Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slifer first class day.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Evil

Leona

Slifer first class day. Empty
PostSubject: Slifer first class day.   Slifer first class day. EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 1:05 am

I know I am a bit slow on this so sorry. I've been in mourning and haven't felt much up to it.

This is the Slifer's first lesson. I will discuss the important of effect veiler and the solemn trio.

Veiler first. Not the best at lessons so bear with me. First: anyone had that one card that is overly abused? That one monster you can't seem to get rid of and that is always the key in OTK? Veiler says no. And it's superior to most traps because it is safe from MST and the opponant can't easily get rid of it because it isn't even on the field at activation it starts in the hand. Also while mostly so, it isn't completely uselesss on something like a vanilla deck because you can still normal summon and sync with it; it's a tuner.

The Solemn trio: hopefully you know the trio includes the Judgment you are allowed and the double Warnings. First, both traaps are counter traps, allowing them to be activated and become more safe from any spell speed two or lower responses like Shi En. Judgment stops nearly anything though it CAN miss it's timing on quite a few cards if the summon wasn't the last thing to happen. Judgment can stop EVERY big play there is, with protection from MST, Heavy Storm, etc. Now, Warning DOES NOT have the flaw in summoning mistiming that Judgment has. As far as I know, Warning can't miss it's timing, in any circumstance. No the thing that intimidates many Slifer level duelists from these cards is the LP cost. It's absolutely huge. I plan to explain in a later lesson as to WHY this doesn't matter a lot but but for now, oremember: card advantage, which is having a fuller field and hand is WAY more important than LP. However be smart about your plays. Do NOT waste cards like these on simple summons unless that summon can hurt, and in Judgment's case spells and traps too. Also: Don't use Judgment with high LP unless its really important you do.

Homework is simple. I want a screenshot of using one of either the solemn trio or veiler stopping what could be a big play, and a screenshot of winning that same duel. Also explain what the big play or problem the card posed had you not stopped it. Good luck and this is worth 50 OD.

Also if any of you can complete the Ra homework I will award 60 OD and for the Obelisk homework 75 OD. Make sure you post it in THAT homework thread with a link to here explaining that I said this. If they approve the assignment, I'll award the OD. MAKE SURE THEY DON'T. Good luck.
Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Slifer first class day.   Slifer first class day. EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 2:12 am

~Bump. Come on you Slifer Slackers do your work, or at least post that you read :O
Back to top Go down

RobDev

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Slifer first class day.   Slifer first class day. EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 2:23 am

i read it Razz and i am no slacker when it comes to acctual school and i tried to do the work but none of the solomn trio didn't want to be drawn
Back to top Go down

Monkey D. Luffy

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Slifer first class day.   Slifer first class day. EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 2:32 am

If i may suggest using the Solemn Trio can easily kill you, when used inappropriately
If you try to use them all in the same duel, you will kill your self and the Solemn Trio will become the next SD (Self Destruction)

I would say only if you try to activate it and you come up with a bad hand, in which i mean you don't successfully get any monsters that you can:
1) Inflict quite a few damage
2) cause a combo
3) excellent comeback
4) negate summoning
etc...

What i mean here is an example of bad usage of the Solemn Trio:
Solemn Trio
8000 <---max health

Judgement
8000-4000= 4000 <--- Health

Warning
4000-2000= 2000 <---- Health

Warning (2)
2000-2000= 0 <--- Health you lose

Using the trio improperly like, will cost you the duel.
i don't relatively use Judgement, but warning i can use quite a few times.
Use it wisely, and make sure you ALWAYS have a plan B, I know I'm not much of a teacher let alone a motivational coach, but when I see something I can explain easily, I go for it.
Best of Luck Slifer Red
Back to top Go down

RobDev

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Slifer first class day.   Slifer first class day. EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 2:38 am

i would never use the solemn trio like that i would use the warnings first thats much smarter and then use the judge so ti would go like

warning 8000-2000=6000
warning 6000-2000=4000
judgement 4000-2000=2000

it makes sure your life doesn't die because judge takes half never use them in order of judge first
Back to top Go down

Monkey D. Luffy

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Slifer first class day.   Slifer first class day. EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 2:40 am

That's why I gave that as a bad example of Solemn Trio.
Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Slifer first class day.   Slifer first class day. EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 2:42 am

Huh! Good explanation! I partially agree with you, on your usage however. I normally keep two solemns. One judgment and one warning or double warning. Used responsibly, these are easily the best traps in the area of stopping summons.

And thank you two for posting, I appreciate it. Also dev lol the charactrs of GX cal the Slifers Slifer Slackers. Wasn't an insult.
Back to top Go down

Monkey D. Luffy

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Slifer first class day.   Slifer first class day. EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 2:49 am

Anytime and If you need me to explain anything else feel free to PM me, I'm always available now that I have my ipod back again.
Back to top Go down

Sasori

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Slifer first class day.   Slifer first class day. EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 4:26 am

One thing to add, Solemns can cancel each other out since they are the same speed. If your opponent activates a Judgement or a Warning, you can counter with either your own Judgement, or another counter trap card.
Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Slifer first class day.   Slifer first class day. EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 7:38 pm

Thx for your additions guys. Also Slifers dont forget to do this and tell me what you would like your next lesson to be about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slifer first class day.   Slifer first class day. EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 2:58 pm

Im trying to find a deck I really like to play. But every deck I make is just not good for this format. Can any body help me.
Back to top Go down

Sasori

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Slifer first class day.   Slifer first class day. EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 3:47 pm

You need to post this in a different topic
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slifer first class day.   Slifer first class day. Empty

Back to top Go down

Slifer first class day.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Duel Academy :: General and Misc :: Dorm Archive :: Slifer Red :: Class Room-