Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Forum Lead By The People

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
A Forum Lead By The People Left_bar_bleue100/100A Forum Lead By The People Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
A Forum Lead By The People Empty
PostSubject: A Forum Lead By The People   A Forum Lead By The People EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 7:32 pm

Great men once said, " We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." They spoke to a tyrannical Government, and sought to chance it. We now follow in their footsteps.

We, members of the online community should be allowed similar freedoms. Similar to those taken by the forefathers of great nations. The freedom of Life, Liberty, and The Pursuit of Happiness. This is to say that no man, nor woman holds the right to tell another how or if to live. Or whether or not they may be free to do as the please, say as they please. And That we are indeed allowed pursuit of that which we desire to live a happy fulfilling life. To keep watch over these principles as system is often and will in this case be created. A Chosen few, whom shall derive their powers from those whom chose. The system shall not Rule it's people, but the people shall indeed Rule their system. If at any time those Chosen prove themselves to be corrupt leading to a mockery or the destruction of the aforementioned truths it lies within the hands of the people(members) to alter of to abolish those Chosen, instituting new leaders who will in fact protect the right of the members to be Safe,Secure,Free,Happy - and follow the path laid out for them not by them. It is also our duty as members to not overturn the Chosen for lighthearted or for peaty matters. Because it has been proven that nothing is perfect so though there may be struggles; they will be endured and overcome; rather than throwing out those who lead us over trivial things. But in the case that a long train of tyranny or dictatorship proves itself harmful to the people without realizing itself to be this way; it is given the right to the people to overthrow such Systems and elect new Guards to watch over these rights for future days to come.

This is being written now because it has been such suffrage of the members of this community to be lead by those unwilling to admit fault, unwilling to turn over a new leaf or unwilling to pass the torch on to those more capable. To ensure that this never happens again; that this forum may prosper and grow. ODA will henceforth be a forum lead by the people, for the people, and of the people. Forever more in days to come.

We do therefore the people of this site claim this document as Truth to be upheld. That future generations may look upon and know what we fight for and hold above all else. Freedom. Joy. Life. This shall be shown by name; hereby attached to this document so that there can be no question as to whom believes in these Truths.

~Signatures~

Ventriloquist
-
-
-
-
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone, again, my name is Ventriloquist. I have been here since 2012, for those of you who still don't know me and I have seen many changes over the years. Not only that, but ODA is not the first site I have been a valued member/staff/casual member/etc in. Overall I have 11 years of experience as a forumite, and I really do believe the internet was created for freedom. Placing ANY restriction on that whatsoever ion my eyes taints what was once a truly brilliant idea. The idea of free information for the worlds masses. Does this mean everyone is safe? Or that some information might not be harmful? No it does not but I find that often times there are necessary evils in this world we live in. Freedom however, is something no person should ever have taken from them.

Now, I say that to say this. The previous document I have worked long an hard both literally sitting at this desk most of the night/day typing up. As well as reading other documents like it online and mulling this over (the idea of it all) in my head for months now. But I would like to CLEARLY STATE right now I do this not for glory, or for praise. I do it because I feel I am able. I feel it is something I can give to you all, the members including the staff who make up ODA. But I do NOT want this to be my voice alone. So ask I the following of all of you.

Consider this a meeting hall. Such as the staff keep hidden from all of us in their "Staff Section" of the forums. Feel free to tell me what you like, or don't like about it. If you feel something needs to be in any way changed, altered, removed or added please speak now. The more people who participate in this the better. IF every last member was to post that would be AMAZING.

Once we have finalized this document I would hope the staff takes it seriously and honestly places it as a sticky for the site to look upon each, and every day. But these opinions are my own. So I leave you all to share your own voices, and with this last request.

If you agree with the idea of this movement. And if you feel it is represented well please do the following and I will add your name to the document showing your support of its message.

#SignatureVentriloquist

Replace my name with your own. This is not to be taken lightly and does mean you are in support of this message.

Now, anyone please read over this and share what you think should be done. Note that this is just the first message in many. This does NOT lay down rule or the system itself. For that, I plan to have possibly a yearly or so election process and will be presented in the same fashion as this. Where we all will decide how things go. If you want to elect new staff every month, speak you mind then. For now, lets just brain storm on getting this movement off the ground and into truly helping the site take the next step forward as something truly wonderful.

Thank you all.

Last edited by Ventriloquist on Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://Chatango.com - Ventriloquist

PostSubject: Re: A Forum Lead By The People   A Forum Lead By The People EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 7:54 pm

I think it is a fine idea to have the members have more of a say so in what we do here, but know that the majority of the staff makes their decisions with the best intentions in mind for the members here.

We are not all tyrannts. We do not all abuse our "power" as it is called by many. We have all had or seen people let the "power" of being important go to their heads, even me.

The Staff does not do as they please and just expect everyone to go with it. We discuss problems and ideas. We have this Suggestion section for a reason and on the occasion when members post ideas here, we take them into consideration.

Above all, this is a forum. Its a fan-made YuGiOh website. The mere fact that so many people cause drama is beyond my capacity. It has become something more than that though yes, a full-fledged community.

Wanting a change is one thing, but I feel like you are going about this all the wrong way Vent, and I say this with the utmost respect for you.
Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
A Forum Lead By The People Left_bar_bleue100/100A Forum Lead By The People Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: A Forum Lead By The People   A Forum Lead By The People EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 8:11 pm

If you feel that way then rather then tell me your opinion of me, remember I am only one person.

This document is created for the people of ODA. If you want to be a part of that then suggest a change in the document, and it will be changed. Its literally...

that simple.
Back to top Go down

LOKOS

Leona

PostSubject: Re: A Forum Lead By The People   A Forum Lead By The People EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 8:15 pm

Alright I gotta say my opinion on this. Even I am not that much of a part of this place... Still I have lots of experience as Staff member from somewhere else XD Why are most decisions done by Staff only? Because when decisions are done by normal members it can take weeks! Such place as this one always has lots of active members and everyone has their own opinion, which also always can turn in to a bunch of arguments, and nobody likes those! Also when there is voting containing certain people, members can do the wrong choice just because they like someone better than others, I've seen that hell lot of times.

Still I am not saying that your Idea is bad. Staff shouldn't keep everything in secret from regular members, especially because they can't know others opinions unless they ask for them. So my suggestion would be to keep the system like it is BUT staff should always ask for members opinions which would really help them to get rid of many problems.

Anyway that is only my two cents. After all nobody cares XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Forum Lead By The People   A Forum Lead By The People EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 8:17 pm

The document itself is unnecessary.

The "people" of ODA have not spoken of any real issues with the site OTHER than when an obvious problem comes to light, such as when a member of Staff goes overboard like I did in the chat concerning my "position being no longer special" or when C.C. was bombarded for being a bad admin.

If ODA has an issue that needs addressed, then the people, staff and non-staff alike, are free to bring it up.
Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: A Forum Lead By The People   A Forum Lead By The People EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 8:32 pm

BY THE WAY PEOPLE!

Be sure to click the spoiler....in fact screw that ill just take it down.

But that aside the document is anything but pointless in my mind. It is something the staff would in theory have to follow that is freely edited by the members. That's called democracy and it's been proven to work.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
A Forum Lead By The People Left_bar_bleue84/84A Forum Lead By The People Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: A Forum Lead By The People   A Forum Lead By The People EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 9:10 pm

Democracy has also proven to be easily corruptible, just as much as a dictatorship can be.
Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: A Forum Lead By The People   A Forum Lead By The People EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 9:49 pm

I hereby state I stand by this idea. It worked before and it will work again if you allow it.

If your petty fears won't allow you to try a new system that is you problem. I will not be a part of this site if things continue as they have been.

I have done nothing wrong. Simply asked the people be allowed to do thing like vote and speak there mind.

Case in point. I'm being attacked for speaking my mind. You are all idiots. So fuck you.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:
A Forum Lead By The People Left_bar_bleue84/84A Forum Lead By The People Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: A Forum Lead By The People   A Forum Lead By The People EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 10:03 pm

Ventriloquist wrote:
I hereby state I stand by this idea. It worked before and it will work again if you allow it.

If your petty fears won't allow you to try a new system that is you problem. I will not be a part of this site if things continue as they have been.

I have done nothing wrong. Simply asked the people be allowed to do thing like vote and speak there mind.

Case in point. I'm being attacked for speaking my mind. You are all idiots. So fuck you.

Vent, I'm not trying to attack you. I merely trying to reason with you.

Standing by an idea is fine and admirable. Trying to persuade others to a cause is fine as well. What I am telling you is that democracy can work but it can also be exploited. Its the reason the States are as bad as they are now. Now, I'm willing to speak on the matter intelligently and reasonably, but not if you're going to get overly defensive JUST because some do not agree with everything you have said.
Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: A Forum Lead By The People   A Forum Lead By The People EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 11:45 pm

-Sigh.- Fine point Nottu.

I'm defenseive because I was attacked. By someone I trusted. Not going to say who but it's safe to assume it wasn't you. This person went so far as to MOCK me. And that in my mind is turning your back on your friends, something I will simply never accept. But anyway.

Your right, being far too defensive about all this. I'm only defensive when attacked, so thanks for posting in my various recent threads and approaching it with an opinion, but without shitting on mine....

>.> a certain "Badmin," went so far as to quote me as "a voice"..... < that is mockery and it's also just being a fucking dick.

ANYWAY..... K so, yea I don't mean for this to attack anyone and if the idea can be reached without this thing that's an idea I'd be willing to accept as well. But simply shrugging it off to protect your spot (not your spot specifically, just anyone) kinda pissed me off.

Anyway the fuckin point is for the members to vote on rules o-o. Er, everything really. You guys say people will just troll but even if they do the majority will not troll if they see the seriousness of the situation.

So yea thats my point in all this. Any concerns? Further comment? o-o
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: A Forum Lead By The People   A Forum Lead By The People EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 12:07 am

I like the idea of Rules being voted upon, other than preset rules that NEED to be in place. other than that, as long as we don't go to extremes, like people seemed to think we would with this, then I see no problem.

Just don't let a single argument end a friendship Vent. I've had that happen with someone I trusted with my life and it was one of the single most hurtful experiences of my adult life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Forum Lead By The People   A Forum Lead By The People Empty

Back to top Go down

A Forum Lead By The People

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1