Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

- Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups -

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
- Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups - - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0- Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups - - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
- Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups - - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups -   - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups - - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 6:10 am

First topic message reminder :

Remember how you used to play Yu-Gi-Oh?  You know, back with 2000 life points and you could summon whatever monster you wanted?  Neither do we, but that's what this RPG is all about!

Coming soon, this Role Playing Game, will feature as many participants as possible, using the manga and anime rules of Yu-Gi-Oh season 0/1.

What are these rules/guidelines?  Well here they are:

- All players begin a game with 2000 Lifepoints.
- You can only attack once per turn
- You don't have to tribute summon any monster, (unless stated so.)

We'll elaborate the rules as we get closer to the first day, but until then, let's get some more explanation.

To begin, we'll be doing it just like they did in the manga/anime.  Everyone comes on a boat to an island crowded with different environments.  They start with 2 star chips.  You need 10 star chips to make it to the final 4.  You get star ships by defeating others duelists in duels.  Areas provide different effects as the game progresses.  Exmaple:  You duel next to the ocean, and you'll get the same effect as the 'Umi' Field Spell:  Increase the ATK and DEF of all Fish, Sea Serpent, Thunder, and Aqua-Type monsters by 200 points. Decrease the ATK and DEF of all Machine and Pyro-Type monsters by 200 points.

Sounds simple, right?  ...Hopefully you said yes, if not, just PM me or post below, and I'll be happy to explain some more.

There's a little problem though, the format has changed a little since then, and a lot of new cards have come out.  Because of this, we're restricting the cards used for this, to all be of or before the set, "Dark Crisis".

For information regarding what a set has, and what cards you can use, Duel Monsters Genesis is fantastic for getting that information quickly.  Or if you prefer, here's a link to all of the sets:  http://www.yugiohcardguide.com/  Just scroll down to Everything before Dark Crisis, and you'll have everything you need.  If for some reason, people still don't know what cards they can select, I guess I can put together a list.

Legend of Blue Eyes:
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

Exraven

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
- Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups - - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100- Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups - - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups -   - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups - - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 9:53 pm

Well i got a counter to blue eyes. ALLIGATOR SWORD DRAGON!
Back to top Go down

Princessvilmisa

Leona

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
- Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups - - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100- Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups - - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups -   - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups - - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 11:48 pm

I join in Smile
Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
- Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups - - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0- Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups - - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
PostSubject: Re: - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups -   - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups - - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 1:58 am

Ventriloquist wrote:
Sign me up, lol still gotta start my Multi Verse Role Play too. Btw O_O DO NOT STEAL THAT ROLE PLAY (The multi verse I mean, there was a vote thread up about it, if you need details) As I've been working on rules and such for that RP and I'm finished... now just gotta stop being lazy and make the sign ups XD.

Anyway yea, duelist kingdom sign me up... are we calling decks cuz if soo....mines kinda obvious. XD Check my DN profile. "DuelOni" lol. Should tell you enough XD
 No, there's no calling decks.  XD  But trying to run a theme may be harder with these limited rules.  :/  I suppose something like a 'Toon' deck wouldn't be the best, but eh.
Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups -   - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups - - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 2:03 am

The original post unfortunately isn't allowing me to add any more since it's so long.  XD  Currently we have 18 competitors:

- Pride The Arrogant
- Aj16amc
- Valkoor Lightheart
- Droite
- Phoenixofpain
- Nottu
- C.C.
- Ryuk
- Reaper
- Kipomo
- Exraven
- Catbug
- JasonRy8
- Ventriloquist
- Misa
- Gallows
- Mr.Boone
- SetoKiaba

We really only need 5 more people.  I'd like to have these finished by Friday, so I can explain everything on the weekend, and then and then we can begin on Monday.

Last edited by Pride The Arrogant on Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:26 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups -   - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups - - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 3:48 pm

I'll be back on Monday, so I'm in on this one.
Back to top Go down

Mr.Boone

Leona

PostSubject: Re: - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups -   - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups - - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 4:24 pm

Can this be done on DN? :p I sadly don't have the correct cards for a good deck in real life. If it can sign me up :L
Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups -   - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups - - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 6:13 pm

Mr.Boone wrote:
Can this be done on DN? :p I sadly don't have the correct cards for a good deck in real life. If it can sign me up :L
 O.o  Yep, all the duels will be on DN.  XD  ...Or Dev/YgoPro...  Or DMG
Back to top Go down

Mr.Boone

Leona

PostSubject: Re: - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups -   - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups - - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 8:02 pm

Alright thanks for the notification count me in.
Back to top Go down

SetoKaiba

PostSubject: Re: - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups -   - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups - - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 8:48 pm

I will join in but I want to say on Duelist Kingdom players cant attack directly.
Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups -   - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups - - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 4:26 am

SetoKaiba wrote:
I will join in but I want to say on Duelist Kingdom players cant attack directly.
 I'm still deciding on that..  I think what we'll do is, if a player didn't set or summon a monster during their end-phase, then the opponent is permitted to attack directly.  
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups -   - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups - - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 6:03 am

You have no idea how freaking impossible it is to build anything decent with these restrictions on monsters.

10 with 1000 or less, 3 with 2000 or more, 5 with 1700 or less....5 effect monsters.

You're forcing everyone to run a bunch of crappy vanilla that do nothing for any deck.
Back to top Go down

Droite

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Sorento
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups -   - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups - - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 6:12 am

The restrictions you put, and how you put them mean that no monsters with 1800-1900 ATK,, and your forcing us to add cards
Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups -   - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups - - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 6:01 pm

Magi Magi Lady of Fortune wrote:
You have no idea how freaking impossible it is to build anything decent with these restrictions on monsters.

10 with 1000 or less, 3 with 2000 or more, 5 with 1700 or less....5 effect monsters.

You're forcing everyone to run a bunch of crappy vanilla that do nothing for any deck.

How many effect monsters did you see in duelist kingdom?  Did you see more effect or normal?  If you don't like it, quit, or if everybody thinks it should be changed a little, then make a post about it.  

And impossible, really?  I have plenty of decks already made!  Maybe it's just be, but ugh..
Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups -   - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups - - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 6:24 pm

I mean, if everyone has to use the same rules it doesn't really hurt that much lol. But effects would be nice, however im just a fan of effects in general. Better build a good back row guys ^.^ lol
Back to top Go down
http://Chatango.com - Ventriloquist

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups -   - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups - - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 8:32 pm

I think...  What I'll do is, you can only run 5 different effect monsters, but you can run multiple of the same one.  Like Droite was practicing with some Harpies, so she could have 3 harpie sisters, 3 kuriboh, 3 man-eater bug, 3 hane-hane, and 3 mask of darkness.  Not to say she is running those cards.  (She's not).

Does that seem fair?  But the 10 lower than 1000 would still apply and stuff.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups -   - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups - - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 9:00 pm

5 different Effects is a little better. I still don't like the setup on the ATK limits.
Back to top Go down

pureblade

Leona

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups -   - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups - - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 6:11 pm

I'm in,

Last edited by pureblade on Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups -   - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups - - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 6:12 pm

Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups -   - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups - - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 6:55 pm

Just as an announcement, today will be the final day of sign-ups for this event.

Currently we have 22 competitors with:

- Pride The Arrogant
- Aj16amc
- Valkoor Lightheart
- Droite
- Phoenixofpain
- Nottu
- C.C.
- Ryuk
- Reaper
- Kipomo
- Exraven
- Catbug
- JasonRy8
- Ventriloquist
- Misa
- Gallows
- Mr.Boone
- SetoKiaba

- Slayertakim
- pureblade
xHybridHeartsx
- Magi Magi Lady of Fortune
- White Rose Dragon

If interested in participating, please sign up!

Last edited by Pride The Arrogant on Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:38 pm; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down

Black Feathers

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups -   - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups - - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 6:56 pm

im interested just need to work on this deck
Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups -   - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups - - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 8:47 pm

Bump
Back to top Go down

Exraven

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups -   - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups - - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 9:13 pm

Hmmm pride, Want me to make you some Deck sleeves? 200 OD. Anyway did we start?
Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups -   - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups - - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 9:19 pm

We have not yet.  We'll begin on the weekend.
Back to top Go down

Droite

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Sorento
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups -   - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups - - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 9:31 pm

Yeah, I'm dropping out.  Ima be busy with anything else. Razz
Back to top Go down

xHybridHeartsx

Leona

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups -   - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups - - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 9:52 pm

im in
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups -   - Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups - - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

- Duelist Kingdom RPG Sign-ups -

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next