Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

DarkSoul

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: Finn The Human
HP:
The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim Left_bar_bleue100/100The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim Empty
PostSubject: The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 1:05 pm

As I am sure most of you know, especially Dovahkiin, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is an Action Role-Playing video game developed by Bethesda Game Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks. It is the fifth installment of the "Elder Scrolls" series following its predecessor, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

Skyrim is currently available on the following systems; Microsoft Windows, Playstation 3, and Xbox 360.

Anyway, after being brutally murdered by a high-leveled Dragon I decided to start anew, I am currently a level 10 Dark Elf who specializes in Magic, specifically Spark and Fire magic.

Who else here plays Skyrim or any of its predecessors? What race did you choose? What class do you believe is the best and why? What level are you? Have you defeated Alduin yet?

If you don't play Skyrim then what RPG games do you enjoy playing?
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Superion
HP:
The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim Left_bar_bleue1000/1000The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 2:28 pm

XD i have Oblivion and a complete strategy Guide i got from my cousin but iv'e never played it XD.

as for rpgs i used to play alot of stuff like Dungeon siege or Planescape torment or That Gba game whose name i always forget XD.

atm im only playing some Aqw
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim Left_bar_bleue0/0The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 3:57 pm

Can pokemon count as a RPG? .-.

*slaying dragons and shit got old and boring after I was 17 but thats just me*
Back to top Go down

Dovahkiin

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim Left_bar_bleue100/100The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 8:07 pm

Skyrim>Pokemon *nuff said
Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 9:55 am

Keep in mind, I play without the DLC. I used to play constantly, but I don't play nearly as much anymore and don't find it worth it to spend money on the DLC for a game I rarely play now.

I tend to play very basic builds, such as a Redguard Warrior, utilizing One-Handed, Block, some Light Armor, and Smithing, though there are plenty more powerful classes, I prefer this simplistic way of dealing with the game. I have gotten to level 81 twice with this build legitimately, and like a billion times through use of the Oghma Infinium exploit.

Other builds that I enjoy are:

Khajiit Thief, focusing heavily on One-Handed, some Archery, Stealth, Light Armor, Speech (Believe it or not, this is useful) Lock-Picking, and Pickpocket.

High Elf Mage, focusing heavily on Conjuration and Destruction, some dabbling in other schools for certain perks or spells. (The Bound Dremora is pure power. If you use a Mage, you definitely have to try that spell.) Enchanting for gear to raise Magicka and Magicka Regen.

Dark Elf Assassin, focusing heavily on Light Armor, Archery, SOME One-Handed (Until Archery is high enough for speed perks if I get rushed), Alchemy (Hard to level and tedious, but insanely powerful if used correctly).

The most powerful is probably the Alchemy/Conjuration/Destruction High Elf. I used it twice, it's VERY fun. But I still prefer an up-close-and-personal blade user.

Almost every build imaginable (At least if it's functional) falls into 1 of 4 categories, which are: Warrior, Thief, Assassin, and Mage. Some fall in 2, but if you can see your character in more than that, you probably won't have enough perk points to get everything you need. (Again, this is without the DLC and Legendary Levels) Do the Guild Quests that your character fits in FIRST (because you get great gear for your character), then do the main quest line, then do whatever floats your boat. If you have Dawnguard, I'd throw the Vampire quest line in there somewhere to get Vampire Lord mode early on. I often times break this rule and do the main quest line first, but that's with a LOT of experience with the game.

One last tip: DON'T play the game on the easier 2 difficulties. It makes it so that you can complete the game easily with any rag-tag build, which really isn't any fun. At the very least, do only one play-through on the easier difficulties. I play on Master. I die. A. Lot. Lol.

Sorry for the rambling, I used to play a LOT of Skyrim. XD
Back to top Go down

DarkSoul

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 11:10 am

Evil wrote:
Keep in mind, I play without the DLC. I used to play constantly, but I don't play nearly as much anymore and don't find it worth it to spend money on the DLC for a game I rarely play now.

I tend to play very basic builds, such as a Redguard Warrior, utilizing One-Handed, Block, some Light Armor, and Smithing, though there are plenty more powerful classes, I prefer this simplistic way of dealing with the game. I have gotten to level 81 twice with this build legitimately, and like a billion times through use of the Oghma Infinium exploit.

Other builds that I enjoy are:

Khajiit Thief, focusing heavily on One-Handed, some Archery, Stealth, Light Armor, Speech (Believe it or not, this is useful) Lock-Picking, and Pickpocket.

High Elf Mage, focusing heavily on Conjuration and Destruction, some dabbling in other schools for certain perks or spells. (The Bound Dremora is pure power. If you use a Mage, you definitely have to try that spell.) Enchanting for gear to raise Magicka and Magicka Regen.

Dark Elf Assassin, focusing heavily on Light Armor, Archery, SOME One-Handed (Until Archery is high enough for speed perks if I get rushed), Alchemy (Hard to level and tedious, but insanely powerful if used correctly).

The most powerful is probably the Alchemy/Conjuration/Destruction High Elf. I used it twice, it's VERY fun. But I still prefer an up-close-and-personal blade user.

Almost every build imaginable (At least if it's functional) falls into 1 of 4 categories, which are: Warrior, Thief, Assassin, and Mage. Some fall in 2, but if you can see your character in more than that, you probably won't have enough perk points to get everything you need. (Again, this is without the DLC and Legendary Levels) Do the Guild Quests that your character fits in FIRST (because you get great gear for your character), then do the main quest line, then do whatever floats your boat. If you have Dawnguard, I'd throw the Vampire quest line in there somewhere to get Vampire Lord mode early on. I often times break this rule and do the main quest line first, but that's with a LOT of experience with the game.

One last tip: DON'T play the game on the easier 2 difficulties. It makes it so that you can complete the game easily with any rag-tag build, which really isn't any fun. At the very least, do only one play-through on the easier difficulties. I play on Master. I die. A. Lot. Lol.

Sorry for the rambling, I used to play a LOT of Skyrim. XD

Woah, and no problem for the rambling, to be honest this was intended as a spam topic for members to gain activity on, why else would I ask what other RPG's everyone plays? Razz That and well i'm just plain ol' curious. However, I do play with all 3 of the DLC's lol. I do also plan on becoming a vampire as soon as I can, they get so many benefits. Extra resistance to fire on top of Dunmer blood, yes please. Very Happy I commend you on your no-life'ery. Razz All jokes aside, I am sure you have a fantastic life.

Fluff Fluff wrote:
Can pokemon count as a RPG? .-.

*slaying dragons and shit got old and boring after I was 17 but thats just me*

Yes, Pokemon can count as an RPG, I play both often and I am only 15 coincidentally. Razz

Superion Maximus wrote:
XD i have Oblivion and a complete strategy Guide i got from my cousin but iv'e never played it XD.

as for rpgs i used to play alot of stuff like Dungeon siege or Planescape torment or That Gba game whose name i always forget XD.

You upset me, how can you not have even once played that epic game? ;-; And Adventure Quest Worlds is nice, the title reminds me of Adventure Time lol.
Back to top Go down

Dovahkiin

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 1:53 pm

The DLC makes the adventure much better, Dawnguard is about a guild called the Dawnguard and either fighting or joining with a group of ancient Vampires. Healthfire DLC allows you to buy your own home and lastly Dragonborn is from my opinion the best, where to travel to a new island (forgot the name lol) and fight with Miraak(the first Dragonborn).

@Evil: Lol I don't know what you don't know about the game yet, I mean reaching Lvl81 legitimately tells me much, you should consider at least buying Dragonborn, it's fun and you can have your own home there by completing one of the island quests.

Speaking of my favourite character, Nord one handed with a sword and Magic, going to the college of Winterhold and collecting the powerful spells and mastering destruction and restoration, I sometimes like to use a Bow.

Here's some of my Youtube uploads of the game:

Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Superion
HP:
The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim Left_bar_bleue1000/1000The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 2:07 pm

DarkSoul wrote:
Superion Maximus wrote:

You upset me, how can you not have even once played that epic game? ;-; And Adventure Quest Worlds is nice, the title reminds me of Adventure Time lol.

Its quite simply a matter of what works on my comp and what dosnt XD
Back to top Go down

DarkSoul

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 10:57 am

Dovahkiin wrote:
The DLC makes the adventure much better, Dawnguard is about a guild called the Dawnguard and either fighting or joining with a group of ancient Vampires. Healthfire DLC allows you to buy your own home and lastly Dragonborn is from my opinion the best, where to travel to a new island (forgot the name lol) and fight with Miraak(the first Dragonborn).

@Evil: Lol I don't know what you don't know about the game yet, I mean reaching Lvl81 legitimately tells me much, you should consider at least buying Dragonborn, it's fun and you can have your own home there by completing one of the island quests.

Speaking of my favourite character, Nord one handed with a sword and Magic, going to the college of Winterhold and collecting the powerful spells and mastering destruction and restoration, I sometimes like to use a Bow.

Here's some of my Youtube uploads of the game:

I'm doing the Dragonborn quest at the moment, well, I was before I got distracted by the College of Winterhold quest line.

I've cleared out Miraak's temple and traveled to his strange dimensional plane thing, lol. Now I just have to learn the word of power that he did.
Back to top Go down

Dovahkiin

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 2:42 pm

As far as I remember, there's about 7 Black books, each one of them grants different abilities + tons of other side quests that gives you some special weapons but I won't spoil it for you, anyway be prepared and fully equipped against Miraak, he's tough.
Back to top Go down

DarkSoul

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 9:39 am

Sounds good, and thanks, I watched you fight against him, firstly though I want to get my smithing to at least lvl 90 for you guessed it, Daedric armour.
Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 5:00 am

Dovah, I like your video (and I love how your equipment is enchanted almost exactly like my Redguard's is) but have you considered using and mic and doing commentaries in them?

(I havent watched any others, so if you DO use a mic in others, ignore this comment)

EDIT: Maybe I'll see if I can't get someone to gameshare with me for zeh DLC soon and try getting back into it.
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 8:49 pm

No fans of dragonscale armor Sad ?

<
(I just got skyrim not too long ago, I had to deal with this guy named Thonnir for about half of it because freaking vampires are hard to kill! Also, I had to deal with turning into a vampire for a while...I thought i'd have to restart at first but luckily I saved it right before I fought this named dragon "Sahloknir " or something like that.)

Darn you Alduin Neutral
Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 10:22 pm

Dragon Armor isn't as powerful as Daedric. Idk if it got anything useful in the DLCs, but in the vanilla version, the only reason it requires a higher smithing skill than Daedric is that it offers both heavy and light armor sets.
Back to top Go down

Dovahkiin

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 10:23 pm

It's true that the Daedric armor is stronger than Dragonscale armor, but the DLC grants access to Dragonscale weapons that have stronger stats then the Daedric weapons.

@Evil: I only opened my channel for fun causes to test games on my current rig(PC gamer) not to do Walkthroughs with commentary. Also, the DLCs add much more interesting content to the game. I am sure you'll love it.

Note: The weapons in the video aren't that good as the ones I had before I stopped playing, It was almost double the enchants and stats so yeah Razz
Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 10:28 pm

Dont do walkthroughs lol. It's just more entertaining to watch with commentary. And it's not that I won't like the DLC, I'm just broke.
Back to top Go down

DarkSoul

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 4:57 am

Yeah, Daedric also looks flipping amazing. Currently, I am doing the vampire questline, I am a master vampire myself and am now level 20, I swapped from using my sparks spell to using a one-handed sword and swapped my Flames spell for an Adept leveled Firebolt, damn that thing is fun to use. I am up to locating the Dragon Elder Scroll at the moment with Serena.

Edit: I am now level 25, finished the Vampire Questline and am now the proud owner of the Castle Knovikle or whatever it is Razz I have gotten my smithing to legendary status and before that I had smithed daedric armor and a daedric sword. I am currently doing the Thieves Guild questline and eagerly awaiting to hit level 46 so I can receive Chillrend, the most powerful sword in Skyrim in my opinion. Excluding Miraak's sword in the DLC, Dragonborn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim Empty

Back to top Go down

The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1