Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero Left_bar_bleue100/100Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero Empty
PostSubject: Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero   Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 6:30 pm

Hello Guest. The card of the week is Number 103: Ragnazero:
Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero Number103Ragnazero-PRIO-EN-R-1E

Attribute: Water
Types: Fairy/Xyz/Effect
ATK/DEF: 2400/1200
Card Number: 94380860
Materials: 2 Level 4 monsters
Effect types: Quick

2 Level 4 monsters
Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 face-up Attack Position monster your opponent controls, whose current ATK is different from its original ATK; destroy it, and if you do, draw 1 card.

This guy is a rank 4, fairy type, water attribute xyz. Its a nice generic card which only needs 2 lv 4's. Unlike the previous xyz I did (101 SHARK), not every deck runs this. If you have the space, its a nice addition which can be very useful. It has 2400 attack which is standard and great. Defense is 2100 which is not bad. Pretty solid stats. It has one effect but its great. If a card's attack is different from the original attack, then you can destroy it and draw a card. Did I mention this is a quick effect? Trust me that comes in handy. A great example would be fire fist. Opponent uses tenki, and summon bear / Gorilla. You can blow up that card instantly with your effect since its attack is boosted (with tenki / tensu). 103 truly shines against decks that rely on altering attack but you can still find use for it elsewhere. If they lance a card, you can blow it up and get a +1. Tell us your opinion about this card. Share some thoughts, opinions and discuss away.

Card Page: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Number_103:_Ragnazero
Card Ruling: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Number_103:_Ragnazero
Card tips: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Tips:Number_103:_Ragnazero
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero Left_bar_bleue0/0Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero   Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 7:34 pm

I <3'd this card the minute it came out. I think it was when FF were tier 1-2 still and I just looked at this card like "ty so much konami n_n" Literally anytime I face FF decks anymore you just need to bring out this thing against Bear and he's just like "osht" and dies and then you +1. Definitely should be a card in every level 4 based deck.
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero Left_bar_bleue100/100Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero   Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 8:36 pm

Fluff Fluff wrote:
I <3'd this card the minute it came out. I think it was when FF were tier 1-2 still and I just looked at this card like "ty so much konami n_n" Literally anytime I face FF decks anymore you just need to bring out this thing against Bear and he's just like "osht" and dies and then you +1. Definitely should be a card in every level 4 based deck.

Exactly. I love firefists so this is even great for the mirror matches. Great cards but not everyone runs it because of limited extra deck spaces.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:
Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero Left_bar_bleue0/0Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero   Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 8:56 pm

Hero wrote:
Fluff Fluff wrote:

Exactly. I love firefists so this is even great for the mirror matches. Great cards but not everyone runs it because of limited extra deck spaces.

Niggas need to run this. I make sure this is a priority to get into my extra decks. I'd run this over Maestroke or Daigusto in most side decks tbh.
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Kill Matronix
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero   Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 9:44 pm

Fluff Fluff wrote:
Hero wrote:
Fluff Fluff wrote:

Niggas need to run this. I make sure this is a priority to get into my extra decks. I'd run this over Maestroke or Daigusto in most side decks tbh.

A very good xyz, becoming a staple to some extent, for the people who care about it. I'll be honest and say that the worst thing about this card is it's type. And about the lance +1 discussion. it's actually 0. since you probably use a card on an opponent's monster to make the opponent activate lance and then you activate ragna.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero   Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 10:27 pm

Rafael wrote:
Fluff Fluff wrote:
Hero wrote:
Fluff Fluff wrote:

A very good xyz, becoming a staple to some extent, for the people who care about it. I'll be honest and say that the worst thing about this card is it's type. And about the lance +1 discussion. it's actually 0. since you probably use a card on an opponent's monster to make the opponent activate lance and then you activate ragna.

When did Lance come into the picture? .-.
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero   Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 10:31 pm

Fluff Fluff wrote:
Rafael wrote:
Fluff Fluff wrote:
Hero wrote:
Fluff Fluff wrote:

When did Lance come into the picture? .-.

I'd run it over diagusto emeral for sure but maestroke is needed in most of my decks. And... lance came into the picture as soon as it is able to alter attacks hence making a card destroy-able by Ragna's effect.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero   Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 10:46 pm

Maestroke is meh anymore as I see a lot better options in terms of rank 4 xyz. I wasn't really referring to Lance tho. I was just talking about Ragna vs FF in general. They have self attack boosting cards in play already so using Ragna is just a free kill and +1 w/o the need for Lance
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero   Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 10:48 pm

irony if they would lance the ragna eh?
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero   Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 10:49 pm

Rafael wrote:
irony if they would lance the ragna eh?

"nu pls dun kill my bear here ill use lance on ragna pls dun kill k?"

"k" "ragna eff"

*quits*
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero   Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 10:52 pm

didn't mean it like that
Back to top Go down

DarkSoul

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: Finn The Human
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero   Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 12:24 am

I really do enjoy Ragnazero, not only does it remind me of an old friend from PGDA but it is a card I run in most of my extra decks, and I use it quite frequently.

It's good against Bujins, Fire Fists, Madolche, Noble Knights and probably a lot more, most things with their own field spell support mostly.
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero   Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 2:11 am

DarkSoul wrote:
I really do enjoy Ragnazero, not only does it remind me of an old friend from PGDA but it is a card I run in most of my extra decks, and I use it quite frequently.

It's good against Bujins, Fire Fists, Madolche, Noble Knights and probably a lot more, most things with their own field spell support mostly.

I don't see many uses of this against Bujins...Only if they have Tenki out or used Honest previously....

After that nothing really (And they can only have a max of 3 of tenki!)

As for Nobles, unless you got a good plan to kill them before Destiny or Excaliburn your up a creek without a paddle. Very Happy

This card is great though Razz and it's ability to chain makes it actually usable. Get's you out of those tough spots when it's the only monster on fieldd and gets you a draw.

Sadly.... SHARK doesnt have this cards ATK Sad
Back to top Go down

DarkSoul

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: Finn The Human
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero   Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 2:35 pm

Gallantmon wrote:
DarkSoul wrote:

I don't see many uses of this against Bujins...Only if they have Tenki out or used Honest previously....

As for Nobles, unless you got a good plan to kill them before Destiny or Excaliburn your up a creek without a paddle. Very Happy

This card is great though Razz and it's ability to chain makes it actually usable. Get's you out of those tough spots when it's the only monster on fieldd and gets you a draw.

I think you're forgetting Crane and that new OCG Honest thing that Bujins now have as well. ;-; And well, MST helps in the NK match-up as you can remember, some are not revived by its own effect.
Back to top Go down

LittleDeity

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero   Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 3:08 pm

This card has a nice effect ^^
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero   Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 3:37 pm

DarkSoul wrote:
Gallantmon wrote:
DarkSoul wrote:

I think you're forgetting Crane and that new OCG Honest thing that Bujins now have as well. ;-; And well, MST helps in the NK match-up as you can remember, some are not revived by its own effect.

Several things,

The effects of Crane and Sinyou (Who is now TCG) only work during the Damage Step and only for that one. They don't stick around Very Happy (Thank god) . Which is actually one of the only times Ragna Zero can't activate Razz (Only things that modify ATK or DEF can be used Cool )

As for Noble Knights, only 2 equip spells are like that (Excaliburn and Gwen)
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero   Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 4:13 pm

Gallantmon wrote:
DarkSoul wrote:
Gallantmon wrote:
DarkSoul wrote:

Several things,

The effects of Crane and Sinyou (Who is now TCG) only work during the Damage Step and only for that one. They don't stick around Very Happy (Thank god) . Which is actually one of the only times Ragna Zero can't activate Razz (Only things that modify ATK or DEF can be used Cool )

As for Noble Knights, only 2 equip spells are like that (Excaliburn and Gwen)

Plot twist: Konami changes the card text on Ragna to make it work in damage calc
Back to top Go down

Alexis Rhodes

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero   Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 6:58 pm

Fucking love this card
Back to top Go down

derpomancer

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero   Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 6:44 pm

I even prefer this one to the chaos version, destroy plus extra draw. Although the chaos version doesnt destroy which against many top deck is so freakin important.
Back to top Go down

Gabz

Staff

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero   Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 12:03 pm

tomuch good in this card i dunt ty konami
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero   Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero Empty

Back to top Go down

Card of the Week - Number 103: Ragnazero

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1