Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crystal Beast Article/ Guide

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Taisakuno Shouri

Zed

Crystal Beast Article/ Guide Empty
PostSubject: Crystal Beast Article/ Guide   Crystal Beast Article/ Guide EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 4:57 pm

Crystal Beast Article/ Guide Yugioh_mat___crystal_beast_by_sybilus-d38tbts

What are Crystal Beasts?
Crystal Beasts are monsters that utilize the effects of themselves to set up the Spell & Trap Zone. They are treated as Continous Spell Cards, which allows the full use of the effects of "Ancient City- Rainbow Ruins".

Why should I run Crystal Beast?

Crystal Beast is an underrated archetype that very few learn how to pilot well. With each format proceeded it grows as well with the current meta. For example with XYZ available Crystal Beast have more options besides beatdown with the CBs available and Rainbow Dragon. If you run the deck correctly, and get the 5 CBs in the s/t zone in 3 turns or less, the control with CBs as well as the plays, can be immense.

Key Cards in a "Crystal Beast" Deck:

Rainbow City- Ancient Ruins

Crystal Beast Sapphire Pegasus

Crystal Beast Ruby Carbuncle

Rainbow Dragon

Support Cards

Crystal Beast Topaz Tiger

Crystal Beast Emerald Tortoise

Crystal Beast Cobalt Eagle

Crystal Beast Amethyst Cat

Crystal Beast Amber Mammoth

Crystal Beacon

Crystal Blessing

Crystal Tree

Key Card I: Rainbow City- Ancient Ruins

Crystal Beast Article/ Guide AncientCityRainbowRuins-BATT-EN-SFR-UE
Card Text:
Spoiler:

This field spell is the source of your main field control throughout the game. Once you have 5 CB in your Spell and Trap card zone, you can use the full effects of spell. It includes drawing 1 card once per turn, giving you an additional +1 added after your draw phase. The ability to negate spell and traps cards (Speed 2 and lower), decrease battle damage by half, and it also has the ability to stay on the field without being destroyed by card effects (Exception to basic rule of fields being activated in place of Ruins). This field spells also goes in addition with cards like Scrap Dragon. The card that gives CBs their outstanding power.

Key Card II : Crystal Beast Sapphire Pegasus

Crystal Beast Article/ Guide CrystalBeastSapphirePegasus-RYMP-EN-C-1E
Card Text:
Spoiler:

The main Crystal Beast card that starts off most of your moves. It give Rainbow Ruins it's 1st effect allowing it not to be destroyed by card effects. Also if your opponent destroys if after using its effect to send a Crystal Beast to Spell and Trap card zone, thats an automatic 2 cards in the s/t zone. This gives the ruins the effect to give you half battle damage for one battle, once per turn. If this card is in your s/t when you used the effect to special summon 1 CB from your s/t zone, you can use pegasus to add another CB to the S/T zone, allowing summoning and re-filling of CBs during the duel. Also alone it is the CB with the highest Attack.

Key Card III: Crystal Beast Ruby Carbuncle

Crystal Beast Article/ Guide Ruby

Card Text:
Spoiler:

The 1st target you want for the effect of Crystal Beast Sapphire Pegasus. Once you have 5 cbs in your s/t zone, you will be able to use the (5 cbs in s/t zone) effect of ruins. Special Summon ruby, to special summon the rest of the CBs. Concluding this you can go into rank 3 or 4 XYZ, and refill the S/T zone back with CB.

Key Card IV: Rainbow Dragon

Crystal Beast Article/ Guide RainbowDragon-RYMP-EN-C-1E

Card Text:
Spoiler:

In the anime, the main purpose of Crystal Beast was to get out this monster...Rainbow Dragon. With a strong effect that eliminates the Field by shuffling all cards back into the deck, or Increasing the attack of Raindow Dragon to become a overwhelming attacking beater. It gives an alternate view towards CB.

Support Cards: (Most of which are mainly targets for the full use of ruins).

Crystal Beast Topaz Tiger:
Spoiler:

A target for s/t zone for CB. This monster can attack for +400 ATK which gets over 1900 beaters such as TKR (Thunder King Rai-Oh).

Crystal Beast Emerald Tortoise: Once per turn:
Spoiler:

A target for s/t zone for CB. Good for defending against 1900 beater monsters.

Crystal Beast Cobalt Eagle :
Spoiler:

Crystal Beast Amethyst Cat:
Spoiler:

This card allows you attack directly. For those games that you can't knock in that finishing blow.

Crystal Beast Amber Mammoth:
Spoiler:

Crystal Beacon:
Spoiler:

Allows you to special summon another CB from your deck, preferably another Pegasus for your 3rd CB in your s/t zone.

Crystal Blessing:
Spoiler:

With more options with XYZ, and more plays, this card has become a better supporting card in the family of CB.

Crystal Tree:
Spoiler:

A card that helps setting up CB faster in the s/t zone. Although it may seem like a dead card at times, it can really change the tide of the game, along with Ruins.

How do you run CBS? (A little explanation + 2 Replays: 1 Random and 1 Random against Tier 1).

http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/6emRMs5WqKCaiBUWt9EVtg (As you can see during the meta 1 after he ends his turn, if you check my next draw, it ended up being Crystal Abundance. A win for me xD. P.S. I think my opponent may have raged, I waited for like a whole minute.)

There are a few ways to run CBS. You can try mainly going for a Rainbow Dragon Variant, Crystal Abundance variant, or Ruins Control (Best way I could describe the different ways people try running it). I like Ruins the most, because it maintains presence, rather than setting up and otk and dead drawing with Abundance every few games. Yes I do main 1 Abundance in the deck as well as 1 Rainbow Dragon.They are both good techs, and usually when I draw it (1/40), I can use it, or save it for game. Instead of me telling you how to exactly use CBS, I provided you with YGOPRO replays that you can watch. It allows players more freedom on how they interpret the deckstyle, and turn it into their own. (Thank you replays xD).
Deck Strengths:

Abundance of powerful spell support
Massive Summon Waves through Carbuncle
Deck Weaknesses:

Speed
Draw Power
Summon build (It has to build it for a couple of turns. OTKs can easily dominate this deck.)

Deck List:

Monsters (17):
x2 Malefic Cyber End Dragon- Beaters are needed with this deck, and Cyber End gets over a lot of monsters CBs normally can't get over.
x1 Crystal Beast Ruby Carbuncle- Main way to SS into 2-3 Rank 3 or 4 XYZ plays with Ruins.
x1 Rainbow Dragon or +1 Crystal Beast Carbuncle ( I run 1 Carbuncle and 1 Rainbow Dragon. Still decisive over 1 RD over Carbuncle)- Good 1 card tech as a small key card for CB. +1 Carbuncle for issues against Carbuncle getting removed and you can't search it out.
x2 Dragon Queen of Tragic Endings- People say Hamond is better. No it really isn't. Dragon Queen can be special summon from the grave by a mere -1 CB setup. You can use it for the rank 6 XYZ plays as well. Another Reason why this is better than Hamond is because Hamond can be run over by BTH, Solemn Brigade, TKR. In other words, why waste a -3 CB you can use for a 4k beater (which Cyber End can do as well) when it can easily be taken out?
x3 Crystal Beast Sapphire Pegasus- Key card for seraching CBs for the s/t zone.
x1 Crystal Beast Amber Mammoth- Can switch targets of attack for CB.
x1 Crystal Beast Topaz- Can get over TKR, and 1900 beaters such as Koaki Meiru Drago.
x1 Vylon Prism- The best lv4 tuner suitable for this deck. Allows you to synch 8 into Scrap or Stardust +1000 attack during the DMG for battle involving monsters for a mere pay of 500 LP. Only run 1 tuner for concistancy. Little reliance on synchroing instead of the opportuninty for CB setup.
x1 Crystal Beast Cobalt Eagle- Target for CB.
x2 Summoner Monk- Gives use to dead Spell Cards in hand. You can synch lv 8 Stardust or Scrap, Special Summon Pegasus for a CB search and go into a rank 4 XYZ if necessary. Very good monster for the Prism and Pegasus target.
x1 Crystal Beast Amethyst Cat- Target for CB. Possible end game with this, and can attack directtly. However unlikely to happen.

Spells (20):
x2 Crystal Blessing- Very good card in games where u can refill not 1, but 2 CB in the s/t zone.
x1 Dark Hole
x2 Rare Value- Draw Power. This card is not @3 for concistancy issues, and means of taking out your CB for draw power.
x1 Crystal Abundance- Good 1 card tech for OTKs, eliminating the field. Replacement for BRD nukes, except cards like Starlight Road or Huge Revolution cannot get by it.
x3 Terraforming- 3 terraforming for 3 Ruin searches seems bad, but Having Ruins in hand is a priority. Also you can the chances of you ditching unused Terras are high.
x3 Crystal Beacon- Fills in the speed of CBs. If you see the replays you'll see how this card makes the deck so much faster.
x2 Pot of Duality
x2 Mystical Space Typhoon
x1 Crystal Tree- Debatable @ 2, but allows searching for CBS easier. Once you have all your CB out the deck, it becomes useless so 1 is the best option.
x3 Ancient City- Rainbow Ruins- Main Key Card.

Traps (3):
x1 Solemn Judgment
x2 Solemn Warning

Extra (15):

x2 Cyber End Dragon
x1 Mist Wurm
x1 Scrap Dragon- Combos really well with Ruins.
x1 Stardust Dragon- Gets by heavy storms, s/t hate.
x1 Black Rose Dragon
x1 Constellar Ptolemys Messier 7: Get rids of stall, recycle some of your boss monsters.
x1 Photon Strike Bounzer
x2 Number 39: Utopia
x1 Lightning Plover
x1 Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
x1 Number 17: Leviathan Dragon
x1 Temtempo The Percussion Djinn
x1 Wind-Up Zenmaines- Key to getting rid of cards when you don't draw 4k beaters and such.

Side (15):

x2 Maxx "C"
x2 Effect Veiler
x1 Number 25: Force Focus- Counter side for Photon Strike Bounzer.
x1 Nobleman of Crossout
x3 Horn of the Phantom Beast- Sides these in when you can't really do much, but beatdown the opponent when necessary.
x3 Royal Decree- Counter Side for the "Solemn Brigade". Use when faced against really Trap Heavy Decks (Worms, Chain Burn, Stall, etc.)
x1 Light-Imprisoning Mirror
x2 Soul Drain.

EXTRA KEY:
( ) = How many you should run in the deck
x = The Number of Cards in the deck.

Final Notes: The Side could be worked on a bit more. Rainbow Dragon vs Carbuncle is debatable. I hope you enjoyed my guide, and I shall make more another time Very Happy.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
Crystal Beast Article/ Guide Left_bar_bleue84/84Crystal Beast Article/ Guide Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Beast Article/ Guide   Crystal Beast Article/ Guide EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 5:05 pm

This is an excellent article. I know Blazer will want to look this over, though she'll refuse to use the Xyz for her Crystals
Back to top Go down

Blazer Slater

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Crystal Beast Article/ Guide Left_bar_bleue100/100Crystal Beast Article/ Guide Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: Crystal Beast Article/ Guide   Crystal Beast Article/ Guide EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 7:27 pm

The article was great, I do need to get the field card to complete mine. But I will have to say, I'm a classic player and absolutely refuse to use the Xyz's.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
Crystal Beast Article/ Guide Left_bar_bleue84/84Crystal Beast Article/ Guide Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Beast Article/ Guide   Crystal Beast Article/ Guide EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 6:25 pm

Still, I think there's a lot of useful information here regarding Crystal Beasts and their play style.
Back to top Go down

Crystal Master

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Beast Article/ Guide   Crystal Beast Article/ Guide EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 6:06 pm

Did you just take my profile picture? >.> And I see we have quite a few CB users here.
Back to top Go down

Logan Anderson~

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Beast Article/ Guide   Crystal Beast Article/ Guide EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 6:49 pm

I came in here thinking this was gonna be one of those people that think they know what there talking about when they really don't and I can say you weren't that person. I am just about a CB Professional and you broke it down really well. I don't agree with your sample deck though, but really is the player's option but nonetheless it's a nice build I just don't completely agree with it.

1. Sapphire Pegasus
Instead of just searching out Ruby Carbuncle with it you can also search out another Sapphire Pegasus to turbo your chances of getting it by using it with crystal promise and monster reborn. Also it is the Highest Original Attack monster which can make a great OTK for Crystal Abundance.(Combo'd of this many times)

2. Emerald Tortoise
You can also make a nice combo of hitting your opponent for damage without you taking damage at all you can equip Crystal Release to Amethyst Cat and give your opponent a instant -1000 then use Emerald Tortoise ability to switch it to defence(if nescessary) and if that's not a option try to attack directly with Emerald Tortoise then use his effect to switch him back to defence. Small things like this can make great combo's.

3. Cobalt Eagle
Cobalt Eagle is such a good WAY to get out Rainbow Dragon faster you may use the effect of Cobalt Eagle on any Crystal Beast. Spell Or Monster. Use it to return Sapphire Pegasus and keep repeating this Smile. (Cobalt Eagle may be destroyed in the process but you sure can get a +1 in your s/t zone once you get it out)

4. Amber Mammoth
Not much to say about this card, but is definitely good. ALOT of people forgot it's effect and end up suiciding into it and that may cost them the game. (just because people think that they don't have the chance to win so they play less inappropriately sometimes.)

~ Rainbow Dragon
Back to top Go down

Taisakuno Shouri

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Beast Article/ Guide   Crystal Beast Article/ Guide EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 7:51 pm

Logan Anderson~ wrote:
I came in here thinking this was gonna be one of those people that think they know what there talking about when they really don't and I can say you weren't that person. I am just about a CB Professional and you broke it down really well. I don't agree with your sample deck though, but really is the player's option but nonetheless it's a nice build I just don't completely agree with it.

1. Sapphire Pegasus
Instead of just searching out Ruby Carbuncle with it you can also search out another Sapphire Pegasus to turbo your chances of getting it by using it with crystal promise and monster reborn. Also it is the Highest Original Attack monster which can make a great OTK for Crystal Abundance.(Combo'd of this many times)

2. Emerald Tortoise
You can also make a nice combo of hitting your opponent for damage without you taking damage at all you can equip Crystal Release to Amethyst Cat and give your opponent a instant -1000 then use Emerald Tortoise ability to switch it to defence(if nescessary) and if that's not a option try to attack directly with Emerald Tortoise then use his effect to switch him back to defence. Small things like this can make great combo's.

3. Cobalt Eagle
Cobalt Eagle is such a good WAY to get out Rainbow Dragon faster you may use the effect of Cobalt Eagle on any Crystal Beast. Spell Or Monster. Use it to return Sapphire Pegasus and keep repeating this Smile. (Cobalt Eagle may be destroyed in the process but you sure can get a +1 in your s/t zone once you get it out)

4. Amber Mammoth
Not much to say about this card, but is definitely good. ALOT of people forgot it's effect and end up suiciding into it and that may cost them the game. (just because people think that they don't have the chance to win so they play less inappropriately sometimes.)

Haha. Thanks I appreciate your input. +1

~ Rainbow Dragon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Beast Article/ Guide   Crystal Beast Article/ Guide Empty

Back to top Go down

Crystal Beast Article/ Guide

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1