Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!


Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.
 
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Let's Talk YuGiOh

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Ventriloquist

Zed

Posts : 994
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2012-12-02
Location : USA

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
100/100  (100/100)
Age:

PostSubject: Let's Talk YuGiOh   Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:48 am

So as I'm hoping most of you know by now. There's going to be a few rules changes made to the game, and TCG will likely be getting them before long. That all said I'd like you guy's input on the matter, and just sort of talk about possible ups and well as downs of it all.

First and for most, the starting player does not draw.  Meaning no longer do both players start with 6 cards. You beat me in Rock-Paper-Scissors, and you get 5 cards. You end your turn, and I draw my 6th. O_O Do you people EVEN realize how much of a difference that is going to make? My... god.

Secondly is now we can have 2 field spell cards active at the same time. Also very interesting though personally I'm not quite sure how I feel on this matter just yet.

Anyway. Share some of your thoughts, and ideas and such. ^.^


"There is no greater feeling of loneliness, than not knowing one's self."

Official 1st Gym Leader of ODA
Everybody Lies:
 
Back to top Go down
http://Chatango.com - Ventriloquist

Zeno

Moderator

Posts : 2183
Reputation : 30
Join date : 2013-01-26
Age : 48
Location : Digital World

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
100/100  (100/100)
Age: 19

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk YuGiOh   Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:04 pm

I hate the 2 field spells at once. Ruins, EVERYTHING

One thing I've always loved, playing another field spell to take yours down. Now how the hell can the seal of orichalcos be beaten so easily? I have honestly no idea Neutral I think both rules are a bad idea. Also Neutral doesn't the first turn player have enough of a problem? He already cant attack not drawing all 5 cards is just.....bonkas.






Spammers Beware!

Might get 'em in church or something. We heard the deacon speaking. I'm Donnie McClurkin frontin'~ Kidd Kirigaya

Fun Guide: http://i.imgur.com/ek2yNp0.png
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Posts : 3080
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-09-21
Age : 21
Location : Cybertron

Character Sheet
Name: Superion
HP:
1000/1000  (1000/1000)
Age: 2 million

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk YuGiOh   Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:54 pm

i like the 2 field spell thing and im probably still gonna choose to go first cause making plays without worry of traps is just something i like


Guest owes me money!



[06:28:59] C.C. : Hero. Muh may be a troll. But the man knowxs damned well how to duel.
[06:29:03] C.C. : Why isn't he in?

[22:24:47 19/04/14] * Superion Maximus bitchslaps all of u
[22:25:11 19/04/14] DarkSoul : That bitchslap echoed throughout all space and summoned Palkia
My favourite images

Official 7th gym leader of the ODA League

Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Posts : 994
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2012-12-02
Location : USA

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
100/100  (100/100)
Age:

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk YuGiOh   Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:20 pm

OK well a good duelist will evolve with the game. So get ready, because these rule changes are NOT something you can fight. They are mandatory.

As for going first.... sure you can play your traps. 5 of them max. But you also cannot attack.

So now the second turn player gets an AUTOMATIC plus 1. And then the first opportunity to attack.

As for the field thing yea, seal is going to be OP as hell. But I still think its an interesting change. I'm not sure WHAT i think about it yet, my brother and I are going to play a few duels using the new rules and see what we think about it.


"There is no greater feeling of loneliness, than not knowing one's self."

Official 1st Gym Leader of ODA
Everybody Lies:
 
Back to top Go down
http://Chatango.com - Ventriloquist

Superion Maximus

Leona

Posts : 3080
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-09-21
Age : 21
Location : Cybertron

Character Sheet
Name: Superion
HP:
1000/1000  (1000/1000)
Age: 2 million

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk YuGiOh   Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:23 pm

its more about avoiding traps then playing them first XD


Guest owes me money!



[06:28:59] C.C. : Hero. Muh may be a troll. But the man knowxs damned well how to duel.
[06:29:03] C.C. : Why isn't he in?

[22:24:47 19/04/14] * Superion Maximus bitchslaps all of u
[22:25:11 19/04/14] DarkSoul : That bitchslap echoed throughout all space and summoned Palkia
My favourite images

Official 7th gym leader of the ODA League

Back to top Go down

Zeno

Moderator

Posts : 2183
Reputation : 30
Join date : 2013-01-26
Age : 48
Location : Digital World

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
100/100  (100/100)
Age: 19

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk YuGiOh   Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:43 pm

Ventriloquist wrote:
OK well a good duelist will evolve with the game. So get ready, because these rule changes are NOT something you can fight. They are mandatory.

As for going first.... sure you can play your traps. 5 of them max. But you also cannot attack.

So now the second turn player gets an AUTOMATIC plus 1. And then the first opportunity to attack.

As for the field thing yea, seal is going to be OP as hell. But I still think its an interesting change. I'm not sure WHAT i think about it yet, my brother and I are going to play a few duels using the new rules and see what we think about it.

T.T Think about all the necrovalley's man! I'll treat this like I first treated XYZ when I started using em. I won't like it, I'll adjust to it though Neutral .






Spammers Beware!

Might get 'em in church or something. We heard the deacon speaking. I'm Donnie McClurkin frontin'~ Kidd Kirigaya

Fun Guide: http://i.imgur.com/ek2yNp0.png
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Posts : 4045
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-10-07
Age : 24
Location : Mist Valley

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
0/0  (0/0)
Age: 20

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk YuGiOh   Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:51 pm

I think it's overall unnecessary. They kept the game the same for like 12-13 years of me playing it and then they decide let's screw it up. Going first and not drawing could give a real disadvantage. On top of that, I agree with Don. Replacing a field spell was a way you could get game. Black Garden, Necrovalley, Gates of Dark World, and multiple others I've stopped by simply slapping my own field spell down. Not only does it temporarily stop their plays but it gives you field advantage. Everyone will usually go first in this day and age of yugioh but now more people might start choosing to go second over the simple advantage factor of 1 card. Who knows how it'll play out.
Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Posts : 994
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2012-12-02
Location : USA

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
100/100  (100/100)
Age:

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk YuGiOh   Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:55 pm

Yea dude the field thing changes everything too O_O...

Like, it completely changes how the FLOW of using field cards works. But maybe they have something planned? Konami that is. Maybe they know something we don't I'm not sure yet but I agree with the fact that it's altering the game in a BIG way.


"There is no greater feeling of loneliness, than not knowing one's self."

Official 1st Gym Leader of ODA
Everybody Lies:
 
Back to top Go down
http://Chatango.com - Ventriloquist

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Posts : 4045
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-10-07
Age : 24
Location : Mist Valley

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
0/0  (0/0)
Age: 20

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk YuGiOh   Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:11 pm

Yea idek how I'm going to adjust. Like i'll figure out how to work it but it'll be weird. I'll have to plan how to use all of my cards in retrospect of the new rules.
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Posts : 3080
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-09-21
Age : 21
Location : Cybertron

Character Sheet
Name: Superion
HP:
1000/1000  (1000/1000)
Age: 2 million

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk YuGiOh   Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:42 pm

im okay with the field thing truthfully my scrap factory shall be harder to destroy.


Guest owes me money!



[06:28:59] C.C. : Hero. Muh may be a troll. But the man knowxs damned well how to duel.
[06:29:03] C.C. : Why isn't he in?

[22:24:47 19/04/14] * Superion Maximus bitchslaps all of u
[22:25:11 19/04/14] DarkSoul : That bitchslap echoed throughout all space and summoned Palkia
My favourite images

Official 7th gym leader of the ODA League

Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Posts : 4045
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-10-07
Age : 24
Location : Mist Valley

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
0/0  (0/0)
Age: 20

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk YuGiOh   Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:00 pm

It'll pretty much limit the way to kill a field spell to the casual MST. Fml.
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Posts : 3080
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-09-21
Age : 21
Location : Cybertron

Character Sheet
Name: Superion
HP:
1000/1000  (1000/1000)
Age: 2 million

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk YuGiOh   Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:19 pm

lets not forget field nukes and mass negation


Guest owes me money!



[06:28:59] C.C. : Hero. Muh may be a troll. But the man knowxs damned well how to duel.
[06:29:03] C.C. : Why isn't he in?

[22:24:47 19/04/14] * Superion Maximus bitchslaps all of u
[22:25:11 19/04/14] DarkSoul : That bitchslap echoed throughout all space and summoned Palkia
My favourite images

Official 7th gym leader of the ODA League

Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Posts : 4045
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-10-07
Age : 24
Location : Mist Valley

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
0/0  (0/0)
Age: 20

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk YuGiOh   Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:55 pm

That too. But if I was running a deck that revolved around field advantage it would give me another edge. I mean yea there's no more competition for field spell decks going up against each other but is that really a good thing? Having two active field spells giving massive advantages to each deck.. I just dunno how that's gonna work out .-.
Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Posts : 994
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2012-12-02
Location : USA

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
100/100  (100/100)
Age:

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk YuGiOh   Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:24 pm

Perhaps konami plans on making fields cards more integral? Like a mass release of new field cards. I wouldn't put it past them. And seems like something they may be gearing up for.

Then there's the new pendulum monsters. Have you guys seen these things? Monster/spells with an effect for each. I'm rather excited for them myself Smile


"There is no greater feeling of loneliness, than not knowing one's self."

Official 1st Gym Leader of ODA
Everybody Lies:
 
Back to top Go down
http://Chatango.com - Ventriloquist

Potato

Lucian

Posts : 580
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2013-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk YuGiOh   Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:41 pm

Stop complaining n learn to play guys. A big disadvantage for both isn't possible, it'll still be even. Now going first also means you don't have game so easily. There are also very few field spells that matter enough to make an impact. Seals going to be op? Seal is bad n we all know that. Citadel of endymion seems like it might make a comeback though.


Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Posts : 4045
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-10-07
Age : 24
Location : Mist Valley

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
0/0  (0/0)
Age: 20

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk YuGiOh   Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:47 pm

Citadel and Necrovalley I honestly see as the two biggest competitors. Maybe even that Crystal Beast field spell too.
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Moderator

Posts : 4394
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2013-08-31
Location : Hokage Mansion

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
100/100  (100/100)
Age:

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk YuGiOh   Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:14 pm

I don't like it tbh but I'll give it a chance. I would now prefer to go second, more cards and able to attack. Traps are the only good thing and I am an aggro player who prefers more power over control (Unless its Hero beat).

The field spell thing is also weird. I like how you could get rid of stuff like TSoO and Rainbow ruins but now you cant even do that.

Also I heard konami is completely changing the card design... so all cards used now will apparently will be illegal?




-Knowledge and awareness are vague, and perhaps better called illusions. Everyone lives within their own subjective interpretation-
Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Posts : 994
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2012-12-02
Location : USA

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
100/100  (100/100)
Age:

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk YuGiOh   Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:15 am

Supposedly they are going to make the card text "easier to read" again... What that means exactly as far as a ban list going I'm not sure. But basically they will be updating the PSCT again o.o at least that's the way I understood it.


"There is no greater feeling of loneliness, than not knowing one's self."

Official 1st Gym Leader of ODA
Everybody Lies:
 
Back to top Go down
http://Chatango.com - Ventriloquist

Amaterasu

Moderator

Posts : 4394
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2013-08-31
Location : Hokage Mansion

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
100/100  (100/100)
Age:

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk YuGiOh   Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:39 am

Ventriloquist wrote:
Supposedly they are going to make the card text "easier to read" again... What that means exactly as far as a ban list going I'm not sure. But basically they will be updating the PSCT again o.o at least that's the way I understood it.

No, I heard they are literally changing the card appearance to look like magic the gathering cards. Completely different style of cards would essentially mean that the cards used now will become illegal. I may be wrong but this is what I heard.




-Knowledge and awareness are vague, and perhaps better called illusions. Everyone lives within their own subjective interpretation-
Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Posts : 994
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2012-12-02
Location : USA

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
100/100  (100/100)
Age:

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk YuGiOh   Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:31 pm

Hero wrote:
Ventriloquist wrote:
Supposedly they are going to make the card text "easier to read" again... What that means exactly as far as a ban list going I'm not sure. But basically they will be updating the PSCT again o.o at least that's the way I understood it.

No, I heard they are literally changing the card appearance to look like magic the gathering cards. Completely different style of cards would essentially mean that the cards used now will become illegal. I may be wrong but this is what I heard.



The only think I know for SURE concerning "Changing the way cards look" are the following facts.


1: Text is going to be edited to make "Easier to read" another confirmation on this is that the test will be "Numbered" Meaning cards that have multiple effects will now state. [1], [2]. < Like such. How this is going to effect cards already in circulation, i honestly don't know.

2: Gemini monsters are dual Spells/Monsters. The top half of the card is colored like an effect monster. Tan, brown whatever you want to call that monster card color. And it fades into the color of a spell. The greenish color we are used to. By playing a Pendulum monster in the monster card zone, they have effects, which as of right now, effect your pendulum zone. Where as playing them in the pendulum zone, they have effects as a spell that effect the monster zone... effects like and I quote. "While this card is in the pendulum zone, and one of your monsters declare an attack. During the battle phase only, your opponent cannot activate trap cards." That's me paraphrasing however.


O_O its nuts. I can provide links if you'd want. I've been studying this crap for the past 2 days.


"There is no greater feeling of loneliness, than not knowing one's self."

Official 1st Gym Leader of ODA
Everybody Lies:
 
Back to top Go down
http://Chatango.com - Ventriloquist

Amaterasu

Moderator

Posts : 4394
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2013-08-31
Location : Hokage Mansion

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
100/100  (100/100)
Age:

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk YuGiOh   Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:46 pm

Ventriloquist wrote:
Hero wrote:
Ventriloquist wrote:
Supposedly they are going to make the card text "easier to read" again... What that means exactly as far as a ban list going I'm not sure. But basically they will be updating the PSCT again o.o at least that's the way I understood it.

No, I heard they are literally changing the card appearance to look like magic the gathering cards. Completely different style of cards would essentially mean that the cards used now will become illegal. I may be wrong but this is what I heard.



The only think I know for SURE concerning "Changing the way cards look" are the following facts.


1: Text is going to be edited to make "Easier to read" another confirmation on this is that the test will be "Numbered" Meaning cards that have multiple effects will now state. [1], [2]. < Like such. How this is going to effect cards already in circulation, i honestly don't know.

2: Gemini monsters are dual Spells/Monsters. The top half of the card is colored like an effect monster. Tan, brown whatever you want to call that monster card color. And it fades into the color of a spell. The greenish color we are used to. By playing a Pendulum monster in the monster card zone, they have effects, which as of right now, effect your pendulum zone. Where as playing them in the pendulum zone, they have effects as a spell that effect the monster zone... effects like and I quote. "While this card is in the pendulum zone, and one of your monsters declare an attack. During the battle phase only, your opponent cannot activate trap cards." That's me paraphrasing however.


O_O its nuts. I can provide links if you'd want. I've been studying this crap for the past 2 days.

Lol. Guess its not that bad. I thought they would completely change the card design making us rebuy all cards or something. Anyway thanks for the information.




-Knowledge and awareness are vague, and perhaps better called illusions. Everyone lives within their own subjective interpretation-
Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Posts : 994
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2012-12-02
Location : USA

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
100/100  (100/100)
Age:

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk YuGiOh   Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:19 pm

No prob. Hopefully the new stuff is enjoyable Very Happy


"There is no greater feeling of loneliness, than not knowing one's self."

Official 1st Gym Leader of ODA
Everybody Lies:
 
Back to top Go down
http://Chatango.com - Ventriloquist
Sponsored content



PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk YuGiOh   

Back to top Go down
 

Let's Talk YuGiOh

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Duel Academy :: General and Misc :: Miscellaneous Archive :: Off Topic-