Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Obelisk Blue Leader Exam; Rainmaker's Homework: Side Deck!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Obelisk Blue Leader Exam; Rainmaker's Homework: Side Deck!  Left_bar_bleue100/100Obelisk Blue Leader Exam; Rainmaker's Homework: Side Deck!  Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Obelisk Blue Leader Exam; Rainmaker's Homework: Side Deck!  Empty
PostSubject: Obelisk Blue Leader Exam; Rainmaker's Homework: Side Deck!    Obelisk Blue Leader Exam; Rainmaker's Homework: Side Deck!  EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 6:38 pm

The Homework will be pretty much based on my lesson, which is what homework should be:

Lets pretend you are playing Chaos Dragons and you go to a tourney. What I want from you is a versatile Side Deck that protects your biggest weakness and is strong against the most popular and successfull decks, which are Macro-Rabbit, Wind-Ups and Mermail/Atlanteans.
I want to know what you put in and more importantly a full explanation why you put it in!
You need to post a screenshot of your side deck and a well written, detailed explanation on why you used the cards you did.
The purpose of this is to actually build up on my lesson and make you think about how your deck works and how your opponents deck works.
Back to top Go down

Kirito

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Obelisk Blue Leader Exam; Rainmaker's Homework: Side Deck!    Obelisk Blue Leader Exam; Rainmaker's Homework: Side Deck!  EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 6:49 pm

U do get that yugi already held a lesson on the side deck right?
Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Obelisk Blue Leader Exam; Rainmaker's Homework: Side Deck!  Left_bar_bleue100/100Obelisk Blue Leader Exam; Rainmaker's Homework: Side Deck!  Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: Obelisk Blue Leader Exam; Rainmaker's Homework: Side Deck!    Obelisk Blue Leader Exam; Rainmaker's Homework: Side Deck!  EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 6:49 pm

Nope, didn't know. Also my lesson was not on the side deck only. The homework is. Wink
Back to top Go down

Kirito

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Obelisk Blue Leader Exam; Rainmaker's Homework: Side Deck!    Obelisk Blue Leader Exam; Rainmaker's Homework: Side Deck!  EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 6:53 pm

I looked over all lessons to find something good so everyone wouldnt call me a copycat but ok
Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Obelisk Blue Leader Exam; Rainmaker's Homework: Side Deck!    Obelisk Blue Leader Exam; Rainmaker's Homework: Side Deck!  EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 11:14 pm

hAgain: This is a HOMEWORK not a LESSON.
Back to top Go down

Blood and Dirt

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Obelisk Blue Leader Exam; Rainmaker's Homework: Side Deck!    Obelisk Blue Leader Exam; Rainmaker's Homework: Side Deck!  EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 6:12 am

good think the deck i use at my locals is chaos dragons and do i just post it here on this forum?

might be a bit late but meh

https://i.imgur.com/lIKjqi1.png

maxx "C" and prohibition are mainly for wind-ups and mermails. maxx c for draw power and so they dont special summon to many monsters and prohibition to stop monster and support card eff. Gemini imps for empty jar, one very annoying person at my locals uses it. Thunder king is pretty much for a lot of decks especially machina gadgets. compulse are for those unwanted monster like zenmaines and big eye ans other cards like them. Decree for trap heavy decks like my hero deck. so they can't stall and get the cards they need for there combos and soul taker is to just get ride of those pesky 3k and + beaters eg: Judgement dragon and BLS. Well thats pre much my side deck for chaos dragons.

ohh and the extra mst for more spell/trap removal
Back to top Go down

Kirito

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Obelisk Blue Leader Exam; Rainmaker's Homework: Side Deck!    Obelisk Blue Leader Exam; Rainmaker's Homework: Side Deck!  EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 1:55 pm

LOOOL u werent supposed to he only made it to show yugiho for the exam
So in other words thats fake homework
Back to top Go down

Blood and Dirt

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Obelisk Blue Leader Exam; Rainmaker's Homework: Side Deck!    Obelisk Blue Leader Exam; Rainmaker's Homework: Side Deck!  EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 1:58 pm

yeah cant you like just delete it and sorry again

Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Obelisk Blue Leader Exam; Rainmaker's Homework: Side Deck!    Obelisk Blue Leader Exam; Rainmaker's Homework: Side Deck!  EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 8:39 pm

I'd say that this was a good homework, not some unrelated assignment with no instructions like many of the current leaders give.
Back to top Go down

lever10

Leona

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Obelisk Blue Leader Exam; Rainmaker's Homework: Side Deck!    Obelisk Blue Leader Exam; Rainmaker's Homework: Side Deck!  EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 5:30 am

Oh thats easy. I made the deck about two weeks ago heheh. Sorry I can't do a screen shot but ill give a list of all the cards.

Main Deck: 40

Monsters: 31

Lightpulsar Dragon x3
Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress x3
White-Horned Dragon x1
Mystic Tomato x2
Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon x1
Eclipse Wyvern x2
Effect Veiler x1
Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter x3
Jain, Lightsworn Paladin x2
Wulf, Lightsworn Beast x1
Lumina, Lightsworn summoner x1
Judgement Dragon x1
Card Trooper x1
Chaos Sorcerer x1
Dark Armed Dragon x1
Honest x1
Tragodeia x1
Black Luster Soldier: Envoy of the Beginning x1
Plaguespreader Zombie x1
Gorz the Emissary of Darkness x1
Phantom of Chaos x1
Darkflare Dragon x1

Spells: 8
Solar Recharge x3
Monster Reborn x1
Charge into the Light Brigade x1
Heavy Storm x1
Allure of Darkness x1
Dark Hole x1

Trap: 1

Treacherous Dark Hole x1

Extra Deck:

Synchro: 10

Void Ogre Dragon x1
Scrap Dragon x1
Stardust Dragon x1
Ally of Justice Catastor x1
Armory Arm x2
Iron Chain Dragon x1
Arcanite Magician x1
Black Rose Dragon x1
Ancient Fairy Dragon x1

Xyz: 5

Number 39:Utopia x1
Number 17:Leviathan x1
Leviair the Sea Dragon x1
Wind-up Zenmaines x1
Gachi Gachi Gantetsu x1

Sideboard: 15

MST x3

Royal Decree x2

Electric Virus x2
Maxx "C" x2
Goldd, Wu of Dark World x2
Effect Veiler x2
White-Horned Dragon x2

Macro-Rabits: Depending on which Xyz's they use electric Virus might work. Perhaps depending on the variation using maxx "c". Effect Veilors to stop the detaching giving me a better chance to eliminate them. For the most part though this deck's main deck destroys macro because of the high power and cards being destroyed still helps.
Dark World: Maxx "C" to help slow down or take advantage of graphas, also Goldd can destroy its own deck with the dark world dealings and things.
Wind-Ups: Maxx "C" is a very nice card. Effect veiler as well. Self explanatory.
Lightsworn: These decks sometimes have a lot of spells in them and spells are getting discarded. Thus why i use white-horned x2 in side. Also Maxx "C" and effect veilor go nicely against this deck as well.
Mermail/Atlanteans: Maxx "C" and royal decree. Maxx "C" cuz of the special summoning and royal decree for things like abyss

MST is used for those decks that just destroy me with their field spell or spell/trap cards such as dimensional fissure and macro cosmos.
Royal Decree because I always from time to time see decks extremely heavy on trap cards for some reason. Also those mermail/atlanteans like i said.
Electric Virus: In addition to the sometimes useful agianst macro-Rabbit but also against other Chaos Dragon decks.
Back to top Go down

Taisakuno Shouri

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Obelisk Blue Leader Exam; Rainmaker's Homework: Side Deck!    Obelisk Blue Leader Exam; Rainmaker's Homework: Side Deck!  EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 4:04 pm

For mermail/atlantean side 3 mind crush. Your opponent sends monsters as cost, but they reveal in hand when they discard. Mind crush that target, it won't get summoned. You can see other cards in hand, and multiples are discarded as well. Soul Drain. What soul drain kills yourself? No, Chaos Dragons can work around that much greater than Mermails. Thunder King Rai-Oh. The new variant of mermails as well as the old one relies on searching from the deck. They have like 9 ways to search for their cards, TKR will stop that.

Dark Worlds: Soul drain. The only thing they can do then is use Grapha from grave as an inherent summon. Thunder king. Snoww is the biggest means of them getting all the cards like the field spell in turbo builds. royal decree for trap heavy builds that turbo with reckless and skill drain.

Macro-Rabbit: No point in siding veiler At max only keep 1 in deck now. Your opponent knows you are using chaos dragons. Chances are he will side in another Macro Cosmos. Side royal decree. The deck is Trap Heavy. Side msts, for extra backrow your opponent may have, and thunder kings for XYZ Summon.

Chain Dissapearance: Inzektors. The deck has gained advantage as a meta-call for war duels. Once you get Dragonfly with centipeded, popping goes all over the board. This stops dragonfly plays as well as ladybug, if the oppoent is desperate he will use it. Pretty much centi-pede with hornet will be the only thing viable. side msts. The deck is trap heavy, and once your opponent equips a horney or inzektor, you can respond with mst. Hornet will not go off, neither will dragonfly or centi.

Thunder king rai-oh: The new meta is all about searching everything. Prophecy losses to this card alone, and the only out would be Priestess, or Breaker/Lyla + Spellbook of power. Fire fists only out is bear + a fire formation, or XYZ with Tensu + 2 formation cards. Thats grinding your opponent with card advantage. Mermails can't search with dragoons, and already their plays are a -, instead of a +0 or +1.

Soul Taker: Mirror match for Chaos Dragons, and possibly for hero variants. Ryko makes Shining and Pulsar mistime, but sometimes you won't always be able to use ryko. Soul Taker covers this as well, and you can use it from your hand, when you need to cover over soft-lock and big fields.
Back to top Go down

lever10

Leona

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Obelisk Blue Leader Exam; Rainmaker's Homework: Side Deck!    Obelisk Blue Leader Exam; Rainmaker's Homework: Side Deck!  EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 2:09 am

Taisakuno Shouri wrote:
For mermail/atlantean side 3 mind crush. Your opponent sends monsters as cost, but they reveal in hand when they discard. Mind crush that target, it won't get summoned. You can see other cards in hand, and multiples are discarded as well. Soul Drain. What soul drain kills yourself? No, Chaos Dragons can work around that much greater than Mermails. Thunder King Rai-Oh. The new variant of mermails as well as the old one relies on searching from the deck. They have like 9 ways to search for their cards, TKR will stop that.

Dark Worlds: Soul drain. The only thing they can do then is use Grapha from grave as an inherent summon. Thunder king. Snoww is the biggest means of them getting all the cards like the field spell in turbo builds. royal decree for trap heavy builds that turbo with reckless and skill drain.

Macro-Rabbit: No point in siding veiler At max only keep 1 in deck now. Your opponent knows you are using chaos dragons. Chances are he will side in another Macro Cosmos. Side royal decree. The deck is Trap Heavy. Side msts, for extra backrow your opponent may have, and thunder kings for XYZ Summon. Plus you are acting like all the macro-rabbit decks are the same. No they are not. I had my butt kicked by a macro rabbit deck that had 3 traps in his whole deck when i used E-hero.

Chain Dissapearance: Inzektors. The deck has gained advantage as a meta-call for war duels. Once you get Dragonfly with centipeded, popping goes all over the board. This stops dragonfly plays as well as ladybug, if the oppoent is desperate he will use it. Pretty much centi-pede with hornet will be the only thing viable. side msts. The deck is trap heavy, and once your opponent equips a horney or inzektor, you can respond with mst. Hornet will not go off, neither will dragonfly or centi.

Thunder king rai-oh: The new meta is all about searching everything. Prophecy losses to this card alone, and the only out would be Priestess, or Breaker/Lyla + Spellbook of power. Fire fists only out is bear + a fire formation, or XYZ with Tensu + 2 formation cards. Thats grinding your opponent with card advantage. Mermails can't search with dragoons, and already their plays are a -, instead of a +0 or +1.

Soul Taker: Mirror match for Chaos Dragons, and possibly for hero variants. Ryko makes Shining and Pulsar mistime, but sometimes you won't always be able to use ryko. Soul Taker covers this as well, and you can use it from your hand, when you need to cover over soft-lock and big fields.

Mermail: normal summoning Rai oh early is lessing mills. mid game he is decent but too easily destroyed by that point. Late game he does nearly nothing. Personally i dont like mind crush at all. sure it helps for those cards they search out but for me royal decree is much more reliable cuz it stops all traps and thats the most scary part about that deck to me when it comes to this deck. I have went against mermail several times with this deck and there have never been issues.

Dark world: Soul drain in a chaos dragon deck!? I am sorry but no chaos dragon deck can go with that in there. it destroys the lightpulsars and wyverns and my plague! Dark world usually there isn't a problem because they tend to be vulnerable to OTK's i have noticed. Or at least getting close to that. If played right, this deck doesnt have a problem with dark world.

Macro Rabits: ... I know this deck... trust me there is necessity for more than 1 veilor against macro rabbits and i didn't post it here for advice on how to use it. I know how it is used and i know what to do. At this point it seemed like it went from suggestions to acting like i am an idiot..

Chain Disperence: my plague, my ryko (thus my judgement dragon), my effect veilers, and other things i need in the graveyard for banish and other things.... no.. just no...

Thunder King Rai'oh: already put my opinion on it. Fire formation is easy because its easy to rejoice from a mass obliteration in this deck. Pulsars see through to that when special summoning on defeat and special summoned from the grave.

Soul Taker: Takes up room in the deck to use BLS, Chaos Sorc, somewhat Gorz, Dark armed dragon, Judgement Dragon, Scrap Dragon, Arcanite Magician, and black rose dragon all do. Soul Taker is not necessary.
Back to top Go down

Taisakuno Shouri

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Obelisk Blue Leader Exam; Rainmaker's Homework: Side Deck!    Obelisk Blue Leader Exam; Rainmaker's Homework: Side Deck!  EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 3:55 pm

lever10 wrote:
Taisakuno Shouri wrote:

Macro-Rabbit: No point in siding veiler At max only keep 1 in deck now. Your opponent knows you are using chaos dragons. Chances are he will side in another Macro Cosmos. Side royal decree. The deck is Trap Heavy. Side msts, for extra backrow your opponent may have, and thunder kings for XYZ Summon. Plus you are acting like all the macro-rabbit decks are the same. No they are not. I had my butt kicked by a macro rabbit deck that had 3 traps in his whole deck when i used E-hero.
Although as a fellow chaos dragon mainer I will try your judgment.

Mermail: normal summoning Rai oh early is lessing mills. mid game he is decent but too easily destroyed by that point. Late game he does nearly nothing. Personally i dont like mind crush at all. sure it helps for those cards they search out but for me royal decree is much more reliable cuz it stops all traps and thats the most scary part about that deck to me when it comes to this deck. I have went against mermail several times with this deck and there have never been issues.

Dark world: Soul drain in a chaos dragon deck!? I am sorry but no chaos dragon deck can go with that in there. it destroys the lightpulsars and wyverns and my plague! Dark world usually there isn't a problem because they tend to be vulnerable to OTK's i have noticed. Or at least getting close to that. If played right, this deck doesnt have a problem with dark world.

Macro Rabits: ... I know this deck... trust me there is necessity for more than 1 veilor against macro rabbits and i didn't post it here for advice on how to use it. I know how it is used and i know what to do. At this point it seemed like it went from suggestions to acting like i am an idiot..

Chain Disperence: my plague, my ryko (thus my judgement dragon), my effect veilers, and other things i need in the graveyard for banish and other things.... no.. just no...

Thunder King Rai'oh: already put my opinion on it. Fire formation is easy because its easy to rejoice from a mass obliteration in this deck. Pulsars see through to that when special summoning on defeat and special summoned from the grave.

Soul Taker: Takes up room in the deck to use BLS, Chaos Sorc, somewhat Gorz, Dark armed dragon, Judgement Dragon, Scrap Dragon, Arcanite Magician, and black rose dragon all do. Soul Taker is not necessary.
. Dropping tkr stops all the searches. New mermail relies on searching and rank 7 xyz. Along with crush early game the plays they can do stop. Yes royal decree stops traps but that's not the issue chaos drags have. It's the rank 7 plays. Ryko cannot stop the inzektor plays. Sure u have veiler but your opponent will side fissure. U can't use veiler. This also aplies to macro with macro rabbit. He flips up macro if he knows when to use rabbit u can't veiler. Numerous of times I war dueled with opp has veiler flip macro pull out rabbit. Grind and good game. Yes soul drain is for dw and yes it hurts pulsar I'm not dumb. Depending on the variant royal decree is optimal. Soft lock barely does anything to dw and mermails, that is the whole point. It's gonna hurt them a lot more than them wrecking ur hand dw and gaining pluss or wrecking ur field with mermails. Fair warning as well bansher of the light is seeing a lot more popularity in competitive play.
Back to top Go down

N

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Obelisk Blue Leader Exam; Rainmaker's Homework: Side Deck!    Obelisk Blue Leader Exam; Rainmaker's Homework: Side Deck!  EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 4:34 pm

OMG PEOPLE this isnt ever a real homework
Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Obelisk Blue Leader Exam; Rainmaker's Homework: Side Deck!    Obelisk Blue Leader Exam; Rainmaker's Homework: Side Deck!  EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 4:51 pm

Guys, this was to see who would be next dorm leader. So, please. Go and do the real homework instead. :'D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obelisk Blue Leader Exam; Rainmaker's Homework: Side Deck!    Obelisk Blue Leader Exam; Rainmaker's Homework: Side Deck!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Obelisk Blue Leader Exam; Rainmaker's Homework: Side Deck!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Duel Academy :: General and Misc :: Dorm Archive :: Obelisk Blue :: Class Room-