Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ceruli, guru of dark world

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Helel65

Leona

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Ceruli, guru of dark world Left_bar_bleue100/100Ceruli, guru of dark world Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Ceruli, guru of dark world Empty
PostSubject: Ceruli, guru of dark world   Ceruli, guru of dark world EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 8:33 pm

Dark
Lv 1
Fiend/effect
If this card is discarded by a card effect: special summon it to your opponents side of the field in face up defense position. When this card is special summoned by the effect of a dark world card: your opponent must discard 1 card

Why does this card get so much extra hate from dark world haters? When I first read up on this card people on Forums said it makes the deck more inconsistent than it already is. Inconsistent?? Since when are dark worlds inconsistent at all or am I the only one who has a logical build? I run just one ceruli and it works almost too well, I mean come on it gives you all your second effects and if it's not good to use at the moment simply use it to bounce grapha back. I've even seen people use an otk/FTK build with ceruli, goldd, and reign beaux. To me, it's one of the best dark world cards there is.
Back to top Go down

RoseOfMay

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: Ceruli, guru of dark world   Ceruli, guru of dark world EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 4:23 pm

It's a personal preference card really. I know people who play it and have success, as well as people who have had no success with it. It really depends on how you play the deck. Personally, I do like the card. The in consistency comments are just because it requires 3 cards for a successful play with Ceruli, whereas most DW cards only need 2: the DW monster and the discard outlet. Cerulli requires the discard outlet, ceruli, and another DW. So, it really just depends on how you play her and what you're against.
Back to top Go down

agammemnon6

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Ceruli, guru of dark world   Ceruli, guru of dark world EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 6:18 pm

To be honest, it just depends on how smart the dw player is, most of the dw players I've seen aren't the best at ygo simply because dw are very easy too use, but the better players almost always run 1 ceruli because that card can just break a game lol, all those second effects you get too choose from, sometimes it's not a helpful card, but pretty much it always is.
Back to top Go down

El Kiddo

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Nino en el Corazon
HP:
Ceruli, guru of dark world Left_bar_bleue1000000/1000000Ceruli, guru of dark world Empty_bar_bleue  (1000000/1000000)

PostSubject: Re: Ceruli, guru of dark world   Ceruli, guru of dark world EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 8:31 pm

No darkworld build that is considered meta, runs this card. What is the point? The effect of it doesn't help with darkworlds. The main point is to summon Grapha and own, not give your opponent a extra monster.
Back to top Go down

Helel65

Leona

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Ceruli, guru of dark world Left_bar_bleue100/100Ceruli, guru of dark world Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: Ceruli, guru of dark world   Ceruli, guru of dark world EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 8:58 pm

Are you kidding me?? , I trash dw meta builds, and as I said ceruli can be used for using cards second effects(including GRAPHAs man effects)or simply bounce it back for grapha out of the grave so it helps the "main point" of the deck as you argue against. Agammemnon6 is right, TO ME, the meta is good for starting a deck or if you just suck at building one. Ceruli can turn the tide of a whole duel or just increase your advantage, I should know I use it EVERY DUEL
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Ceruli, guru of dark world   Ceruli, guru of dark world EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 9:03 pm

Helel65 wrote:
Are you kidding me?? , I trash dw meta builds, and as I said ceruli can be used for using cards second effects(including GRAPHAs man effects)or simply bounce it back for grapha out of the grave so it helps the "main point" of the deck as you argue against. Agammemnon6 is right, TO ME, the meta is good for starting a deck or if you just suck at building one. Ceruli can turn the tide of a whole duel or just increase your advantage, I should know I use it EVERY DUEL

Its not a bad card, don't get me wrong. Just I would rather run something more helpful and consistent. It may be helpful to revive grapha but that's about it. No point of going through the hassle of activating dw's 2nd effects. It would be better running upstarts or anything that can't ever be dead. Darkworld are a fast deck and this card is not that great. Not saying, you shouldn't use it. My point is just that its not too great so I personally wouldn't run it.
Back to top Go down

Helel65

Leona

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Ceruli, guru of dark world   Ceruli, guru of dark world EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 9:09 pm

I thank you for some constructive sounding criticism, instead of just saying how bad it is (KIDDO). For me ceruli doesn't ruin the consistency, and the second effects only further my field advantage, by either using it on graphs or snow to take their monsters, further controlling their hand/grave. I never run upstart simply because keeping their life points low can limit some decks, like lightsworns, and helps with the psychological game
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Ceruli, guru of dark world   Ceruli, guru of dark world EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 9:19 pm

Helel65 wrote:
I thank you for some constructive sounding criticism, instead of just saying how bad it is (KIDDO). For me ceruli doesn't ruin the consistency, and the second effects only further my field advantage, by either using it on graphs or snow to take their monsters, further controlling their hand/grave. I never run upstart simply because keeping their life points low can limit some decks, like lightsworns, and helps with the psychological game

That's fair enough. I can see why it may help since dark worlds 2nd effects are quite powerful but I focus on super consistency, draw power and Grapha beatdown with skill drain. Your build might focus more on getting advantage my making them lose cards with secondary effects. Just different builds.
Back to top Go down

The Ripper

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Ceruli, guru of dark world   Ceruli, guru of dark world EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 9:24 pm

I'm telling you getting graphas second effect 9/10 is very destructive to their opponent it takes out any key card you may have, takes out your last line of hope or just simply add insult to injury. A lot of dark world users don't focus on secondary effects, But if you throw just one ceruli in there it can only help, I know the damage ceruli can do.
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Ceruli, guru of dark world   Ceruli, guru of dark world EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 9:41 pm

The Ripper wrote:
I'm telling you getting graphas second effect 9/10 is very destructive to their opponent it takes out any key card you may have, takes out your last line of hope or just simply add insult to injury. A lot of dark world users don't focus on secondary effects, But if you throw just one ceruli in there it can only help, I know the damage ceruli can do.

Yeah at one is pretty good as a tech. Just not something I would rely on.
Back to top Go down

Helel65

Leona

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Ceruli, guru of dark world   Ceruli, guru of dark world EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 10:12 pm

Yeah hero you have good points too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ceruli, guru of dark world   Ceruli, guru of dark world Empty

Back to top Go down

Ceruli, guru of dark world

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1