Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Revolution Starts Now!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
The Revolution Starts Now! Left_bar_bleue100/100The Revolution Starts Now! Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
The Revolution Starts Now! Empty
PostSubject: The Revolution Starts Now!   The Revolution Starts Now! EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 7:59 pm

Listen to me. Everyone. I will try to make this simple, and easy to follow. Though I fear ahead of time I may fail, at least in that respect. I've never been one at keeping things "Simple."

I am hereby coming out of the shadows. You are most likely wondering 2 things.

1: You don't know me very well, and your wondering "Who is the Ventri guy?"

2: You know me very well and your wondering, "Vent, oh my god, we needed you, where have you been?"

Let me respond to both by saying. Hello, I am Ventriloquist, Aka Vent, or Ventri. But some have the pleasure of calling me Kai. Whatever works for you is fine. As for where I've been. My friends I have been here the whole time. I have watched from afar. Stopping by late at night, talking to a few select members in the chat because they can't sleep at night or something is bothering them. And browsing the forums on a weekly basis at least. I stay quiet because I am sad, sad to see this place in such disarray.

You all are to blame, for buying into the idea of "Elitism," like sheep. Following the flock as you cry out, "If we do this! We will be better!"

I say to you all, stop you bleating, stop your talk and DO SOMETHING!. ACT! STAND UP AND FIGHT! If an admin is wrong, don't kiss thier ass and follow them and lick thier poor little wounds. Tell them they are WRONG! Keep this in mind at ALL TIMES! I was once an Admin on this site and if I had done something wrong I would have WANTED TO KNOW! If fact, I have been called out before for not being active enough to hold the position, and what did I do? I stepped down, and I have not asked for an admin spot since Neutral

Because we have to admit our mistakes, and out shortcomings. And we have to trust others will accept us for them. This site will NEVER be perfect. But we must continuously strive, to be better than we were yesterday. That doesn't mean talking about random video games and spamming posts on the daily. It means working on things like Pride has done with the RP section. Have I seen better RPs than he makes? Yes, plenty. But have I seen people with as much DRIVE, and as much COURAGE as he has to post his RPs? Not nearly as often. Neutral

Another example is Gallows as much of a Piece of Shit Troll he could be, was also a GREAT staff in regard to "Getting Shit Done."

Lastly I have this to say. Yes, Yugioh is a kids game. And if you people want a childrens website. That the rest of the Interwebs, and true, quality adult members view as something hardly worth their time. If you want to be the Head Admins "Toy," then then continue on as you are now.

BUt if you want to strive to become a great forum. Stop worrying about rules, number of members, number of posts and simply focus on each person. WE all have a voice. And we should let it be heard. You can make all the rules in the world but it doesn't make a good forum. You can have one thousand members and that doesn't make a good forum either. What matters is what happens WITHIN the forum. The mistakes that are made, the trials that are over come and the beauty, and the artwork that comes from that process.

Again I remind you, I've been here all along. In the shadows, using my knowledge as an experienced forumite to slowly spread seeds. Seeds.... Of Revolution! I ask you now, WHO'S WITH ME! JOIN THE REVOLUTION AND LETS MAKE ODA THE PLACE IT'S ALWAYS BEEN CAPABLE OF BEING!

#JoinTheRevolution!
Back to top Go down
http://Chatango.com - Ventriloquist

PostSubject: Re: The Revolution Starts Now!   The Revolution Starts Now! EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 8:01 pm

Standing up is why I was selected for Evil's Assistant at the beginning~
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Superion
HP:
The Revolution Starts Now! Left_bar_bleue1000/1000The Revolution Starts Now! Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: The Revolution Starts Now!   The Revolution Starts Now! EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 8:02 pm

The Revolution Starts Now! OEhmcbG

The Revolution Starts Now! GxgvohS

i hope your happy knowing that u caused lag
Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
The Revolution Starts Now! Left_bar_bleue100/100The Revolution Starts Now! Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: The Revolution Starts Now!   The Revolution Starts Now! EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 8:34 pm

How did I cause lag btw? If i can fix it I will.
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Superion
HP:
The Revolution Starts Now! Left_bar_bleue1000/1000The Revolution Starts Now! Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: The Revolution Starts Now!   The Revolution Starts Now! EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 8:45 pm

you caused it by being around when it happened . So of course your to blame *flips a table*
Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: The Revolution Starts Now!   The Revolution Starts Now! EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 8:54 pm

I'm assuming the lag is just cuz 2 many people on forum at once #Lol? If so then my bad but at the same time I regret nothing!

#YoloSweg2014
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
The Revolution Starts Now! Left_bar_bleue84/84The Revolution Starts Now! Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: The Revolution Starts Now!   The Revolution Starts Now! EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 5:36 am

The rules are really better suited as "Guidelines" I think. I tried to hard to enforce them and look how that went.
Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

PostSubject: Re: The Revolution Starts Now!   The Revolution Starts Now! EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 7:18 am

Heh... the revolution... it pains me a bit to realize members do not have as much voice as I once thought and would prefer.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:
The Revolution Starts Now! Left_bar_bleue84/84The Revolution Starts Now! Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: The Revolution Starts Now!   The Revolution Starts Now! EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 7:20 am

Its not hard to remedy this. Giving users here more of a say so can be done, if you are careful.
Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

PostSubject: Re: The Revolution Starts Now!   The Revolution Starts Now! EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 7:23 am

Nottu wrote:
Its not hard to remedy this. Giving users here more of a say so can be done, if you are careful.

Yeah, the only thing that worries me is a system of absolutism. Which would basically cause problems when troll members, an example being the ever-so-loved Twiddget get members behind their backs for ridiculous things.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Revolution Starts Now!   The Revolution Starts Now! EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 7:42 am

Basically, you just need a system of checks and balances. No one has all the power, the people can speak their mind BUT the Staff also keeps them in line and out of trouble SHOULD they go too far.

I wish I had been able to think this clearly way back...
Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

PostSubject: Re: The Revolution Starts Now!   The Revolution Starts Now! EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 7:45 am

Nottu wrote:
Basically, you just need a system of checks and balances. No one has all the power, the people can speak their mind BUT the Staff also keeps them in line and out of trouble SHOULD they go too far.

I wish I had been able to think this clearly way back...
I understand that, but that falls under the category of "Easily Said..."
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Revolution Starts Now!   The Revolution Starts Now! EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 8:00 am

You have a smart Staff here. Surely you can all come up with something.
Back to top Go down

DarkSoul

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: Finn The Human
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Revolution Starts Now!   The Revolution Starts Now! EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 9:05 am

Ventriloquist, I agree with you on so many levels here. #joinedtherevolution
Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: The Revolution Starts Now!   The Revolution Starts Now! EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 5:56 pm

I'm actually working on a system of check and balances now Nottu. It will be up and posted in a separate thread of its own before the end of today. ^.^ Hope you all enjoy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Revolution Starts Now!   The Revolution Starts Now! EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 6:03 pm

My Ventri. So Wise~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Revolution Starts Now!   The Revolution Starts Now! Empty

Back to top Go down

The Revolution Starts Now!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1