dragon vs. Blue-Eyes White Dragon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Match Results: 0/12 points
2 vs 0

Match Deck Construction: 12/17

- Number of Cards: 3/3

- Consistency: 3/8
The deck managed gravity bind and wetlands relatively easily. These definitely add to it's consistency. However when gravity bind was destroyed or he didn't draw it he had nothing to stop my monsters. Nothing of even an attempt. HE couldn't get multiple monsters out for Xyz even except at one point a level 1 was out and he normal summoned a level 2. I give 3 points because gravity bind did slow me down and not let me do what i wanted to. Wetlands was retrieved easily and because of it i was put down to less than a third of my life relatively easily. He couldn't really get his draw power because (lucky me) would pull a set ryko on my first turn and lyla in my hand the second, so i oculd go and not be worried about back row and take out his set defender of the ice barrier through RYko's effect instead of battle. He showed me his end hand at the end of both games and at one point the top card and had he gotten that top card he would have been able to definately made some changes. I noticed that if he had one more draw he could have pulled Traingle of Ice barrier and gotten out a rank 2 monster as well as destroying something powerful of mine like my lightpulsar because i had no dark dragons in my graveyard. I don't know if the deck lacks staples like mirror force, dimensional prison, and effect veiler. I would definitely recommend these if you lack them.

- Originality: 4/4
Low level ice barriers with wetlands as the biggest push. Seems pretty original.

- Side Deck: 2/2

Match Performance: 12/17 points

- Focus: 2/2
No mislicks or issues like that.

- Use of cards: 8/8
Not much else he could have done. I see nothing with how he played. I was busy keeping him in lockdown. My Lylas stopping wetlands and getting bluffed. DAD at one point also helped with that. Both games i had at least 1 Lightpulsar and Darkness Metal Dragon out for power.

- Siding: 2/7
He sided cards like terraforming and Moray of greed that are staple cards that i believe don't oroginally belong in the side deck, but i guess in some situations it would help. In this case wetlands didn't really. He did side in one gozen match and one penguin soldier. Penguin soldier specifically was a very nice side against my chaos deck because i only have a limited number of dark mosnters, and so it would be easy to create damage to my strategy. Gozen was nice. It would stop my DAD/Metal dragon being on the field as the same time as my lightsworn and lightpulsars. I personally think that my lightpulsars/lightsworn were enough but gozen would definitely have harmed me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Single Result: 5/5 points

Single Deck Construction: 13/15 points

- Number of Cards: 3/3

- Consistency: 8/8
It was a constellar deck. He went first and got super lucky. First turn Zenmaines+ both solemns set. Second Turn Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger. Due to having both of these monsters and both solemns i was very quickly killed due these cards and I couldn't get anything good out except some bluffers.

- Originality: 2/4
Standard Constellar deck. I don't see these guys TOO often anymore so i gave him half the points. He argued that he doesn't see constellars so they deserve more, but he might not even be thinking about the actual definition of "originality." Originality is being new. There wasn't anything new with the constellars, but I still give points for decks that are not commonly used.

Single Performance: 8/10 points

- Focus: 2/2
No mistakes really.

- Use of cards: 6/8
First turn Zenmaines second turn Gaia was a nasty realization of mine i was screwed. However he got Gaia via Constellar Omega and Constellar Ptolemy M7 and did not use any of their effects. Because constellar Ptolemy M7 can fish for monsters I would have used his ability, or even Omega's as well, to put monsters in the grave and one in the hand in order make easier access for you to them. considering if I had monster reborn and you had double resistance against that and an xyz summon/tribute summon which is all i would possibly want with those cards and that Gaia Dragon has no need for Xyz materials, that is what i would have done. Other than that you did well. Starting with Zenmaines then pushing Gaia Dragon was nice.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rulings: 2/10
during the match i managed to trick him by banishing two monsters in my grave to special summon lightpulsar dragon from the grave. I specifically said in chat "ss from grave" to avoid confusion like it was in my hand. He also thought he takes damage from Phantom of Chaos. At one point i managed to not let him mill and had to let him know i didnt and same for me using lightpulsar as the non-tuner for arcanite magician. In the test He proved he understood spell speed and what it does, however he thought continuous trap cards were spell speed 1. When i gave a chain he completely missed the seemingly obvious bottomless trap hole being unable to banish arcanite magician. Also I quizzed him on effect veiler'ing a catapult turtle and he didn't know that catapult turtle's effect works when veilered IF he tributes himself. I give him two points due to him knowing about spell speed (aside from that one issue with thinking continuous trap cards are spell speed 1, he knows more than a lot sadly) and him noting that the dragon used to special summon red-eyes must be banished, not sent to the grave.

Attitude: 2/2
No attitude issues.

Deck Variety: 2/2
Constellars and low level ice barriers. I see no similarity with either of them.

Special Stipulation:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall Total: 56/90

Congratulations! You finally made it to Ra Yellow!
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
Archon, Dark Heart Re-test Left_bar_bleue84/84Archon, Dark Heart Re-test Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: Archon, Dark Heart Re-test   Archon, Dark Heart Re-test EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 6:20 am

Once again, congratualtions Archon. Welcome to Ra Yellow.

Way to derp lever Razz
Back to top Go down

lever10

Leona

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Archon, Dark Heart Re-test Left_bar_bleue100/100Archon, Dark Heart Re-test Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: Archon, Dark Heart Re-test   Archon, Dark Heart Re-test EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 6:21 am

Lol shut up Razz
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
Archon, Dark Heart Re-test Left_bar_bleue84/84Archon, Dark Heart Re-test Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: Archon, Dark Heart Re-test   Archon, Dark Heart Re-test EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 6:44 am

I'm not even sure why you had to redo the thread but I got my congrats in all the same.
Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Archon, Dark Heart Re-test   Archon, Dark Heart Re-test EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 12:25 pm

Weird. Really weird, actually.
Back to top Go down

Archon Dark Heart

Leona

Location : somewhere, riding on the back of valkoor the luck dragon

PostSubject: Re: Archon, Dark Heart Re-test   Archon, Dark Heart Re-test EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 2:27 pm

YES BARE MINIMUM FTW!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.silvermoondrow.blogspot.com

lever10

Leona

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Archon, Dark Heart Re-test   Archon, Dark Heart Re-test EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 4:17 pm

Rain I think the biggest things that got him there were the fact he managed to get me down to 2200 LP with 2 monsters out, one of which could direct attack (which scared the crap out of me) when i was playing my lightsworn dragons. That and his insane luck with his constellars specifically got him a huge amount of points. I do believe it was luck but i really couldn't ding him much in that single because of his stellar starting hand.
Back to top Go down

Archon Dark Heart

Leona

Location : somewhere, riding on the back of valkoor the luck dragon

PostSubject: Re: Archon, Dark Heart Re-test   Archon, Dark Heart Re-test EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 5:10 pm

i do get lucky sometimes....
and i'm glad that was one of them
Back to top Go down
http://www.silvermoondrow.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Archon, Dark Heart Re-test   Archon, Dark Heart Re-test Empty

Back to top Go down

Archon, Dark Heart Re-test

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1