Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Testers wanted!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Testers wanted! Left_bar_bleue100/100Testers wanted! Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Testers wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Testers wanted!   Testers wanted! EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 1:50 pm

Oi, guys!
As most of you already know we recently had a total overhaul of our testing branch. Testers have been reset, the testing system was greatly changed and Joker moved to Mod leaving me as both the head and only tester on ths site.
We have been having quite a high number of newcomers and as often as I can be online, I still cannot test every single person around here.
This is why I am searching for at least one more tester (possibly even two, we'll see) to assist me in my deeds!

What do you need to do to apply?

1st: Read and understand this completly: https://projectduelforums.forumotion.com/t517-testing-rubric

2nd: You have to be pacient and take your time on testing. From now on results will not be just random scores, you HAVE to give detailed explanation on why you give the scores you give. I am aware that this will take quite some time to do, but it is the only way to assure people who get tested fully understand what they have done wrong and how they can improve and possibly reach a higher dorm. Because THAT is what testing is about and not about a special coloured name.

3rd: PM me an application per PM, icluding reasons you want to be tester and why I should choose you. Just so I actually remember to check my PMs, post here if you apply!
Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

Testers wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testers wanted!   Testers wanted! EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 10:46 am

Globally announced.
Back to top Go down

Monkey D. Luffy

Leona

Testers wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testers wanted!   Testers wanted! EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 7:46 pm

Most moderators like myself and Joker can still test, not under tester but as moderators
Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

Testers wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testers wanted!   Testers wanted! EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 9:03 am

~Bump. Come on guys, apply, we need 2 more testers.
Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Testers wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testers wanted!   Testers wanted! EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 9:10 am

I apply for the position of tester. I'll pm you my reasoning asap. Meaning as soon as I send this, please read and enjoy.
Back to top Go down
http://Chatango.com - Ventriloquist

Crystal Master

Leona

Testers wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testers wanted!   Testers wanted! EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 11:16 am

Well....if nobody else is going to apply, I guess I could. PM will be sent right after I post this.
Back to top Go down

Archon Dark Heart

Leona

Location : somewhere, riding on the back of valkoor the luck dragon

Testers wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testers wanted!   Testers wanted! EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 4:24 pm

i would like to apply, i will not only pm you my reasons, but also reasons that i might not be the best tester.
Back to top Go down
http://www.silvermoondrow.blogspot.com

Mr.Alexio

Leona

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Testers wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testers wanted!   Testers wanted! EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 5:34 pm

Unless the rules have changed, you must be at least a ra yellow to apply for tester.
Back to top Go down

Crystal Master

Leona

Testers wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testers wanted!   Testers wanted! EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 8:57 pm

Well, as you can see, only Slifer is applying. So yeah Silfer FTW
Back to top Go down

Mr.Alexio

Leona

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Testers wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testers wanted!   Testers wanted! EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 9:04 pm

Thats not the case, gareki being the exception as slifer tester because he was one of the best at NDA, but even if only slifer is applying that isn't reason enough to give it out.
Back to top Go down

Taisakuno Shouri

Zed

Testers wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testers wanted!   Testers wanted! EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 2:40 am

I would like to be tester. Here are examples of my test results.. I really love testing and contributing to the academy community. Besides being 1 of the best, my goal is to pass on the knowledge and experience i've had to teach others how to duel and become a better player. After a friend of mine taught me things, he just inspired me to do the same thing when it comes to deck building and learning how to duel.

Quote :
Match 1: Constellar vs Gimmick Puppets

Match: 0/15

Loss, Loss, No game 3.

Deck Construction: 5/15

The deck was pretty much a combo deck designed to get out gimmick puppets and XYZ's that are available to you besides puppets if necessary. Machina Cannon and Shikigami will probably be your best plays without using up all your moves. Regardless of the risk inferno reckless summon might help you here, because then you won't waste a lot of your other cards for 1 XYZ summon. To make searching easier you need to add in duality, and machina gearframe to search out necessary cards before you move on. Upstarrt goblins will help you alot in this case when it comes to deck thinning. Instead of relying on Tahauser gate, add in Galaxy Wizard. You can search any Galaxy card from your deck with it, thus making a 1st turn search. Alot of your deck should base more on searching all your cards 1st then going off. Consistency was killing the deck a lot and u didn't have much to use after your combos. Gravity Blaster is a subpar tech, because if you want to negate monster effects you have viable speed 2 cards like Effect Veiler and Forbidden Chalice. Right now I see more happening with your deck in adding msts allong with Royal Decree, or adding in more defensive traps to work along with your combos. Tour Guide is a very useful. Limiter Removal is only viable if you have an OTK and along with that the deck isn't. Star Change shouldn't be in the deck, because you need other cards to make it faster. Space is not an issue in this deck, and plenty of different steps you can take to make it better. The Extra deck could be worked on. You have a lot of "3s" of rank 8-9 XYZ that you either wont summon more than 1x or even touch it in a duel. Also you don't need to use gimmick puppets in the main deck to make the puppet XYZ. Going into another build with high levels such as Galaxy monsters with Machina Cannon, or Hieratics will allow you to make other plays than just rank 8, I hope I get the 3 destiny counter plays.

Duelist Performance 13/20:

Game 1: Hmm hmm. All those epic moves, but nothing to back them up at all. The game isn't all about combos. You overextended turn 1, and a lot of my moves/ cards could've ended everything and leave you resulting to topping dark hole or any card to try to regain cards to at least make some simple plays. By turn 6 you had a big LP gain, but in the end the LP game meant nothing. Slowly I was grinded you to near having no more plays available to you and depleting your LP away by turn 11. The cards you were drawing into were dead, and a lot of them were based off having cards to combo off from.
Game 2: Turn 1 you started off with foolish to prepare for a gimmick combo and passed the turn. I went into a constellar play and u used Battle Fader. Luckily you had Cyber Vally, which at least allowed you to increase speed and search out some cards that are usable. You used dark hole early to get rid of 1 monster. It would have been more optimal to wait and take out a little bit more monsters than what I had already. The game was quick and by turn 6 I had game already.

Match 2: Tinplate Gadgets vs Chronomaly

Match Duels: 0/15

Loss, Loss, no game 3

Deck Construction 8/15: Ok so you wanna make better XYZ plays and combo off with rank 5 chronomaly. The deck build is killing you. Mayan machine won't be helpful at all. The chances of you ever needed it as 2 tributes iv never. You have no monster in the main deck higher than lv 5. Adding in tour guides and 1 BLS and 1 Chaos Sorc will allow you to have some other plays besides just ss moai, ss moai rank 5. Pyramid eye should be taken out to add more s/t hate, or defensive traps. In the deck you have alot of aggressive cards but no balance. Using babylon and guardian more will make card plays after your 1st rank 5 play much easier. Take out colossal head and add more staples (TGU, TKR, Call of the haunted, Mst, etc.) Take out Alien for a Leviathan, and Heavy Industry is better traded off for Tiras (Rank 5 XYZ). Adding in temtempo as a trade-off photon poly would be a good choice. Alien itself isn't a good XYZ to run even in Chronomally. There are other XYZ that outshine Alien (Rank 3).

Duelist Performance 14/20:

Game 1: Turn 1 you tried to go off with a rank 5 XYZ, but I stopped it with solemn warning. You set duality, which was a pretty good bluff for a facedown. I'm not sure if you paid attention to duality not being able to ss during turn 4, but you used Head effect and targeted my Fortress. You didn't realize I could see your hand a discard a card you had to my pleasing. In turn 5 I swarmed the field and ended the game.

Game 2: Turn 1 you searched with skull to prepare your moves again. Turn 2 I Went off with Gearframe and dealt a toll of damage on you. You still targeted my Fortress with a monster effect, and i discarded what you had left. By turn 5 you topped a duality, and it didn't allow you to top anything good enough to at least kill off my monsters. The LP beatdown was too fast for your deck to handle.

Replays:

sendspace.com sendspace.com/file/mflw1z

Your decks are focused too much on pulling off certain combos that kill off your card advantage along with the plays. You have the aggression, but no defensive tactics. Your deck needs to be balanced and have more synergy. Work on making your deck more concise with its plays, and add in splashable cards like Tour Guide and/or TKR (In chronomally deck). Work on your deck choices as well. Picking those decks you weren't gonna have a high chance of making Black Luster Dorm, yet alone Dark Armed dorm. There a lot more deck building skills you need to work on, starting with synergy and consitency.

Total Points: 40/100 Welcome to Chaos Sorcerer Dorm.

Quote :
Match 1: Tinplate Gadgets vs Chaos Destiny Heros

Match Duels: 15/15
Win, Loss, Win

Deck Construction: 15/15

The Deck is very original. The Synergy is great, and consistency wasn't an issue at all with the deck.

Duelist Performance 19/20 : Game 1 you used Veiler on the effect of Gear Gigant X. You stopped my search and prepared your move with Tour Guide and open Tour Bus, and went Leviathan. It was a good play. I'm assuming you were preparing to shuffle my Machina Fortress back into the deck if I had to suicide. Luckily I had an out for that and we proceeded with the duel. For the most part the control of the field went back and forth, until you went off for game and eliminated my boss monsters and used your inherited + from your graveyard. Banishing my Machina Fortress was great, because I had no more Fortresses to use. You pretty much had game after that. Round 2 I sided in effect veiler and cards to eliminated boss monsters you had. Crimson Blader play was nice, but I had a smashing ground out for it after the turn you got it out. Game 2 I ended up winning the match by continuously adding more and more monsters to search. It seems you didn't have a chance to stop all of that with TKR.

Match 2: Zombie Agents vs Rock Stun.

Match: 0/15

Loss, Loss, No Game 3.

Deck Construction: 13/15.

Pretty standard build. Some tech choices could be worked on though. I would trade off 2 gogogo giants for Another Gigantes, maybe even another Block Golem. You barely drew into it, and it would make easy Rank 4 XYZ plays. You have Synchros (Exception to stardust) with no means of summoning them on your own. Adding in more XYZ such as Temtempo would make the deck have the ability to have a different variety of plays during the duel. Number 106 will be a good addition taking out Catastor, and Gaia-Knight.

Duelist Peformance: 16/20

Game 1: You started off well with a heavy storm taking out my mst bluff and 1 bottomless. Your set up turn 1 when I attacked with venus allowed you to take out 2 birds with 1 stone, it was pretty good. Good call on the Creature swap vs Meiru wall. You thought ahead and it was destroyed during my own endphase.

Turn 4 you should'ved attacked directly for 1900 damage with Mole, and Sangan. If I triggered Gorz or Tragoedia, you could've had better judgment on what to XYZ into.

In Turn 10, if you set dyna rather than going block golem you would've had another turn as the next topdeck I drew into was plaguespreader zombie. That would only give me a limit of lv 6 Synchro play and it would've had ended. Also you didn't check to see if you had targets for block golem which costed you.

I also didn't see much of siding from you. If you did I would have expected Some mirrors and Skill-drain which might have made the duel elongate a bit more, with your advantage.

Replays:

sendspace.com sendspace.com/file/xcmaa4

Total Points: 78/100 Welcome to Dark Armed Dragon Dorm.

All in all it was mainly the 2nd match that killed you the most. Not getting any wins cost you. It was probably your sides as well. You may have not drawn into it, or you didn't have much to prepare for them. Mainly picking Rock Stun and a couple of deck card choices might have made a difference. Your 1st deck choice was amazing and literally maintained good plays and control.

Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

Testers wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testers wanted!   Testers wanted! EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 2:46 am

Hmmmm... To do this you would need to drop the special guest title and be a primary member of the academy, and be tested for a dorm. Do you want to do that?
Back to top Go down

Taisakuno Shouri

Zed

Testers wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testers wanted!   Testers wanted! EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 2:59 am

Evilpath wrote:
Hmmmm... To do this you would need to drop the special guest title and be a primary member of the academy, and be tested for a dorm. Do you want to do that?

yeah im fine with that.
Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Testers wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testers wanted!   Testers wanted! EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 11:09 pm

Taisa, I guess I'll first test you fkr dorm and then I'll test you for tester. Seems right?
Back to top Go down

Taisakuno Shouri

Zed

Testers wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testers wanted!   Testers wanted! EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 12:01 am

Rainmaker wrote:
Taisa, I guess I'll first test you fkr dorm and then I'll test you for tester. Seems right?

Of course. I will gladly accept.
Back to top Go down

Archon Dark Heart

Leona

Location : somewhere, riding on the back of valkoor the luck dragon

Testers wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testers wanted!   Testers wanted! EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 3:45 pm

i want to take the testers test
Back to top Go down
http://www.silvermoondrow.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

Testers wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testers wanted!   Testers wanted! Empty

Back to top Go down

Testers wanted!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1