Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Testing Rubric

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Sasukat

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
New Testing Rubric Left_bar_bleue100/100New Testing Rubric Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
New Testing Rubric Empty
PostSubject: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 4:21 pm

Banned decks: Alt-win conditions and meta (Current Meta: Geargia and Mermails).

All tests are conducted using TCG format

Testers are:
C.C.
Pride
DarkSoul
Sasukat
Hero

Tester Name (Deck) v.s Testee Name (Deck)

Match Results: x/4:
+2 for each win. Bonus +2 if went 2-0

Use of Cards x/20:
How well did the testee use their cards? A duelist must be able to make the best of the cards they have, and as such that's what this section is.

Duel Control: x/15:
Rate the amount of control the testee held during the match. Were they able to make comebacks? Or did you hold control for the entire match?

Creativity: x/5
Did their deck have cool techs that seperated it from other decks like it? Was it a type of deck you don't see often? Or was it a cut and paste copy of most decks like it, and a deck everyone uses?

Attitude: x/2:
Did they keep a good attitude throughout the test, or did they argue at every turn?

Ruling Knowlege: x/16:
8 questions about rulings, each worth 2 points.

Concentration and Misplays: x/8:
Did the testee pay attention to the duel, or were they constantly asking what you just did, or forgetting effects? Did they play well, or did they make mistakes when using effects?

Deck Build: x/20:
How good was the build of their deck? Was it able to work well towards a win condition, or was it not able to do much? Was it consistant? Did it actually work?

Side Deck: x/10:

How good was their side deck? Did it look like it could handle anything the deck would suffer against? How well did they side against you? If there was nothing in their side to help against your deck, than that is a problem unless they have a reason not to.

Total points: x/100

Slifer Red = 0-65

Ra Yellow = 66 - 89

Obelisk Blue = 90 - 100

Last edited by Sasukat on Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
New Testing Rubric Left_bar_bleue84/84New Testing Rubric Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

New Testing Rubric Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 6:37 pm

So we are back to the old setup again.
Back to top Go down

Potato

Lucian

New Testing Rubric Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 6:44 pm

I told you to remove attitude @_@ put the points to concentration.
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
New Testing Rubric Left_bar_bleue100/100New Testing Rubric Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
New Testing Rubric Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 7:15 pm

PimpinEveryNubInSlifer wrote:
I told you to remove attitude @_@ put the points to concentration.

Too bad .-.

Good attitude needs to be promoted to make members friendly.
Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

New Testing Rubric Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 4:26 am

You shouldn't AWARD points for attitude though. Simply deduct some if they are dick-faces, otherwise it shouldn't impact the score.
Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
New Testing Rubric Left_bar_bleue0/0New Testing Rubric Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
New Testing Rubric Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 4:42 am

What... I love the tier system..  We made such a big deal out of it, and then this..  Mer..
Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

New Testing Rubric Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 4:44 am

Meh. Neither is superior to the other. They both have equal faults and strengths.
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
New Testing Rubric Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 10:48 am

Both are pretty much the same but having one test makes the job easier for testers. Plus are Ra rubric was waay to generous, it was like most academy's slifer standards.
Back to top Go down

Nikosan

Lucian

New Testing Rubric Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 11:54 am

Oooh i demand a free retest Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
New Testing Rubric Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 5:58 pm

Nikosan wrote:
Oooh i demand a free retest Very Happy

You want to be in slifer?

Sure, pay in the shop and contact a tester.
Back to top Go down

Potato

Lucian

New Testing Rubric Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 6:00 pm

Rly though, if im testing an asshole you're definetly going to see it in the grading. There's no need to have attitude.
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Superion
HP:
New Testing Rubric Left_bar_bleue1000/1000New Testing Rubric Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

New Testing Rubric Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 12:35 am

Quote :
Banned decks: Alt-win conditions and meta (Current Meta: Fire Fists and Mermails).

i would suggest updating that
Back to top Go down

iAmFlam3ezZ

Leona

New Testing Rubric Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 2:36 am

Superion Maximus wrote:
Quote :
Banned decks: Alt-win conditions and meta (Current Meta: Fire Fists and Mermails).

I would suggest waiting for the new format to start.
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Superion
HP:
New Testing Rubric Left_bar_bleue1000/1000New Testing Rubric Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

New Testing Rubric Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 2:52 am

iAmFlam3ezZ wrote:
Superion Maximus wrote:
Quote :

I would suggest waiting for the new format to start.

theres always a format to be updated to XD
Back to top Go down

IceKing

Lucian

New Testing Rubric Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 10:51 pm

Geargia and mermails ? Should be geargia and HAT
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: C.C.
HP:

New Testing Rubric Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 10:59 pm

I have several things that I think aren't proper with this. Agreed, there shouldn't be banned Decks. Also, the results of the Match should not be in question here. It does not have anything to do with a persons skill if they win or lose. There are parts concerning the Match up [Evilswarm vs Madolche or Chaos Dragons vs Evilswarm] and luck of the draw. This should not be parts of the judging.
Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
New Testing Rubric Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 4:20 am

I think the user should play whatever they're best at.

Then the tester can judge them based on things like, how many people play this deck?  Is this a deck that can be looked up easily?  Is this deck easier or harder to use?

This is going to sound dumb, but I know whenever I test, I always wish burn was allowed because I have several unique burn decks.

Now in this situation, I could use it, but I would be counted off for it because it's kinda cheaper and such.
Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

New Testing Rubric Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 5:01 am

No Pride, no. No. No. One more time. No. Lol. Reason being: Alternate win-condition decks, meaning any deck that wishes to cause the opponent to lose in some way other than depleting life points to 0, cannot and should not be played. They have a minimal amount of interaction with the other player's cards and deck, and what is >USUALLY< going to be tested, is how well a player uses their cards in a situation, and what cards they HAVE. The first can't be judged with one of these decks, because in any situation, the same cards, plays, and end-game are in use in any situation.

And no on the net-decking liability and commonality on the score cuz... must I explain this?

Sorry for being so blunt about that btw.
Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
New Testing Rubric Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 5:22 am

Oh yeah, I understand that!

I was just using that as an example!  Now I feel stupid, sorry!  Haha.

But yes, I would agree with the alternate win condition, but I was just using it as an example for using whatever deck you want.

Maybe something else would have been better, but eh!  I hope that clarified!  Haha
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

New Testing Rubric Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 10:22 am

I agree on at least banning the alternate Win condition decks, such as Countdown, Exodia, Burn etc. But to ban the meta seems a bit too much. It takes skill to know how to run the deck. As such, that skill would be what places a person in a higher up dorm. It's exactly that, which we are testing. And if they don't have the skill to handle thing,s then, well. Obviously, really, they won't get higher dorms.
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
New Testing Rubric Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 7:19 pm

I agree. Ban alternate win condition since as Evil said, it makes it hard to check thier skill but meta should still be allowed.
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

New Testing Rubric Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 7:20 pm

Yeah. As for the MAtch result for points. Imo, it really shouldn't be part of the points. For above named reasons.
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
New Testing Rubric Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 7:45 pm

Well that's debatable. I am not saying it should be but all I am saying is maybe it can be lowered. Its still telling an outcome of they played. I mean I know bad luck and hands effects this but stuff like that always happens. If you go into a tourny and lose, you can't say "Oh, I had a bad hand". Your deck should be consistent enough to win or you should side better or even if you lose game 1, try and win the other 2 games.
Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

New Testing Rubric Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 6:07 am

The problem I see with including match results for points is it is entirely too subjective. Matchups of decks, as well as testee and tester play a huge role in this. Someone who played and demolished me 2/0 would get full points, but what if Sasu could 2/0 that person? Is it fair that they will get different scores simply based on how lucky they were to pull which tester?
Back to top Go down

Potato

Lucian

New Testing Rubric Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 8:01 am

The testers should learn to play in a way that'll actually test the testee then.
I test using control decks which will almost never otk, simply because i want to drag out a match and see everything someone has up their sleave.
Whereas other testers will play mermails or karakuri and give you 1 turn to do something, or they could play total control like bujins in which you can't really do anything. Good tester will be able to test well and if anything they're more then welcome to fake the match results for the testee's sake.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Testing Rubric Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Testing Rubric   New Testing Rubric Empty

Back to top Go down

New Testing Rubric

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next