Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Custom Ruleset: Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Master

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
Custom Ruleset: Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Master - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue84/84Custom Ruleset: Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Master - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

Custom Ruleset: Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Master - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Custom Ruleset: Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Master   Custom Ruleset: Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Master - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 4:28 am

First topic message reminder :

Hello everyone. Needed to get something new into the gaming section, so why not something fun and different? A little while back, during a DN game with Kyouou he mentioned he was using his Yugioh Highlander deck. I knew he meant something similar to Magic: The Gathering's Commander format. So with the help of my good friend Netoow, I've come up with a rule set for a YuGiOh version of Commander: Deck Master.

Here's the basics:

Each player plays with a deck of 60 cards with no multiples. That's right, single copies of any card used in the deck. Each duelist chooses 1 monster from the deck to act as the deck master. The deck master must be a Level 5 or higher monster that can be summoned through tributing (Whether it is Tribute Summoning or Tributing to Special Summon). The deck master cannot be a monster who requires another card to summon (I.e. Rituals and Fusions) nor can it be a Synchro or Xyz monster as these monsters do not require Tributes.
Examples of Deck Master choices: Blue-Eyes White Dragon, Destiny HERO - Plasma, Sorcerer of Dark Magic
Examples of monster that CANNOT be used: Chaos Sorcerer, Assault Mode monsters, Uria Lord of Searing Flames.

A Deck Master is not kept within the actual deck. It resides in a special zone called the Deck Master Zone. This zone is a safe haven for the Deck Master until it is brought onto the field. It can be summoned at any time you can meet their summoning requirements. For example, if you're deck master is Blue-Eyes White Dragon, you can summon it any time you control the two monsters necessary for the Tribute Summon. Summoning a deck master is treated as a Special Summon, even if the monster is only tributed as if being Normal Summoned.

Deck masters still count as monster cards and therefore are just as vulnerable as the rest. If a Deck Master is ever sent to the graveyard or banished, it returns to the Deck Master's special zone outside the duel field but fear not because a Deck Master can be summoned again from the Deck master Zone again even after returning. However, if the Deck Master was returned to its zone, then the next time it is summoned, it must meet its normal requirements and you must pay 1000 Life Points per time it has returned. (i.e. if a Deck Master was returned twice, then the next summoning of it requires an additional 2000 Life Points on top of its normal stipulations).

Now normally a Deck Master cannot be summoned through Card Effects, (Such as Dark Magician as a Deck Master cannot be brought out via Dark Magic Curtain), but there are a few ways to do so. One example is Mausoleum of the Emperor. Example: Say Blue-Eyes White Dragon is your deck master and Mausoleum is active. You can pay the 2000 Life Points to Deck Master Summon the Blue-Eyes during your main phase as normal. However you would also need to pay any additional Life Points if the deck master is returning to the field for a second or above time.

NEW
The monster used in the deck have to follow a very particular guideline. That guideline is your Deck Master. Whatever you choose to be the Deck Master will determine what Monster you CAN use. All the monster cards used in the deck must be either:
The Same TYPE as the Deck Master
The Same ATTRIBUTE as the Deck Master or
From the Same ARCHETYPE as the Deck Master.

So let's say for example you choose Red-Eyes B. Dragon as the Deck Master. This will limit your monster to be DARK, Dragon-types, or from the "Red-Eyes" series. This is to avoid people making mixed decks with no common theme and make it more of a challenge. I promise this rule is not hard to follow.

For now, Deck Master will follow the Advanced Format, but I am going to be working on a Special Deck Master Ban List solely for this format as it is only fitting.

Tell me what you guys think so far and feel free to ask any questions regarding this format. Happy Dueling!
-Nottu

Last edited by Nottu on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

Project Lead Scientist

Founder

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Custom Ruleset: Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Master - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue100/100Custom Ruleset: Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Master - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: Custom Ruleset: Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Master   Custom Ruleset: Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Master - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 8:01 pm

ok just finished building my deck anyone up for a duel?
Back to top Go down
https://projectduelforums.forumotion.com

Valkoor Lightheart

Leona

Location : Sitting in my room on my bed, thinking of a truly limitless world, filled with endless skies and adventure around every corner.

Character Sheet
Name: Edmund
HP:
Custom Ruleset: Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Master - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue900/100Custom Ruleset: Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Master - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (900/100)

PostSubject: Re: Custom Ruleset: Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Master   Custom Ruleset: Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Master - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 8:14 pm

I'd be willing to try you Jammy. New Deck Master: Satellite Cannon. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Custom Ruleset: Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Master   Custom Ruleset: Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Master - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 9:25 pm

ok so i'm asking can i enter with general grunard of the ice barrier
if not then cyber dragon
Back to top Go down

Valkoor Lightheart

Leona

Location : Sitting in my room on my bed, thinking of a truly limitless world, filled with endless skies and adventure around every corner.

Character Sheet
Name: Edmund
HP:
Custom Ruleset: Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Master - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue900/100Custom Ruleset: Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Master - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (900/100)

PostSubject: Re: Custom Ruleset: Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Master   Custom Ruleset: Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Master - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 9:41 pm

Cyber's eff can't be used if he's a DM. But Grunard is prob useable. I've forgotten his eff though.

And this new rule ruins my deck. All because I have Sattilte. -_-
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Custom Ruleset: Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Master   Custom Ruleset: Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Master - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 10:31 am

actually light and darkness dragon
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:
Custom Ruleset: Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Master - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue84/84Custom Ruleset: Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Master - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: Custom Ruleset: Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Master   Custom Ruleset: Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Master - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 11:42 am

LADD is an excellent choice!
Back to top Go down

N

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Custom Ruleset: Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Master   Custom Ruleset: Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Master - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 10:41 pm

I would join if you will put out the rule about having a 60 card deck with no duples.Kinda dumb
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Custom Ruleset: Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Master   Custom Ruleset: Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Master - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:45 am

Nate River wrote:
I would join if you will put out the rule about having a 60 card deck with no duples.Kinda dumb
These rules were integrated from Magic: The Gathering's Commander format. If you don't agree with the way the rules work, I'm sorry about your luck but that's how the game is played.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Custom Ruleset: Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Master   Custom Ruleset: Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Master - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 9:12 am

great just to announce that my deck master is grunrad general of the ice barrier
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom Ruleset: Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Master   Custom Ruleset: Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Master - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Custom Ruleset: Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Master

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3