Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

- HG2 Deck Masters -

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 6:03 am

First topic message reminder :

I said I'd be posting this on Tuesday, but hey, better sooner than later, right?

Hey everyone, Pride here.  This topic is in regards towards the a Duelist's Deck Master in the Hunger Games 2.0 RPG event.

As you all are aware by now, in the games now, you're permitted to select any monster card as your deck master.  This could be a Normal Monster, an Effect Monster, a Fusion Monster, a Ritual Monster, a Syncrho Monster, or an XYZ Monster.

Deck Master will operate as the following:

1.  You're permitted to select an effect for your deck master that may be applied ONCE during a duel.  EX:  Kuriboh's Ability in the anime was once Yugi took no damage the entire turn.

2.  You're permitted to summon your deck monster on to the field at any time.  Once summoned, your deck master will have no effect, only its' attack and defense points.  However, if your master is destroyed, you'll automatically lose the game.  In rules to this, there are some circumstances that I have found to be acceptations to this rule.  I will post these acceptations below:

- If your master is set facedown on the field EX:  Book of Moon.  Nothing really happens.  It's just facedown.

- If your master is destroyed and sent to the graveyard and BEFORE the end of your turn you can bring it back?  You're not dead.  EX:  Kuriboh is destroyed by Dark Hole, however I use a Call of the Haunted card before the End-Phase and I don't lose.

- If your master is banished and the effect of the card states that it will be brought back under certain circumstances, then you will not lose.  EX:  Future Visions, the monster will be brought back next turn, you don't lose.  However a card like Macro Cosmos, you will lose.

- If your master is somehow said to return to the hand/extra deck, then it will just go back to its', "Summon whenever rule".  However you will NOT be permitted to activate its effect again.

3.  Regarding which effect your master will have will happen below and now.   The people of this topic will decide if an effect is too overpowered or suggest some effects more reasonable.   We'll use two cards as examples.
- Kuriboh:  Because of its low attack points, its effect should be allowed to be better.  EX:  The no damage one turn.
- Blue Eyes White Dragon:  Because of its high attack points, its effect will be much worse.  EX:  All monsters you control gain 100 ATK.

So as you can see, if a monster has lower attack points, then its effect will be better.  If a monster has higher attack points, then its effect will be worse.

4.  Your deck master's effect is supposed to mirror its original effect in some manner.  EX:  Kuriboh's effect involves battle damage just like its original effect.  It doesn't do something random like increase attack points or something.

5.  Your master will be following you around in the RPG, but it will only be seen by you.  So also take that into consideration.  (Story/Plot/Etc..)

O - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - O

This covers most of the basics.  If anyone has ANY questions at all, feel free to post them below.

Last edited by Pride on Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Kill Matronix
HP:
- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 11:10 am

you banish it. there's only one DM in your deck but if you have 3 monsters (i.e. eria, the water charmer) only one of them is your DM.
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: C.C.
HP:
- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 2:20 pm

Imo, you should only have one copy of the monster you choose as your Deck Master. In my case, just 1 Eria. In other people's cases, 1 Ice Edge, 1 Baby Roc, 1 etc etc.
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 2:38 pm

darn. why would you suggest this, c.c.? D:
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 2:48 pm

I don't think it'll really make much of a difference if we have it in our decks or not. Our opponent should know our deck masters before we even face them. We could just give them the link to this forum in the duel so they know for sure what our deck master is/it's ability. If you decide to move it to the field, just summon a token and it'll have the same attack/defense/level as the deck master. I don't see much of a need to clutter our decks for a deck master we may/may not even use. At that, I see no need to edit our decks accordingly if we would normally use 3 of that deck master and instead we have to banish 1 copy from our decks. I just think it'd be easier to keep it in mind and when the time comes to summon it (if you ever do) then just make a token.
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Superion
HP:
- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1000/1000- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 3:59 pm

i think it would be best to banish the deckmaster upon the start of the duel while also still having any other copies of that card in ur deck. Just like in the anime the deckmaster isnt some special card that wasnt in the deck ,its a regular card that you choose to be the deckmaster
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 4:11 pm

I'd go with that idea but I feel like if you would normally use 3 of that particular monster in your deck than you're at a disadvantage. I mean, I never use Mist Valley Baby Roc the way it is so I have no complaints but I don't know what everybody else thinks.
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
HP:
- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1000/1000- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 4:30 pm

if you needed to use three of the monster you shouldnt put it as a deck master for example i was thinking of having galaxy wizard as my own but didnt because i need 3 in deck
Back to top Go down

Exraven

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 4:33 pm

Battlin boxer rib gardna
Atk:100
Def:1400

Original eff:During either player’s turn: You can banish this card from your hand or Graveyard, then target 1 “Battlin’ Boxer” monster you control; banish it until your next Standby Phase.

Desired Effect: during either players turn, You can banish one monster from your side of the field and another from your opponents. during your next standby phase, return both monsters to their respective fields. If one of the monsters banished was a battlin boxer, you can target one card on the field and destroy it.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 4:37 pm

That's true .-. Nevertheless, I'd probably just agree for it to be banished at the start of the duel. Everybody more than likely will then have a 41 card deck and at the start of the duel banish it from your deck. If it's in the hand by bad luck, I guess they'll be able to draw 1 card after banishing. That'd make the most sense to me, besides the other idea I had of just making a token whenever you want to summon it.
Back to top Go down

Exraven

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 4:41 pm

BOO! Tokens!
Back to top Go down

Sasukat

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 4:52 pm

Honestly, the deck master that terrifies me the most is DMG. How has no one commented on that? Though tbh I can't tell if it's once per turn or once per duel from the wording. If once per duel then it's fine, if once per turn it's once per turn pot of duality on steroids without the restrictions.

For my deck master I'd like:

Neo-Spacian Grand Mole

Original Effect: At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles an opponent's monster: You can return both monsters to the hand (without damage calculation).

Desired Effect: At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles an opponent's monster: You can return your opponent's battling monster to the deck and return this card to (wherever deck masters go). This deck master can be re summoned, but can only be summoned once per turn

(If can't have the can be used multiple times eff, i'm gonna pick a diff DM)
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 5:11 pm

Sasukat wrote:
Honestly, the deck master that terrifies me the most is DMG. How has no one commented on that? Though tbh I can't tell if it's once per turn or once per duel from the wording. If once per duel then it's fine, if once per turn it's once per turn pot of duality on steroids without the restrictions.

For my deck master I'd like:

Neo-Spacian Grand Mole

Original Effect: At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles an opponent's monster: You can return both monsters to the hand (without damage calculation).

Desired Effect: At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles an opponent's monster: You can return your opponent's battling monster to the deck and return this card to (wherever deck masters go). This deck master can be re summoned, but can only be summoned once per turn

(If can't have the can be used multiple times eff, i'm gonna pick a diff DM)
all deck masters effects are once per duel so even if u reasummon mole it wouldnt be able to bounce anything after it uses its eff the first time also the one deckmaster im surprised noone chooses is morphing jar
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: C.C.
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 8:20 pm

Fluff Fluff wrote:
I don't think it'll really make much of a difference if we have it in our decks or not. Our opponent should know our deck masters before we even face them.
That's not the point. If you draw into all your Ice Edge's, and that is your Deck Master, and your opponent activates Mind Crush, calls Ice Edge, then you lose. Because you have to discard them. Also, in the Anime, the Deck Master is not in the game, until the owner says so.

Last edited by Sylveraine on Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 8:25 pm

Sylveraine wrote:
Fluff Fluff wrote:
I don't think it'll really make much of a difference if we have it in our decks or not. Our opponent should know our deck masters before we even face them.

That's not the point. If you draw into all your Ice Edge's, and that is your Deck Master, and your opponent activates Mind Crush, calls Ice Edge, then you lose. Because you have to discard them. Also, in the Anime, the Deck Master is not in the game, until the owner says so.[/b][/color]
But deckmasters don't count as being in your hand. They are not in any part of the game until you summon them to the field. Besides I chose bubbleman thinking I would be allowed other copies. Hero's can't work without multiple bubbleman (I only run 2 different Hero's)
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 8:26 pm

i just want to ask about that thing; "you can only have 1 of your DM in the deck" just wanted to ask if we don't go for this rule :/
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 8:29 pm

Deck masters just shouldn't be in the deck, hand, or anything. They were a monster that was in it's own sort of limbo outside of the field and all other places until the owner summoned it to the field. I think if we're going to allow them to be in the deck, they should be taken out at the start of the duel and banished for some sort of representation. They shouldn't act as real cards we play in game because they're not.
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 8:30 pm

what about the 3 copies of 1 card problem?
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 8:33 pm

The 3 copies problem is why I suggested we should just not run the "deck master" copy of the card at all in the deck and just know our opponents deck master/state it at the start of the duel. If we wish to bring it to the field, we'll summon a token in it's place. Like since you're running General, run 3 copies if you wish but none of them count as the deck master. Just have the deck master in mind and if you wish to summon the deck master itself summon a token. That's what I think we should do anyway. I don't know how everybody else feels about it though.
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 8:35 pm

oh i see. i finally know what you meant. i'm up for this idea :O
Back to top Go down

Mr.Kandy

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 9:54 pm

- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 A
Att: 1200 Def: 1300
Original effect: Neither player can Special Summon monsters. When this card is flipped face-up: Destroy all Special Summoned monsters on the field.
Desired effect: Both players can only summon one monster during the main phase of their turn.
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 10:11 pm

Um ill try mine, (Also im not too crazy on this idea too. An automatic loss makes stuff unfun :(EX:Exodia, Victory Dragon, Final Countdown)

- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 Number6ChronomalyAtlandis-YS13-EN-C-1E
Original effect: 2 Level 6 monsters
When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can target 1 "Number" monster in your Graveyard; equip that target to this card. This card gains ATK equal to half the ATK of that equipped monster. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then send the monster equipped by this effect to the Graveyard; halve your opponent's Life Points. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect.

Desired effect: Once per duel, target 1 monster in a graveyard, equip it to this card. This card gains half the ATK of the equipped monster. Once per duel, you can send 1 equip card equipped to this to a graveyard by that effect to inflict damage to your opponent equal to the number of cards in their grave x300. This card cannot attack the turn you use this effect.

Last edited by Catbug on Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 10:59 pm

Mr.Kandy wrote:
- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 A
Att: 1200 Def: 1300
Original effect: Neither player can Special Summon monsters. When this card is flipped face-up: Destroy all Special Summoned monsters on the field.
Desired effect: Both players can only summon one monster during the main phase of their turn.
thats a continuous effect a deck master is supposed to be activated and should atmost effect only 1 turn of a duel
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 12:05 am

bad eff kandy. too broken
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 1:02 am

Yea Kandy that effect is a little much + it's only meant to be an effect that activates once per duel. Also change your deck. Pride said chain beat isn't allowed.

I have an interesting question that I thought of. Say my opponent has synchro'd their deck master together into Stardust Dragon. I'm wondering two things:

1. If they use Stardust Dragon's effect to negate the destruction of a card by sending Stardust to the grave, and it doesn't return until the end phase, does that qualify as bringing it back before the end of the turn, considering it's during the end phase?

2. They have Stardust and I synchro together some stuff to bring out Orient Dragon. Orient's effect, upon synchro summon, let's me banish one synchro monster. I use this, but they chain bottomless trap hole to my summon. Both in the end would be banished. What happens? Is it a draw because both got banished at resolution, or do I lose because Orient Dragon would be banished first in the chain?

Edit: you may want to put a rule that stops players from negating the summon of a deck master to the field. I just killed Rose in a test duel doing that ;-; (sorry Rose :s )
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 2:14 am

Fluff Fluff wrote:
Yea Kandy that effect is a little much + it's only meant to be an effect that activates once per duel. Also change your deck. Pride said chain beat isn't allowed.

I have an interesting question that I thought of. Say my opponent has synchro'd their deck master together into Stardust Dragon. I'm wondering two things:

1. If they use Stardust Dragon's effect to negate the destruction of a card by sending Stardust to the grave, and it doesn't return until the end phase, does that qualify as bringing it back before the end of the turn, considering it's during the end phase?

2. They have Stardust and I synchro together some stuff to bring out Orient Dragon. Orient's effect, upon synchro summon, let's me banish one synchro monster. I use this, but they chain bottomless trap hole to my summon. Both in the end would be banished. What happens? Is it a draw because both got banished at resolution, or do I lose because Orient Dragon would be banished first in the chain?

Edit: you may want to put a rule that stops players from negating the summon of a deck master to the field. I just killed Rose in a test duel doing that ;-; (sorry Rose :s )
1. a turn has not ended until all until all effects meant to resolve in it resolves stardust comes back in the end phase but before the end of the turn so it wouldnt be a game loss 2. I would like to say ut would be a draw but this is the hunger games there are no draws the one with the least lp at the end of the turn loses (this is my oppinion its prides rp he decides)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

- HG2 Deck Masters -

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next