Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Testing Rubric

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Sasukat

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
New Testing Rubric - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100New Testing Rubric - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
New Testing Rubric - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 4:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

Banned decks: Alt-win conditions and meta (Current Meta: Geargia and Mermails).

All tests are conducted using TCG format

Testers are:
C.C.
Pride
DarkSoul
Sasukat
Hero

Tester Name (Deck) v.s Testee Name (Deck)

Match Results: x/4:
+2 for each win. Bonus +2 if went 2-0

Use of Cards x/20:
How well did the testee use their cards? A duelist must be able to make the best of the cards they have, and as such that's what this section is.

Duel Control: x/15:
Rate the amount of control the testee held during the match. Were they able to make comebacks? Or did you hold control for the entire match?

Creativity: x/5
Did their deck have cool techs that seperated it from other decks like it? Was it a type of deck you don't see often? Or was it a cut and paste copy of most decks like it, and a deck everyone uses?

Attitude: x/2:
Did they keep a good attitude throughout the test, or did they argue at every turn?

Ruling Knowlege: x/16:
8 questions about rulings, each worth 2 points.

Concentration and Misplays: x/8:
Did the testee pay attention to the duel, or were they constantly asking what you just did, or forgetting effects? Did they play well, or did they make mistakes when using effects?

Deck Build: x/20:
How good was the build of their deck? Was it able to work well towards a win condition, or was it not able to do much? Was it consistant? Did it actually work?

Side Deck: x/10:

How good was their side deck? Did it look like it could handle anything the deck would suffer against? How well did they side against you? If there was nothing in their side to help against your deck, than that is a problem unless they have a reason not to.

Total points: x/100

Slifer Red = 0-65

Ra Yellow = 66 - 89

Obelisk Blue = 90 - 100

Last edited by Sasukat on Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: C.C.
HP:
New Testing Rubric - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100New Testing Rubric - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 8:35 am

Imo, the testers themselves shouldn't be using anything of the sort you just named. I've gone over that at another Acad, where someone kept using Norleras for Testing. You simply take away a testee's chance of showing his or her worth. Tbh, esters should use Decks that are not OP, yet can still pack a punch. Like Gusto, Batteryman, Evols prolly not the best idea. But at least, Decks that are around the Tier 2, 3 area.
Back to top Go down

Potato

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 9:33 am

no no no you're misunderstanding, you're suggesting what i previously suggested. Gusto, Batteryman, Evols are slow control decks (batteryman not so much but eh...) Personally i was using control spirits, kuribohs(Best out of these 3) and boxers, anyone that's dueled me can confirm that they could easily play against tier 1 and still keep a match going. I can't remember the other decks but yeah i'm sorry if you thought i meant we should run tier 9, that's a no no. I only meant we shouldn't run artifacts, traptrix, hands, madolshits, etc. Avoiding the absolute tier 1, and playing decks which could at least stand up to them. Playing the rogue decks also tests how well they side (I've had so much fun seeing how people side against spirits <3 ) I just don't like watching tier 1 and artifacts demolish a testee Sad
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 9:34 am

Which is exactly what I meant. Testers shouldn't run that stuff. Lmao.
Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

PostSubject: Re: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 4:09 pm

I actually agree with Potato-head here. Testers should run the types of decks he mentioned to kinda intervene with what the testee is doing, while not totally shutting him down, or going for an all out OTK. Testees should have a few turns to show what they can do in a losing situation, not be annihilated the very turn they are PUT in a losing situation. However, the deck should still be good enough that the tester can stand a chance against his testee. Things like Hunders, Constellars, Fire Fists. Remember, the goal of the tester is not to win, it's to give an accurate assessment of the testee's skill. I myself have often waited a turn or two when I could easily be going for game, just to see what the testee could pull out of his ass. Of course they'd still be knocked because I COULD and normally WOULD have swooped, but I got a more accurate read of his skill that way.
Back to top Go down

DarkSoul

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: Finn The Human
HP:

PostSubject: Re: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 7:57 pm

It is a test, not a complete and utter slaughter fest lol.

The Oxford Dictionary defines the word 'test' as the following; "A procedure intended to establish the quality, performance, or reliability of something, especially before it is taken into widespread use."
Back to top Go down

Potato

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 8:32 pm

"before taken to wide spread use " aka no meta.
Back to top Go down

DarkSoul

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 8:35 pm

Precisely what I said, its not a slaughter fest, its a test, intended to show the true extent of ones skills and resourcefulness.
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 8:36 pm

So I think we all agree to the point that testers should not use Meta?
Back to top Go down

DarkSoul

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 8:40 pm

Anything tier 1.5 and above should not be used.
Back to top Go down

IAmANoobyNoob

Leona

PostSubject: Re: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 11:48 pm

Agreed
Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
New Testing Rubric - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0New Testing Rubric - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
PostSubject: Re: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 10:56 pm

Staff testers updated.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
New Testing Rubric - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0New Testing Rubric - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 1:08 am

Tbh you should update banned decks. HAT and Georgia should be the banned ones atm.
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 1:13 am

Fluff Fluff wrote:
Tbh you should update banned decks. HAT and Georgia should be the banned ones atm.

Yea, states are getting real big nowadays Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:

PostSubject: Re: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 1:16 am

Omnimon wrote:
Fluff Fluff wrote:

Yea, states are getting real big nowadays Very Happy

Fuck my phones auto correct :l Geargia*

Its up to you guys though because in 3 weeks we have a new banlist. Depends on how many testees you get in that time .-.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Testing Rubric

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Duel Academy :: General and Misc :: Testing Archive :: Test Results-