Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!


Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.
 
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Quitter Rant

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

NutHouseReject

Leona

Posts : 25
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-07-22
Location : Static Age Games, Athens, AL

Character Sheet
Name: Rabbit
HP:
100/100  (100/100)
Age: 23

PostSubject: Quitter Rant   Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:02 pm

OK seriously when a person sees a deck they don't like playing against they quit.


Let me ask this do any players who do this top a ycs? top a regionals? even go to WCQ?

the answer is no.

yes certain decks are a pain to play against but how are you going to improve as a player if you are unwilling to even attempt to play against certain decks? When you quit against decks like that you are taking away any chance you have at improving in this game.

MY POINT is don't quit. I invite you to play against these decks you don't like playing against so you learn how to play against these decks and learn how to beat them.


EXODIA, TIER 1, Chain Burn, Troll decks, Lightsworn, Darkworld, Ghostricks, Reversal Quiz, Inferno Tempest, Shooting Quasar, etc.


I have played a variety of decks and with each main deck i've played with I beat all of the above decks, and in the process i've taught myself their weaknesses and how to beat them.
YOU DON'T IMPROVE BY QUITTING, YOU IMPROVE BY LEARNING FROM YOUR LOSSES AND APPLYING THAT KNOWLEDGE TO THE FUTURE TO ASSIST YOU IN EARNING YOUR WIN!


That is my rant. If you don't like it then you are likely one of these players I'm talking about.


Level 1 Judge Certified
Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

Posts : 1471
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2012-11-11
Age : 103
Location : The void

PostSubject: Re: Quitter Rant   Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:05 pm

You're ranting to the wrong people here Razz No one here really quits against decks, just because we don't want to duel them. I only quit in 2 scenarios: The person is a complete idiot and tries to tell you that you cant do anything you do, and you have to prove them wrong every step of the way, or when I don't have time to finish the duel, and then I usually offer draw, and if the person declines, I give him the duel. Razz





[19:36:10] Evil : I'm smexy and I know it
[19:37:02] Eren : you still think that evil 
[19:37:06] -Kira- : ur sexy and we know it~

[19:47:26] Katarina : Evil
[19:47:28] Katarina : You're a god
Back to top Go down

NutHouseReject

Leona

Posts : 25
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-07-22
Location : Static Age Games, Athens, AL

Character Sheet
Name: Rabbit
HP:
100/100  (100/100)
Age: 23

PostSubject: Re: Quitter Rant   Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:29 am

i played against someone from this forum who did this. so no my rant here is justified. but either way it doesn't matter the rant is a rant whether its valid here or not.


Level 1 Judge Certified
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Moderator

Posts : 2183
Reputation : 30
Join date : 2013-01-26
Age : 48
Location : Digital World

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
100/100  (100/100)
Age: 19

PostSubject: Re: Quitter Rant   Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:27 pm

Sadly, this person is me Very Happy . Sadly Neutral a fun deck mean't to screw over an opponent's monsters and defense( GG MF)  is no way useable against Exodia Neutral . Sorry kid, it was just impossible Very Happy

(Plus, no one quits when the duel actually matters heavily Razz , In rated i'd never do such a thing unless I absolutely knew it was too late, same for a war duel Neutral (I can be insanely lucky...) . Normally with burn....but they open with 2 gift cards when I duel them Neutral , Kinda like how every deck using Ho-Ban always opens with 2 reckless and 2 Upstarts.)

However, I know due to the previous discussion (If you could call it that) that nothing I probably say will make you see otherwise.... (Which makes half of this just me ranting back huh....?)







Spammers Beware!

Might get 'em in church or something. We heard the deacon speaking. I'm Donnie McClurkin frontin'~ Kidd Kirigaya

Fun Guide: http://i.imgur.com/ek2yNp0.png
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Posts : 2960
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-07-01
Age : 26

Character Sheet
Name: Kill Matronix
HP:
100/100  (100/100)
Age: 25

PostSubject: Re: Quitter Rant   Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:26 pm

so... you're ranting about troll decks and tier 1 and you yourself are using exodia... well that's pretty fucked up Razz also, i disagree completely with the rant and i'm not the one to quit. don't tell me or anybody else who dafuck i am ok? the nerves of this idiot...






Spoiler:
 


Last edited by Beelzemon on Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Moderator

Posts : 2183
Reputation : 30
Join date : 2013-01-26
Age : 48
Location : Digital World

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
100/100  (100/100)
Age: 19

PostSubject: Re: Quitter Rant   Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:39 pm

Beelzemon wrote:
so... you're ranting about troll decks and tier 1 and you yourself are using ghostricks... well that's pretty fucked up Razz also, i disagree completely with the rant and i'm not the one to quit. don't tell me or anybody else who dafuck i am ok? the nerves of this idiot...

You....make an interesting point....

To be fair, ghostricks are easier to duel than actual troll decks Neutral i'd rather duel them (Normally because they are kinda easy Very Happy )






Spammers Beware!

Might get 'em in church or something. We heard the deacon speaking. I'm Donnie McClurkin frontin'~ Kidd Kirigaya

Fun Guide: http://i.imgur.com/ek2yNp0.png
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Posts : 2960
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-07-01
Age : 26

Character Sheet
Name: Kill Matronix
HP:
100/100  (100/100)
Age: 25

PostSubject: Re: Quitter Rant   Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:46 pm

my mistake... meant to type exodia... sorry tc x.x we were talking about ghostricks and i just... sorry xD






Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down

NutHouseReject

Leona

Posts : 25
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-07-22
Location : Static Age Games, Athens, AL

Character Sheet
Name: Rabbit
HP:
100/100  (100/100)
Age: 23

PostSubject: Re: Quitter Rant   Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:42 pm

im sorry but i never called out anyone specifically because i didn't want to be rude. as for anything else in this topic i don't appreciate being called an idiot. There is no nerve its my rant about quitters. btw "more than likely" means theres a strong chance with a slight chance you're one of a few exceptions. i'd prefer you not call me names when im not calling other people names. That is rude and unnecessary. I'm ranting about people getting mad about playing against these decks if you actually read the post instead of immediately taking a friends side. Yes i play troll decks and they are fun every once in a while and yes I play geargia which happens to be a tier 1 deck because it is the only deck I feel is competitive since I do play in tournaments but I still have fun playing with it. I have played with geargia since they came out and not once have switched decks, even when they lost popularity and fell out during the time of dragon rulers and spellbooks I stuck with geargia because I enjoyed it. and as for ghostricks yeah they are a troll deck.


long story short ACTUALLY READ BEFORE RESPONDING.
and yes my friend you likely are one of these people judging from the response I got from you.


btw have a nice day Smile


Level 1 Judge Certified
Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

Posts : 1471
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2012-11-11
Age : 103
Location : The void

PostSubject: Re: Quitter Rant   Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:28 pm

Lol the troll level in this topic is so hard Razz

Honestly, if TC is the one who quit, and your rant is actually against TC... you have issues bro. I've never met a person who didn't like TC. Even the biggest asshole I've ever met liked TC. Razz If he quit it was probably for good reason (Like playing against Exodia). And even then I highly doubt he ragequit the duel. Quitting and ragequitting are two entirely different things bud. Quitting is when you are in a hopeless matchup. Ragequitting is... well, quitting because you get pissed off.





[19:36:10] Evil : I'm smexy and I know it
[19:37:02] Eren : you still think that evil 
[19:37:06] -Kira- : ur sexy and we know it~

[19:47:26] Katarina : Evil
[19:47:28] Katarina : You're a god
Back to top Go down

NutHouseReject

Leona

Posts : 25
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-07-22
Location : Static Age Games, Athens, AL

Character Sheet
Name: Rabbit
HP:
100/100  (100/100)
Age: 23

PostSubject: Re: Quitter Rant   Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:45 pm

Evil wrote:
Lol the troll level in this topic is so hard Razz

Honestly, if TC is the one who quit, and your rant is actually against TC... you have issues bro. I've never met a person who didn't like TC. Even the biggest asshole I've ever met liked TC. Razz If he quit it was probably for good reason (Like playing against Exodia). And even then I highly doubt he ragequit the duel. Quitting and ragequitting are two entirely different things bud. Quitting is when you are in a hopeless matchup. Ragequitting is... well, quitting because you get pissed off.

my rant was sparked by TC but was not directed at him. and you just proved my point about people quiting because they dont like playing against certain decks. and dude read my original post and point to one instance where i said "ragequit". I said quit not ragequit. and NO MATCH IS HOPELESS IS MY POINT.

You guys really need some better reading skills.
Seriously if this is all this site has to offer is thick-headed people who cuss at people and insult them for no reason and who have yet to cuss themselves then you have shown the true colors of this website.
Good bye and congratulations on showing why this site is so dead.


Level 1 Judge Certified
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Posts : 2960
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-07-01
Age : 26

Character Sheet
Name: Kill Matronix
HP:
100/100  (100/100)
Age: 25

PostSubject: Re: Quitter Rant   Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:28 am

NutHouseReject wrote:
NO MATCH IS HOPELESS IS MY POINT.

You guys really need some better reading skills.
Seriously if this is all this site has to offer is thick-headed people who cuss at people and insult them for no reason and who have yet to cuss themselves then you have shown the true colors of this website.
Good bye and congratulations on showing why this site is so dead.

no match hopeless? it is against autopilot decks like exodia, burn countdown etc etc. countdown bit less now but whatever. so shut up on here

secondly, you have no fucking idea why is this place dead, so stop being gay towards evil. nobody cares if you would leave at this point anyway.






Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down

NutHouseReject

Leona

Posts : 25
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-07-22
Location : Static Age Games, Athens, AL

Character Sheet
Name: Rabbit
HP:
100/100  (100/100)
Age: 23

PostSubject: Re: Quitter Rant   Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:46 am

Beelzemon wrote:
NutHouseReject wrote:
NO MATCH IS HOPELESS IS MY POINT.

You guys really need some better reading skills.
Seriously if this is all this site has to offer is thick-headed people who cuss at people and insult them for no reason and who have yet to cuss themselves then you have shown the true colors of this website.
Good bye and congratulations on showing why this site is so dead.

no match hopeless? it is against autopilot decks like exodia, burn countdown etc etc. countdown bit less now but whatever. so shut up on here

secondly, you have no fucking idea why is this place dead, so stop being gay towards evil. nobody cares if you would leave at this point anyway.


once again cussing for no reason and insulting me. chain burn is not autopilot for the record. chain burn requires a knowledge of chain links otherwise the player is gonna be hurting. btw being "gay" is not a bad thing, I personally am not but if I was "gay" then I would not be ashamed. And when you guys go on a rampage bashing someone for stating their opinion on this site you are driving potential new people away. I've been here for two weeks and am already leaving because of the hatred expressed by the 3 of you.

Once again I have not called you people any names, nor have I once said a cuss word. Cussing is meant for people without a strong vocabulary so thank you for showing me your intelligence. The fact that you are 23 is horrifying and insulting to everyone of the age.

But since you refuse to speak rationally and in a peaceful manner I wish you the best of luck and pray to god that you find a good dictionary or at least someone who can teach you what you so desperately need.


Level 1 Judge Certified
Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

Posts : 1471
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2012-11-11
Age : 103
Location : The void

PostSubject: Re: Quitter Rant   Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:07 am

Bud, I've not once cursed, (notice I did not say "cuss" because I've "cussed" twice, but I've not used it in a negative or derogatory way, thus I have not "cursed") nor have I once directly insulted you. I said "you have issues bro." That's the worst comment I've directed at you, and it was meant as a way to show that I strongly disagreed with the argument you've been presenting but in a slightly comical fashion. Notice the emotes?

The thing that's got people pointing deadly bullets at your head is the way you were passive-aggressively insulting people. This site may be mostly dead, but the people who are left here have built stronger friendships than many people have built in person. The thing you've failed to understand is you've posted a rant. You know you've posted a rant, but you fail to understand it. I say this because rants are meant to express your opinion; and there's nothing wrong with that. What is wrong is when you've posted a topic expressing your opinion, and when someone disagrees with your opinion, you've got to take immediate offense to it.

There's one person here who hasn't "spoken rationally or in a peaceful manner" and if you were so mature as you pretend to be, you would have ignored this person. You would not have gone on to insult him or anyone else, nor would you have gone on to "ragequit" the forum. You instead would have moved on and either ignored this person or maybe have talked to staff. Additionally, while not entirely mature or rational, the traits that Beelzemon has expressed in this topic are both noble and respectable; he's jumped to his friends' side of the argument with no hesitation.

But that's the end of my rant on defending the forum and its community.

The fact of the matter is, I did not intend to offend you, nor to completely disregard your comments or words. In fact, much of it I agree with. I do not think that people should quit duels. However, nor do I think that a deck such as Exodia, which minimizes player interaction in a game founded on player interaction is exactly fun to duel. You sometimes have to remind yourself that there are both competitive Yu-Gi-Oh! players and players who play for fun or as a hobby. Competitive players will often tell you that you should not quit a duel just because it's a deck that you do not like to play. However, players who play for the hobby and fun will often tell you that there's no point in playing a game to have fun, when you are not in a fun matchup. And to play the Devil's Advocate, some matchups are in fact, impossible. For example, Exodia vs. Final Countdown. Final Countdown needs at least 20 turns to win. Exodia decks usually have a means to draw 20 cards outside their normal draw phases within 20 turns. Configure this with their draws from effects, and without intervention because Final Countdown decks most likely will not interfere with anything the Exodia deck does, the Exodia deck has probably drawn every card in their deck by now and won the game.

In any case, if I have offended you, you have my sincerest apologies. I've tried to be both "rational" and "peaceful" in this post, as well as defend my point of view and my friends' in a manner that doesn't offend anyone, and yet explains my view on the matter. Confusing? Yes. Impossible? Probably. In any case, you seem to be an intelligent person who managed to get thrown into a hostile situation. I hope I can speak for the others when I say I'd be delighted to have you as a part of our community, should you be willing to stay.





[19:36:10] Evil : I'm smexy and I know it
[19:37:02] Eren : you still think that evil 
[19:37:06] -Kira- : ur sexy and we know it~

[19:47:26] Katarina : Evil
[19:47:28] Katarina : You're a god
Back to top Go down

DarkSoul

Admin

Posts : 1244
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2013-10-25
Age : 18
Location : Australia

Character Sheet
Name: Finn The Human
HP:
100/100  (100/100)
Age: 12

PostSubject: Re: Quitter Rant   Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:40 am

Son of the holy cow! A lot has been going on in my absence. .-.

NutHouse, TC is a great person, I'm sure he didn't mean to start anything by quitting on you, and in my opinion, people quit simply because they think that the deck is annoying, this is just my opinion so please don't crucify me. ._.






Back to top Go down

Zeno

Moderator

Posts : 2183
Reputation : 30
Join date : 2013-01-26
Age : 48
Location : Digital World

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
100/100  (100/100)
Age: 19

PostSubject: Re: Quitter Rant   Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:22 am

This escalated quickly....






Spammers Beware!

Might get 'em in church or something. We heard the deacon speaking. I'm Donnie McClurkin frontin'~ Kidd Kirigaya

Fun Guide: http://i.imgur.com/ek2yNp0.png
Back to top Go down

The RealDeal

Lucian

Posts : 67
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Quitter Rant   Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:41 pm

Wow, this got boring really quick. Why can't we all just be friends? Very Happy


Superion Maximus owes me cookies!
Back to top Go down

W.O.P.i.E

Guest

Posts : 4
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Quitter Rant   Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:31 am

ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้༼◉Д◉༽ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้
Back to top Go down

DarkSoul

Admin

Posts : 1244
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2013-10-25
Age : 18
Location : Australia

Character Sheet
Name: Finn The Human
HP:
100/100  (100/100)
Age: 12

PostSubject: Re: Quitter Rant   Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:59 pm

Oh my god, how on earth did you do that Wopie?

And we all are at heart, The Real Deal Smile






Back to top Go down

bloodpop98

Leona

Posts : 5
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-08-14
Age : 20
Location : the nether relm

PostSubject: Re: Quitter Rant   Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:14 am

whats with the weird smiley thing its awesome(two posts up)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content



PostSubject: Re: Quitter Rant   

Back to top Go down
 

Quitter Rant

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Duel Academy :: General and Misc :: ODA Forum Archive :: Off-Topic-