Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Smoke bombs and shurikens - A ninja deck

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Brugriff

Leona

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Smoke bombs and shurikens - A ninja deck - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100Smoke bombs and shurikens - A ninja deck - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Smoke bombs and shurikens - A ninja deck - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Smoke bombs and shurikens - A ninja deck   Smoke bombs and shurikens - A ninja deck - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 2:30 am

First topic message reminder :

Smoke bombs and shurikens - A ninja deck - Page 2 E8ObvWS

Intro
So here it is, my toolbox ninja deck. I built this deck after seeing so many people on the DN ladder ragequitting after a single misplay or the loss of that perfect card. I never wanted to be in that position so I made a deck with multiple win conditions and lots of tricks.

The basic idea is to gain field advantage through the use of stalling trap cards until I can either XYZ summon some beatsticks, acquire the near unbreakable wall of Safe Zone + White Dragon Ninja or until I can get Uria out (although that doesn't happen often)

Strengths
+ Multiple ways to win ensures I'm not so limited by "the heart of the cards"
+ Good effect monsters
+ Good use of extra deck, contains beat sticks and good effects
+ Great capacity to stall and wall
+ Good late game potential
+ Fairs well against aggro decks
+ Decent ability to deal with control decks
+ Easy ways to get folks on the field for XYZ summons

Weaknesses
- Lacking in direct removal
- Somewhat lacking in draw
- Little search
- Vulnerable early game
- Vulnerable to burn

Combos + Plays
White Dragon Ninja + Safe Zone is so juicy it isn't even funny. The only real way to deal with it is untargeted bounce and that's a rarity these days. The downside is that it's unable to deal real LP damage, but it's a good way to dominate the board until I get a buffed up Zubaba General or the likes.

Speaking of which, the Zubaba General and Excalibur are the main wall brakers and damage dealers here, easily taking on the likes of high level synchro monsters and whatnot after a buff.

Uria is mainly in there because I have so many continuous trap cards it would be a waste not to. The few times I've summoned it have resulted in mostly wins.

A good few turns would be to special summon Earth Armour followed by Fire to synchro Crimson Armour and then next turn summon an Upstart into Hanzo to summon the appropriate XYZ.

Issues
This deck has a few issues, mostly to do with the current meta decks. So far I haven't won against Bujin and Madolche (the only decks people see to play on DN) and I fair badly against lswarm and Lightsworn. I feel proper siding could help, but I'm unsure what else I could do.

Closing thoughts
Overall I really like my deck. Yeah it isn't the strongest but it's certainly fun. Using Transformation on my opponents boss monsters to summon my own always brings a smile and I love the security my deck brings since I can always do something towards a victory.

I'm thinking of trading out Sasuke for Aqua Armour since Sasuke was only in their to deal with the Marshmellon and similar stall/burns that used to be popular but have since fallen off.

My side deck really needs attention but I have no idea what I really need. I reckon a Maxx C and an Effect Vieler could be a start, but what should I replace?

So folks, what do you think? Anything I've missed?  I accept all criticism, constructive or otherwise.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
Smoke bombs and shurikens - A ninja deck - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue84/84Smoke bombs and shurikens - A ninja deck - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: Smoke bombs and shurikens - A ninja deck   Smoke bombs and shurikens - A ninja deck - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 7:14 am

Yep. Something clearly happened, though I don't find what it was anywhere. Would be cool if you or Potato would reply so I can be a bit more in-the-know about it
Back to top Go down

DarkSoul

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: Finn The Human
HP:
Smoke bombs and shurikens - A ninja deck - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100Smoke bombs and shurikens - A ninja deck - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Smoke bombs and shurikens - A ninja deck   Smoke bombs and shurikens - A ninja deck - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 10:05 am

Just forget about it Nottu, more shit with Fluff Fluff harassing Sylveraine or whatever. This is just my interpretation on it.
Back to top Go down

Brugriff

Leona

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Smoke bombs and shurikens - A ninja deck   Smoke bombs and shurikens - A ninja deck - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 12:14 pm

Nottu wrote:
Yep. Something clearly happened, though I don't find what it was anywhere. Would be cool if you or Potato would reply so I can be a bit more in-the-know about it

DarkSoul wrote:
Just forget about it Nottu, more shit with Fluff Fluff harassing Sylveraine or whatever. This is just my interpretation on it.

Wait, am I missing something here? What's the discussion about and why are we having it here?

Also, the deck is doing a lot better. It can't reliably beat T1 decks like Madolche, but I never expected to. I played 2 games against Tellarknights yesterday, never faced them before, and although it was a very close match I lost. Suffice to say though I'd have lost a lot sooner wth my previous deck. Silent Honour Ark is a beast.

Quick question, though, when Silent Honour Ark takes control of an XYZ monster are the XYZ materials of that monster detached before changing control?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: C.C.
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Smoke bombs and shurikens - A ninja deck   Smoke bombs and shurikens - A ninja deck - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 12:19 pm

Nothing. Fluff spammed some stuff, got deleted, he PM'd the same to people, Idc. It's besides the point of the Topic, really.

Also, Madolche is always a pain. I don't think you can expect Ninja's to beat Madolche, ever. Maybe if they get enough hatred backrow and a Dark Simorgh out in the open, they can.
Back to top Go down

Sasukat

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Smoke bombs and shurikens - A ninja deck   Smoke bombs and shurikens - A ninja deck - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 1:11 pm

Brugriff wrote:

Quick question, though, when Silent Honour Ark takes control of an XYZ monster are the XYZ materials of that monster detached before changing control?

Thanks.

Yep they are, you only get the xyz as a material
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smoke bombs and shurikens - A ninja deck   Smoke bombs and shurikens - A ninja deck - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Smoke bombs and shurikens - A ninja deck

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2