Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Yu-Gi-Oh Arc V Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Yu-Gi-Oh Arc V Discussion   Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:56 am

First topic message reminder :

Alright, i've been wanting to ask this for a while (This morning to be precise....). I wanted to know how everyone felt about this new anime (Every aspect, down to the entertainment dueling). I already know how 99.9% of you felt of Zexal (IT SUCKED! But the villains were decent. The Main Character was horrible for no reason. He pretty much sucked by himself. Some would argue the same for Yugi, but he already was good.) Pretty much everyone but Gobot (Aka Superion Maximus) hated it with the bottom of their hearts.

So...Post what you think about it here.

For those of you who didn't watch it yet: http://www.goodanime.net/yu-gi-oh-arc-v-episode-1

Spammers Beware!

Might get 'em in church or something. We heard the deacon speaking. I'm Donnie McClurkin frontin'~ Kidd Kirigaya

Fun Guide: http://i.imgur.com/ek2yNp0.png
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Kill Matronix
HP:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh Arc V Discussion   Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:23 pm

impossible. konami couldn't hit rock bottom. not yet at least. they still have arc V to end

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Superion
HP:
1000/1000  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh Arc V Discussion   Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:53 pm

Ventriloquist wrote:
Ok, on As personal level. I found Yuma to be annoying. His vice actors, both of them. And his general childishness. However, that's just me. I'm not too fond of idiocy, or innocence. Both of which, fan or not, you must admit Yuma personified. Yugi on the other hand, though innocent, had his dark side, the pharaoh. That said, I wasn't terribly find of "Yugi Moto" either. And it's safe to say I was also not a Jaden fan. Out f the main characters, if you take away the pharaoh, his is hands down my favorite character, then my new favorite becomes Yusie, no doubt about it.

But getting back on track, my own personal motions aside. I simply wasn't a fan of the fact Yuma was supposed to be the "Hero" and rarely every acted like one. Sure, he was brave. But bravery is a rather useless, if not novel and even dangerous emotion at best. Bravery, does not guarantee your success. Something Zexal seemed to like to stress. That if you just keep trying, and reach for the sky, you might just actually make it. Truth behind the story is you might also die. Or fail. Perhaps even fail so hard it beaks your spirit, sends you spiraling into a loop of positive feed back where your own, suffocating negative emotions feed themselves, and you realize... For the first time... Your childish dreams amount to nothing but unobtainable fantasy.

Basically, there just wasn't enough darkness in the anime for me. What little they did have  usually seemed manic or insane. When in reality, despair and sadness can be MUCH more subtle. Something the ORIGINAL series demonstrated well.

So yea, a happy go lucky, blissfully ignorant, hopeful cheerful main character who always magically wins even when he sucks... Just wasn't for me. Now, if your into the whole bright cheerful thing, I can understand how zexal was appealing. And yes, I watched the series. There were moments where I enjoyed it a lot. And over all, I'm happy I watched it. But out of the current series, Yuma is prolly. Y least favorite character. Again, needed a touch of darkness.

OH AND ONE MORE THING THAT PISSED ME OFF!

zexal copied dragon ball z. And don't EVEN try and tell me the didn't. Let's look at the obvious. All known fact. Yumas eyes change colors, his hair turns gold, he gets a golden, flame like aura. And he can fly.

But then there's the secret, more subtle mockery they put in there. You as dad. Aka, voiced by the same voice actor as Goku, whom coincidentally hasn't done crap with his career in years.

Neutral

That sort or hit a nerve, cuz DBZ holds a special place in my heart, being a 90s kid and all.

Now, concerning arc V I'll elaborate more in my next post and cut this one short. Due to the fact I've already made you guys read a pretty lengthy rant. But in short. People resist change, and I like it. The main character having a "eyes" dragon is interesting, and adds a bit of mystery I'd like to know more about. The art work this time round is nicely done. I liked zexals as well. The pendulum summoning itself is a cool concept to me, and the entertainment duels is also not so bad to me. Because the show is trying to emphasis WHY people duel. Making a global economic industry is a perfect way to do that, and there is no bigger industry than entertainment.

If we had giant real life monsters that lived in cards, you guys know for a fact it would be on tv. XD so I find it realistic, rather than stupid.

So there :p

#ArcVFTW

(@Don see this is what an actual reason looks like)

Well i feel like i should make a post about why i liked it now Very Happy

at the beginning i really only watched it for the cool looking number summons and before long i got invested in the story (About the time utopia ray and dark mist) the beginning could have probably been darker but near the middle and at the end i found it more then dark enough for a kids show.

2 fathers makes a deal with a devil one out of hatred and one out of love.

a prince sees his father kill his mother before his own eyes.

the other 6 who had to die just because they were great people

in some ways eliphias

the only one who bares the mark of chaos willingly

3 sons fighting to get their father back and one more fighting to save his brothers life

Numbers basically mindrape people to do their bidding XD

Kite steals souls

these are just some examples i felt like posting.

anyway the one reason i liked zexal above all other reasons i didnt post is because the message of hope is not only one i had to learn the hard way but its one of the best lessons i may have ever learned. It may cause you to fall flat on your face sometimes but it can also lead you to some of the greatest victorys you may ever have. Yuma may be happy go lucky but no matter the despair or odds he faces he will stand up with firm belief in a force that can shape the future.

Soul shining with hope! It covers all things in nature, and becomes the power to lead the future!

When a person embraces a dream that exists beyond hope, a new future appears far off in the distance! Go beyond the limits and seize that future in your own hands!

(Also zexal II Dosn't have yellow hair
Spoiler:

and zexal III is supposed to look like utopia so wings + nearly a full yellow body
Spoiler:

)

and now for why i dislike arc v so far

Arc v might be full of darkness and those hidden terms kids wont get but the reason i dislike it so far
is because the animation looks wierd (see odd eyes pendulum summon) and because i hate his deck with a passion. i will watch a few more episodes so i can know whether i like the character and story because i like to give everything atleast a chance but 1 episode is way to early to judge these things on. (Atleast with zexal i had a door to tell me something great was gonna happen. all i got in the first episode of arc v is that he misses his father)

Edit: I'm dying of laughter here XD the second arc  episode answered a question i had about the usefulness of pendulum summons "What happens when you dont get the scales you need to summon your monsters"

The answer "You fail miserably" XD

Guest owes me money!

[06:28:59] C.C. : Hero. Muh may be a troll. But the man knowxs damned well how to duel.
[06:29:03] C.C. : Why isn't he in?

[22:24:47 19/04/14] * Superion Maximus bitchslaps all of u
[22:25:11 19/04/14] DarkSoul : That bitchslap echoed throughout all space and summoned Palkia
My favourite images

Official 7th gym leader of the ODA League

Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh Arc V Discussion   Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:08 pm

Mmm,

The one of the main things I don't like about Yuma, he is dumb for no reason Very Happy . This guy is because it's a defensive mechanism! SO people don't laugh at him but with him. Yuma.....has none.....also does anyone figure out what happens to his dad?

BTW

Leave all your discussion problems with vent, he can win over just about anyone Razz

Spammers Beware!

Might get 'em in church or something. We heard the deacon speaking. I'm Donnie McClurkin frontin'~ Kidd Kirigaya

Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
HP:
1000/1000  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh Arc V Discussion   Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:01 pm

the fact that you dont know what happened to yumas dad just shows how early you stopped watching XD. Also yuya has successfully outdumbed yuma by failing with his own cards XD

Guest owes me money!

[06:28:59] C.C. : Hero. Muh may be a troll. But the man knowxs damned well how to duel.

[22:25:11 19/04/14] DarkSoul : That bitchslap echoed throughout all space and summoned Palkia
My favourite images

Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh Arc V Discussion   Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:15 am

Superion Maximus wrote:
the fact that you dont know what happened to yumas dad just shows how early you stopped watching XD. Also yuya has successfully outdumbed yuma by failing with his own cards XD

Nah, i'm still watching Zexal...I'm too enthralled by Barians to stop....

Spammers Beware!

Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
HP:
1000/1000  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh Arc V Discussion   Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:51 am

We find out what happens to kazuma before we even meet a barian XD.

Guest owes me money!

My favourite images

Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Kill Matronix
HP:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh Arc V Discussion   Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:04 am

muh's right. faker and vetrix were the main villains before barians. we find out what happened to kazuma (though i dk what happened) when we find out that faker was controlled by barians

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh Arc V Discussion   

Back to top Go down

Yu-Gi-Oh Arc V Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Duel Academy :: General and Misc :: Miscellaneous Archive :: Off Topic-