Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy Left_bar_bleue0/0The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy Empty
PostSubject: The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy   The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 5:45 am

I thought it would be realllly interesting if we had a biography on the academy.  If anyone wants to be mentioned in its history or story, then feel free to post now.  I already have ideas and am quite excited.  It'll be almost like a fanfic, but at the same time, it'll be realistic and exciting too.  I look forward to it!

- Pride
Back to top Go down

DarkSoul

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: Finn The Human
HP:
The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy Left_bar_bleue100/100The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy   The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 5:47 am

I would like to be in the story somewhere. Not right at the start thought coz im not exactly an old member here Razz

If people were wondering I found out about this place due to Sylveraine.

Last edited by DarkSoul on Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

MajinKev84

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy Left_bar_bleue100/100The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy   The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 6:47 am

ive been here pretty much since jam founded the thing helped run it for a while even after it was deleted by an agitated former member...even made the facebook page but... yeah now i just duel and make memes and such
Back to top Go down

Sasukat

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy   The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 6:50 am

I'm not sure if I'm influencial enough to be part of it or not, 'specially since I haven't been here the longest. I wouldn't mind at least a mention though :p
Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy   The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 9:21 am

I'd like to be of mention.

Ok, so Imma give my two cents of information. And Ive been here ever since ODA was active.

MY RECRUITMENT: Some random guy named Promoyugioh (Former admin here) messaged me on DN after watching a duel of mine. Granted, I wasnt the first non-staff member of ODA, but I DO consider myself as the first non-staff member, because I WAS the first of this generation of ODA. What I mean by this generation of ODA, is many times in the past before I got here, ODA had begun to become active (Though nowhere near top academy level) and died. VERY soon after I joined here I was made mod.

MY MODSHIP: As a mod, I mostly gave advice and ideas to the founder (at that time) Jammy. At around this point, another member named Yugiho20 joined, (Stardust Dragon! now) and he SEEMED to be very active, to the point that he had over 20 posts per day. Looking back, it was really all spam, but the admins didnt know that. So he was quickly promoted to admin, and did (I must say) a worse job than anyone ever to be staff at ODA. Ever. Like. Ever. Again, the admins did not see that (can you sense my malice yet?) and he was promoted to Head Admin.

MY ADMINSHIP(kinda): Soon, I was offered the position of admin, but declined. I was one of two mods (one who would be permanently banned VERY soon) and there were 8 admins. Yeah. So I continued to be mod for a long while, updating the site and making changes (as I could with only mod powers) just as an admin would. After a while newer members began to think I was owner. So at this point, with 8 admins and me being the ONLY one who did anything, I made a proposal. At this point I had temporarily gained the admin panel to make changes no one else could too many times to count. So, basically, I just told jammy I'd like to be admin, and he made me one. That was it. I went into the admin panel, hid the real admin group, made a fake one without me in it, and made myself Head Mod, so as to pretend to keep the balance of staff.

THE BLIND ACTIVITY: At this point, ODA began to become active. I saw it hit the top 20 charts and nearly jumped for joy. I recruited as many members as I could, from as many sites as I knew of, most important and most honorable being Ryuk, Logan Anderson~, Gallows, and Mr.Alexio. With the help of the latter three, ODA climbed to the top 10. Logan had so many contacts it wasnt funny, and he brought a DNF team called Q4 here (some of the best duelists I have ever known) Gallows became our testing Guru. Best tester I have seen. Ever. Mr.Alexio climbed to Head Mod and helped me find (somewhat) qualified staff so I wasnt doing all of this alone. Meanwhile, all 8 of the other admins were completely inactive.

THE REFORMATION: This was a notable time for ODA in which we gained key members like Taisakuno Shouri and Nottu. (However they would not become staff for awhile). During this time, Logan gave me some coding help, I made a lot of systems and rules within the academy, Gallows made (and re-made) some of the best testing systems I have ever seen, and a member named Kairi helped with so many cosmetics and things ODA was failing at, that it wasnt even funny. (She turned out to be a bad apple and was demoted.) It was also during this time, that I gathered some admins and got them to support me in taking over as Head Admin, and I was seen as the leader of ODA despite Jammy being the owner. My immediate course of action was to demote all inactive staff and remake it (eventually even those who supported me, dirty I know, but it had to be done.)

Top 3: It may seem tyrannical, but with me as the only admin of ODA (Dont count Jammy), it was at its utmost effectiveness in terms of choices and decisions, and while I admit they werent always the BEST ones, the decisiveness was the key to unlocking ODA's activity and potential. We had a working (and conflicted) staff, and while outwardly we were extremely efficient in all but testing, inwardly it was chaos. Pretty much the entire staff hated each other, and I was the only one not giving or receiving hate (Whether because of my position or my person I have yet to know). We pretty much grinded here for a long while, until a certain event hit. All the staff I had demoted, or that had ever left ODA, came back and appealed to Jammy. I was demoted for like 2 days. It was at this point that I learned how much I was supported. So many people had said if I had left they would, or wanted to make a new academy for me, or just outright thought the situation was outrageous. I was quickly re-promoted.

MY HIATUS: A few weeks after this event, I began going through a rough patch. I had some things going on, and succumbed to depression. I soon stepped down and left Nottu and Taisakuno Shouri in charge, and Nottu took the helm of ODA. At first, I raged at every decision made. Then soon I just did not care. This was a bad time for me, but I got over it, and strangely enough through the help of a post of Ventriloquist (seriously, that guy is awesome.) Although I succumbed ti inactivity.

MY RETURN: You know this as well as I do.
Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy Left_bar_bleue0/0The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
PostSubject: Re: The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy   The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 9:32 am

I'd always wondered about Stardust and Promo and such.  I've looked through the archives...  But I suppose it's always interesting to hear an elder's interpretation.  More elders would be interesting to compare to!
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy Left_bar_bleue84/84The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy   The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 9:34 am

Well Evil, I hope in the end my run of ODA didn't upset you too badly...
Back to top Go down

Exraven

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy   The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 11:16 am

I came over from SDA. Kira told me about you guys. I showed up and i made it more awesome.
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Kill Matronix
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy   The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 1:14 pm

I was wandering around when it was the end of SDA for about a month. Then I met Sylvie and he recruited me here. I think... Anyway, even if you put the slightest mention of me, I want to be evil Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy   The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 1:55 pm

I came in January,I was recruited by Kirito when Stardust Dragon was pretty much the leader (He was head admin and the real owner was nowhere around till I found him on DN but that comes way later). Then I met people like Sora (The Guy who tested me into slifer), Sasori, Evil, BLoodfang (Was kinda quiet when she came in.) and so on. At first it was a quaint place but soon it got bigger, with the arrival of Valkoor and Nottu things also got more interesting.Taisakuno Shouri also started up the testing system and did some very good lessons. The place wasn't too known until the arrival of Q4 (Also when we had the most trolls ever in the history of ever). We encountered people like Bloody Kiss aka Maxxie, Kyonaru, Teanutty, and the self proclaimed Prez Mod God of ODA Twiddget. We also had a buttload of testing that day >.> . Also, around that time Evil started the first Slifer Vs Ra Tournament. We also had the whole site redone by this person named Kairi, she was nice but.....she kinda took her powers the wrong way Neutral and it got VERY annoying after a while. And after Evil left, Nottu assumed power and we got Chat Censors to help make this place a bit more civilized. Which infuriated some people (Including myself cause some ridiculous words were banned). Then Nottu left for a while, and so the person known as Sylveraine (We used to know as C.C.) took the role of the head of this place.

There is more details to this Neutral but ill type them later.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:
The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy Left_bar_bleue84/84The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy   The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 6:47 pm

Tc's is pretty accurate.
Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy   The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 11:46 pm

Ahem, well as far as I know, I am the oldest member who's currently active o-o. At least I THINK I precede Nottu, Evil and the others. Jammy precedes me but he's not really active. So I suppose I'll give you a bit of info, do take in mind I've more or less skipped the others histories due to being a bit pressed for time. I just wanted to give my two cents on this ^.^

The Beginning:
Spoiler:

Moving On Up:
Spoiler:

I'm Blue and I'm Gone:
Spoiler:

Before I Go:
Spoiler:

Vent, Where Have You Been:
Spoiler:

Fall From Grace:
Spoiler:

Vent You Old Dog:
Spoiler:

The End:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://Chatango.com - Ventriloquist

Evil

Leona

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy   The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 12:20 am

Ventriloquist wrote:
Ahem, well as far as I know, I am the oldest member who's currently active o-o. At least I THINK I precede Nottu, Evil and the others. Jammy precedes me but he's not really active. So I suppose I'll give you a bit of info, do take in mind I've more or less skipped the others histories due to being a bit pressed for time. I just wanted to give my two cents on this ^.^

Lies, check the profile bro, I came before you >:

Nottu wrote:

Most everything that was done while I was not admin had upset me. For a variety of reasons. It's literally the ONLY way Rose was able to convince me to come back and be admin -_-
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy   The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 12:40 am

Nottu wrote:
Tc's is pretty accurate.

Evil Was pretty on too you know >.>
Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy   The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 2:36 am

Neutral Welp yea like a month before so meh. "One of the oldest members," then lol.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy   The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 3:27 am

Acidik wrote:
Nottu wrote:

Most everything that was done while I was not admin had upset me.  For a variety of reasons.  It's literally the ONLY way Rose was able to convince me to come back and be admin -_-

Sounds to me like everyone really did hate me as Admin.
Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy   The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 4:18 am

Nottu wrote:
Acidik wrote:
Nottu wrote:

Most everything that was done while I was not admin had upset me.  For a variety of reasons.  It's literally the ONLY way Rose was able to convince me to come back and be admin -_-

I hate every admin. I have literally, never once been happy with an admin at ODA. There has only ever been two admins I liked: Logan, and Kiddo.
Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy   The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 4:29 am

Try to not let this convo turn to spam guys. It hasn't yet, but seems like could get out of hand a bit and make this thread look bad. Just sayin.
Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy   The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 4:44 am

I've sent PM's to those I think can be of some more assistance.  If you believe your post may be a little rambly, feel free to send it via PM to me.  I'll pretty much read anything!
Back to top Go down

Taisakuno Shouri

Zed

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy   The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 10:20 pm

Acidik wrote:
Nottu wrote:
Acidik wrote:
Nottu wrote:

I hate every admin. I have literally, never once been happy with an admin at ODA. There has only ever been two admins I liked: Logan, and Kiddo.
You didnt like me? "Ok". Il make my post later lol
Back to top Go down

jammy

Leona

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy   The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 6:33 am

well guess i'll add some of the begining of ODA to this since theres very few people still here who were here from the beginning.

Prologue:
It was just a normal day on DN a few years back when i noticed someone with a duel note stating "pm me to join duel academy" (or something along those lines) at that time i was even noobier than i am now (i even ran cards like man-eater bug to fill in the blank spots in my deck) i wasn't sure what this was but i figured it might help me become a better duelist. So i pmed the guy (i dont remember his name but it had something to do with crimzon, and i would like to thank him wherever he might be, even though he wont be reading this, because without him, ODA would never be) so he sent me a link and i joined decoy dragon academy. while there i was farely active, but him recruiting was because DGA was on there last breath, and shortly after i joined, they died off. Wanting to stay in an academy i decided to create one of my own. Naming it after my favorite card of all time, the seal of orichalcos.
Gen 1 " the creation "
I had no experience with site building at the time or GFX or anything, so i was in the dark creating the academy. Luckily i had help from some of the members at DGA to get the academy built. within no time we were recruiting and our first generation began with me, promo (i think, my memory sucks he may have joined later on, srry promo for not remembering), elemental pride, danceprincess, and a few others. it was a time of peace, a time of fun, a time of relaxation, and the time when i was most able to enjoy ODA. But unfortunately nothing lasts forever.
Gen 2 " the great war "
ODA needed GFX and as i said, i had no experience at the time. so i scowered DN searing for GFX artists and found someone by the name of King. He made us GFX, was active, and was a nice guy, even got an admin spot for a short while. however, he soon wanted more, he soon became not so nice, and he eventually got angry (in all honesty i dont remember exactly what started it) and so began The Great War. King raged, taking all of his GFX back. He got followers and began to infestate the academy with viruses (or so he said i doubt there were any viruses on here) our academy members would duel king and his followers, with me and danceprincess leading the front lines against king himself. Our battles to save ODA may have been a dark time, but was like a real (yugioh) anime, like a fan-fiction, but with something we cared a lot about on the line. and was kind of fun. Finally after defeating king and his friends several times, we got them to lay off. ODA had lost much of its GFX, and shortly after things began to die down. Slowly the members disappeared one by one, and ODA became a wasteland.
a wasteland that would soon be home to... a new generation.

and you guys know most of the rest so i wont go into the details on that.
hope you guys enjoyed learning some of ODA's history and if you have any questions feel free to ask.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy   The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 6:56 am

I loved reading your history of ODA Jammy. Like reading a movie synopsis.
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Kill Matronix
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy   The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 8:36 am

some interesting stuff jammy. heh
Back to top Go down

DarkSoul

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: Finn The Human
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy   The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 9:31 am

Sounds great, even though I don't know what happened here in the past haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy   The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy Empty

Back to top Go down

The Story of Orichalcos Duel Academy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1