Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Staff Evaluations

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Staff Evaluations Left_bar_bleue0/0Staff Evaluations Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Staff Evaluations Empty
PostSubject: Staff Evaluations   Staff Evaluations EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 3:58 am

On August 13, all the staff at the academy received a message from Nottu.  In it he explained that he'd personally be going over staff members, and judging by their work, he'd be deciding how their future would be made.  He states that he'll be making his final decision on September 1st.

But now it's your turn, the members of Orichalcos Duel Academy.  We want to hear from you and want you to discuss how you think each and every staff member has done.  Below I'll post each member's name and regard what positions they currently hold.

Reaper - Admin/Founder

Nottu - Head Admin/Professor

C.C. - Admin/Professor/Tester

Blazer Slater - Moderator

LastHope - Head Admin's Assistant/Moderator

Pride The Arrogant - Moderator/Professor

JasonRy8 - Professor/Tester

White Rose Dragon - Tester/GFX

Let me make this very clear to EVERYONE whom posts.  This topic is a very important, yet fragile.  It's important that everyone remembers to not offend anyone personally.
Back to top Go down

MajinKev84

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Staff Evaluations Left_bar_bleue100/100Staff Evaluations Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Staff Evaluations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff Evaluations   Staff Evaluations EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 4:06 am

Is this a staff list or a missing persons list?  ...as much time as i spend on here... i almost never see any of these people....  pride and rose are here pretty often and i see Jason and cc on occasion.... and the 4 of them seem ok nothing really to complain about.... as for the rest i can't really state and opinion on people i haven't seen in weeks or longer... life might get in the way but that's when you need to step aside and let someone else do what you no longer can ...
Back to top Go down

Potato

Lucian

Staff Evaluations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff Evaluations   Staff Evaluations EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 4:08 am

Reaper - Admin/Founder
I forgot what he did.
Was good when he was here.
Bad first impression, he's stepping up tho Very Happy
Didn't like her as a mod. She doesn't do anything nowadays so i can't rly complain...
I thought he was long gone?
Best one atm, posts, maintains chatbox, overall keeping up with his duties.
Awesome, actually shows up and does stuff.

Overall staff system needs a lot of work.

Last edited by L on Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Black Feathers

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Staff Evaluations Left_bar_bleue100/100Staff Evaluations Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Staff Evaluations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff Evaluations   Staff Evaluations EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 4:50 am

reaper: founder just needs to be more active for chirist sakes
nottu:idk what to say really
c2:isnt active enough to still have a admin spot
blazer-slater:as much as I love blazer she isn't mod material
lasthope:isnt even active idk she was still a mod
pride the arrogant:cant complain doing a good job
jasonry8: for being like the only tester he is doing the best he can so I cant complain at all
Back to top Go down

Rose la Kill

Zed

Staff Evaluations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff Evaluations   Staff Evaluations EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 5:07 am

Oh, this is easy
INACTIVE
INACTIVE
INACTIVE
INACTIVE
INACTIVE
ACTIVE
ACTIVE
ACTIVE

What else can I say? Sure the "Notify of your absences to keep your power" is understandable. . to some extent. But it's seriously stupid when 5 staff members with the MOST important rolls are all inactive and get to keep their spots. There are 0 active admins, yet constant admin work needed, and only 1 active moderator who is busy irl.

Good job staff. Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down

Valkoor Lightheart

Leona

Location : Sitting in my room on my bed, thinking of a truly limitless world, filled with endless skies and adventure around every corner.

Character Sheet
Name: Edmund
HP:
Staff Evaluations Left_bar_bleue900/100Staff Evaluations Empty_bar_bleue  (900/100)

Staff Evaluations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff Evaluations   Staff Evaluations EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 5:13 am

Reaper: Things have just been fine with him around, but I haven't seen him lately.
Nottu: Things have been a bit more active than previous Heads, I think he's been great.
CC: Just can't think of anything for CC. Good or bad. Sort of active? : P
Blazer: Haven't seen much of her lately. I don't think there's been a problem where we need a mod as long as she has been on.
LastHope: Like above, haven't seen much.
Pride: Pretty active Mod. Not a bad thing bout him, keeping things in check.
Jason: Active as well. I Haven't paid any attention to what he does though.
Rose: Active as well. Can't recall any moments when he tested.

My brain isn't the best. It stores some stuff, and throws others out one of my ears, so forgive any forgetfulness.
I'd say it needs a little bit of work.
Back to top Go down

rakhalix

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Rakha
HP:

Staff Evaluations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff Evaluations   Staff Evaluations EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 7:06 am

Reaper - Admin/Founder: Dont really know much but yeah i think he's Active,

Nottu - Head Admin/Professor: Dont really know much too but i think he's a pretty good admin.

C.C. - Admin/Professor/Tester: Active.

Blazer Slater - Moderator: Dont know anything.

LastHope - Head Admin's Assistant/Moderator: Inactive.

Pride The Arrogant - Moderator/Professor: Best Atm!(My Fav Staff)

JasonRy8 - Professor/Tester: Active, and nice.

White Rose Dragon - Tester/GFX: Active.
Back to top Go down

Crystal Master

Leona

Staff Evaluations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff Evaluations   Staff Evaluations EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 11:08 am

Reaper - Admin/Founder - Haven't seen him awhile, but I don't think he's bad or anything.

Nottu - Head Admin/Professor - I *really* don't like how he took control of the entire Academy and now dictates everything. Plus he's kinda inactive.

C.C. - Admin/Professor/Tester - Haven't really met him, so not much to say.

Blazer Slater - Moderator - Brought in by Nottu to power, so uhm, yeah.

LastHope - Head Admin's Assistant/Moderator - Who is that guy?

Pride The Arrogant - Moderator/Professor - Really nice, and active Smile

JasonRy8 - Professor/Tester - I don't speak to him much, but seems like he's active and willing to help Smile

White Rose Dragon - Tester/ - Only talked to her? (I think, sorry if I'm mistaken Razz) a long time ago, but I liked what he/she/it said in this topic.
Back to top Go down

The Doctor

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Jimmy Wheeler
HP:

Staff Evaluations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff Evaluations   Staff Evaluations EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 11:23 am

Pride The Arrogant wrote:

Reaper - Admin/Founder- I haven't meet him.

Nottu - Head Admin/Professor. He comes now and then. He is OK.

C.C. - Admin/Professor/Tester. He is very active. Does all his jobs well. Never saw him test though. 

Blazer Slater - Moderator. Not active enough. Maybe she and Nottu just have problems. 

LastHope - Head Admin's Assistant/Moderator. Never seen him/her.

Pride The Arrogant - Moderator/Professor. He is very good. ( but we have diff timezones so it's weird for us. I can't duel him and i want to.)

JasonRy8 - Professor/Tester. He is active. I have no reason to talk bad about him.

White Rose Dragon - Tester/GFX. He is an AMAZING GFX artist. But stay away from testing please.

Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: C.C.
HP:

Staff Evaluations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff Evaluations   Staff Evaluations EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 11:36 am

Reaper - Admin/Founder

The man's never online anymore, and it's a shame, seen he's the actual Founder of this place. 

Nottu - Head Admin/Professor. 

Does what he can with the time given, seen irl issues, doesn't have that, and now transferred those responsibilities onto me.

C.C. - Admin/Professor/Tester.  

Haven't tested yet, since none request me to. Have been active the past few weeks, quite well, and I've been here to do what I have to, as well as to be present for issues. [Honestly I have been inactive in the past, yes, but I've been active at least the past 2 weeks]

Blazer Slater - Moderator. 

Doesn't do that much, either when given time, yes or no. Does try to keep the chat clean from arguing and all.

LastHope - Head Admin's Assistant/Moderator. 

Haven't seen her in ages, prolly fell inactive like Reaper did. Kinda of a shame, really.

Pride The Arrogant - Moderator/Professor. 

Does what he has to pretty well. Going good with his work, and is pretty active.

JasonRy8 - Professor/Tester. 

Don't see him often, but is an active tester, and does his work properly as Professor. [Probably Time Zones why I don't see him that much]

White Rose Dragon - Tester/GFX. 

Same thing. Looks good from Gfx's side, but testing, could be better. Also haven't seen him for a while, again, probably the Time Zones.
Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Staff Evaluations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff Evaluations   Staff Evaluations EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 12:18 pm

Ok, as much as I'd love to stay on everyone's good side. I'm going to do this evaluation a bit in depth.

Reaper - Admin/Founder
Reaper - Inactive. Yes, it's been said but I've seen him on other academies as well. What does this tel me? Well let's be honest. It tells me that he does not deserve his spot. The reason being that his only desire to have such a title is not to make a home. It is not to create a school for duelists. It is so that he will feel good about himself for having power. That is not a proper authority figure. Reaper, now if you read this I have nothing against you personally. MOST people in the world are like this. I think you are a great guy, and a great friend. But I do not think you are mature enough to be in such a leadership role. We need ALOT more people who can help get this place back up and running. That doesn't mean a bunch of rules that no one is going to in force. That means someone who is going to actually care enough, to have the Title of "Head Person In Charge," But be here on a weekly basis, talk to people in the chat, and show people our leader is here with us. That's all. Love you Reaper.

Nottu - LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING MISTER! First of all, I love you. Second of all, I think you hear that way to often. Let me start by saying you do a great job, and I do not see any reason you should lose your spot. HOWEVER, now it's time for the evaluation. And my describing to you what you could do better. First of all, I believe you make decision based far to much on your bias towards people. This statement has nothing to do with any one specific decision you have made, but rather all your choices throughout. Be they good or bad. As a leader you CANNOT do this. It will start inner academy rivalries and people getting jealous. Now, please keep in mind these are JUST my thoughts. I am not God, and I am not 100% correct, just take what I say with a grain of salt. Now, for future reference I think you have a lot on your plate, I was engaged, I can only IMAGINE what married life is like. Not to say its bad, just it's a lot to go through at this young of an age. (Mid twenties/Early Twenties.) I'm sure the last thing you should be worried about is an internet forum, and that said you have done a GREAT JOB! You are friendly, and you are here for us (Until your recent set back, which is perfectly understandable.) However, when you come back, please do take note that you NEED to think your decisions over more carefully. A perfect example of what I'm talking about is NOT making MORE staff just because a member is new. And NOT letting old staff go when they are inactive. I "Personally" believe this is because you have a need to want to get to know someone before trusting them, and once you do trust them you don't want to hurt their feelings. You need to KEEP that mind set for friendships, and life. But for a forum, put people in charge that will do the job, and remove those that do not. I love you. Great job, and I look forward to seeing you grow even more as a man. Good stuff keep it up. (Hope that didn't sound TOO terrible. I just wanted to try and give you a bit of critic, cuz I know everyone here kisses your ass. XD)

C.C. Ok, well. I don't know to much about this mysterious person. Lol. But here what I do know. I left for about 3 months a while back, and when I returned, this person had completely changed my home sweet home of ODA! At first, I was skeptical. But after a bit of consideration, I adapted to the change and I think it's better. However, at time she seems a bit like Nottu to me. You seem like its hard for you to make some decisions, and far to easy to make others. Put your feelings aside, and just THINK> This does not mean act rashly, it just means think about a decision, and then make it. Over all, good job, I'd Like to see some more activity from you though. Again, Similar to Reaper, I have not noticed you doing much UNTIL recently with Nottu gone whom apparently blessed you with some sort of power. Personally, I have NO power and I believe I do what I can as a member to help this forum, mostly writing just to keep things interesting. But please, put your heart into this, and don't get attached to your position. If at any time life becomes to much and you need a break. Simply take it. Just something I worry about from everyone. But I digress. You've done a good job, keep it up.

Blazer - I love you. To Death. But unless you start DOING something then everyone is just going to think your a mod because your the Admins wife. Which is NOT fair. If you do not know how to manage forums, please let someone else do it. Your friendly, creative, and smart and talented. Your a great member, but you need to come to a decision as to whether or not you make a good Mod. If not, step down, if you think you can do it. Please by all means carry on. Rating = Good potential, Needs to show it.

Um.... Who? You mean that one guy that I've seen like... TWICE! In my entire life. And I've been a member of this forum since Decemeber 2012? I am terribly sorry but the position if far to high for someone who is never here. He obviously has other priorities and he no longer needs this spot. Not that he did not deserve it at some time or another. But I believe it's time for a change of representatives. Nothing personal.

Current. Active. A bit young (So I assume) but learning to do his job well. So long as he maintains activity, and posts his lessons, and keeps the forums clean I would very much so vote for him to maintain his position.

Also active. I do not know about his testing, but I do know we need more testers to help him out that's for sure. Should maintain his position so long as his activity and testing is monitored, and not just vouched for by word of his own mouth. Nothing to complain about here.

White Rose Dragon - Tester/GFX

... Rose. I love you. You know that. But what do you do? Often times I hear you complaining about what someone did to you in another academy, or on another team, or in the past. Or what you would like to be doing. Please, if you have an authority here, make it count. I too am a GFX, but I actually did not ask to be, I was just given an old position back. I have since stepped down, but I would GLADLY help with GFX if asked. Anyway, please find your priorities. Do not let the position go to your head, and start slacking off. Show so heart for ODA. Your activity is GREAT, and you DO do tests and GFX. But please, try and make this even MORE your home than it already is, and put more heart into it. Because I KNOW for a FACT you can do better. Keep position, but should be urged to do more.
Back to top Go down
http://Chatango.com - Ventriloquist

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Staff Evaluations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff Evaluations   Staff Evaluations EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 3:29 pm

Note: Keep in mind that everything I will write here, is not meant to be offensive or insulting. If I write that someone is inactive/doesn't do his job/etc. that is my honest opinion and I am not trying to bash them for personal reasons. 

Reaper - Admin/Founder
I don't think there is something to be said that wasn't said already. He is terribly inactive and I do have the feeling that he does not care about this place, the game or the people here. However, I appreciate the fact that he does recognize that problem and therefore gives other people the possibility to keep the academy alive. 

Nottu has turned into a problem, I fear. When he came here, he was a friendly guy and tried to help out everyone to the best of his possibilities. He tried to bring in ideas to keep people active, so he was elected mod by Evilpath after beeing recommended by several staff members at that time, including me. 
He did a fairly good job as mod and tried to help out more in becoming a tester, which was something we had issues with at the time. Jump forward: 
Nottu is head admin, and by god, he is a bad one. As mentioned by other people I feel that a major part of his descisions are very biased and personal. The other descions are solely based on whatever he feels is the best for the academy, without taking into consideration the opinion of members or other staff, which is a major flaw. And Admin alone makes no academy. This problem has been growing bigger and bigger and I cannot really compare the "current" Nottu to the Nottu from his Mod days or even from the Nottu in his early Admin days, where he fixed the dorm and lesson system to be an activity motivator. Those were very nice ideas, of which he lacks nowdays. Also, he does not take criticism all too well, even if it is constructive and giving solutions for what people see as problems.  
On a less important note: I do not think he has the knowledge and skill to be a professor, in fact, very few people here have it.

C.C. is the rock of reason in the stormy sea of biased/personal descsions Admins make. He may hate every single one of you, but he will still treat you as fair as possible. With his activity going up, too, I see no reason to doubt his position. Well, except for the fact that he came from nowehere and got admin instantly, but in the end, it was the right choice and his experience is showing. Good job, as far as I can tell. 

The embodyment of Nottu's bias. I know, it is hard not to treat someone better when you love that person, but that does not change the fact that Blazer is a terrible mod. As Vent said, at the moment you are considered to be mod simply because you are the head admin's wife and nothing else. Hell, I have witnessed several times how you simply vanish from the chatbox when there is an argument going on instead of stepping in and doing your job. You don't moderate the forums either, so there is really nothing to justify you keeping the position you are in. I think you can do better though. I know you as a creative person, and as such, I think you can contribute a lot of things to the academy. If you have to be a mod for that, well, I don't know.

LastHope - Head Admin's Assistant
Embodyment of Nottu's bias No.2. Does nothing, never did anything, is gone anyways. 

I would be lying if I said I didn't think of Pride as another of Nottu's "friends". Maybe he was, maybe he was not, fact is that he is the best damn moderator we had for a while and he has beeing doing all he can to keep the academy active and alive. Also I think he stopped permanently quoting Pride from FMA, which is good. That was annoying as hell. Thumbs up. 
However, I am not so fond of his work as professor. The last few lessons were terrible (The Vetrix Family...) BUT he did admit that and he is willing to listen to criticism and try to do better. Keep him.

I would have seriously liked to see him as tester when testers were beeing buried in a flood of test requests and we still had the 2 match system. He does his job, no excuses. He could take more time for his results and go more into detail, but he does it better than many others so there is no reason to complain. What I think he could do better, is trying to further improve our testing rubric etc. He is a bit passive in that respect. 

White Rose Dragoon (not Dragon) - Tester/GFX
He isn't the ideal tester and he makes no effort to become better. I think he simply does not take enouh pride on what he does. His tests suffer from this, just as his GFX does. Which is a shame, really, because when he really has the motivation to do something and he puts effort into it, the results ends up beeing damn freaking good, be it a test or a banner. You could do so many awesome things, but instead, you let all of it go to waste. At the moment, you aren't very good at any of the things you do, and I do certainly hope that you get back to your old glory soon.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
Staff Evaluations Left_bar_bleue84/84Staff Evaluations Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

Staff Evaluations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff Evaluations   Staff Evaluations EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 7:46 pm

It is interesting to really see how everyone feels about the members of staff. I appreciate everyone being honest about it and I would like to take this moment to promise to be better. I love this site and want to see us be even better.

Will be easier next week or so when we get internet again. Several things will be fixed or changed, hopefully all for the better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Staff Evaluations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff Evaluations   Staff Evaluations Empty

Back to top Go down

Staff Evaluations

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1