Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dark Magic Prophecy V.2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
Dark Magic Prophecy V.2 Left_bar_bleue84/84Dark Magic Prophecy V.2 Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

Dark Magic Prophecy V.2 Empty
PostSubject: Dark Magic Prophecy V.2   Dark Magic Prophecy V.2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 8:37 pm

Dark Magic Prophecy V.2 MWy0qUw

This is my Dark Magic Spellbook deck for January 2014. As you can see, it runs very much like a Reaper Prophecy build. I was running Dark Magician in it, however, Dark Magician Girl is a level 6 just like Reaper which can make for some great Rank 6 plays. Reaper and DMG also allow me to Synchro Summon Arcanite Magician MUCH easier.

Spell Choices: The obvious ones are obvious, triple Secrets, 1 Fate, 2 Tower, 2 Wisdom, 2 Crescent blah blah blah.

Trap Choices: I opted to run some Traps that do not destroy and most of them can be used almost anytime like Compulsory and Wind Blast.

Extra Deck Picks:
Ally of Justice Catastor-Effect is amazing and easily summoned.
Arcanite-Reaper/DMG and Veiler, easy target destruction. Plus he gets around Bottomless.
Explosive Magician-Lv 6, easy to play Good beater.
Formula-Not as easy to play, but he does give me a draw and is a Tuner himself. The fact I CAN use him is why he is here.
Stardust: Should speak for itself.
Shooting Star: Had the space and the means.
Gachi: Spellbook Magician makes this almost too easy.
Magi Magi: Only for DN games, in TCG play, I swap her out, not sure what yet.
Norito: Rank 6 and can negate S/T during either turn. Dibs.
Photon Bounzer: Rank 6 and stops effects. I like.
Shining Elf: Useful early game.
Zenamines: Always a handy thing to have in a pinch.

Side Deck choices:
Secret Village wrecks so many decks if they cannot use spells. Bottomless just didn't make the main. Light-Impriosning Mirror to shut down Bujins, Lightsworns, COnstellars and even the occasional Chaos Dragon (Only helps a little for Dragons). Chimeratech and Cyber Dragon are for matches against Mech users like Geargia, Machina, Mecha Phantom, etc. Maxx C just couldnt fit in the main. World of Prophecy for times I need a field nuker that can stick around. Priestess as an option. Dark Magician for old time's sake.
Back to top Go down

Blazer Slater

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Dark Magic Prophecy V.2 Left_bar_bleue100/100Dark Magic Prophecy V.2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: Dark Magic Prophecy V.2   Dark Magic Prophecy V.2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 8:55 pm

Looks pretty good, has a lot of support. It's not MY cup of tea, but as long as you like it and can run it just fine. ^^
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:
Dark Magic Prophecy V.2 Left_bar_bleue84/84Dark Magic Prophecy V.2 Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: Dark Magic Prophecy V.2   Dark Magic Prophecy V.2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 11:19 pm

Well, the basic idea is that Reaper of Prophecy has 3 effects than can go off when Summoned, depending on the number of different Spellbooks in the grave at the time. 3 books gives him a +600 ATK, 4 books lets him add a Spellbook to hand, and 5 lets him Special Summon a DARK level 5 or high Spellcaster from the deck. He can use any or all of his effects when summoned.
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Superion
HP:
Dark Magic Prophecy V.2 Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Dark Magic Prophecy V.2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: Dark Magic Prophecy V.2   Dark Magic Prophecy V.2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 11:29 pm

reasoning is always a fun card to try expicially when theres a high chance of guessing the wrong level
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Dark Magic Prophecy V.2   Dark Magic Prophecy V.2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 11:40 pm

I used to run Reasoning actually. Might side deck it this time around.
Back to top Go down

Exraven

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Dark Magic Prophecy V.2 Left_bar_bleue100/100Dark Magic Prophecy V.2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Dark Magic Prophecy V.2   Dark Magic Prophecy V.2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 12:18 am

Honestly reasoning is easy. i usually pick 4.
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Superion
HP:
Dark Magic Prophecy V.2 Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Dark Magic Prophecy V.2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: Dark Magic Prophecy V.2   Dark Magic Prophecy V.2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 1:08 am

Exraven wrote:
Honestly reasoning is easy. i usually pick 4.
this deck runs a total of 0 lv 4's so would have guessed wrong
Back to top Go down

Rose la Kill

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Dark Magic Prophecy V.2   Dark Magic Prophecy V.2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 1:56 am

Making the assumption that this is for Janurary 2014

Main deck
-1 Eternity
-1 Compulsary Evacuation Device

+1 Crescent
+1 Destroyer

Side deck
-1 Dark Magician
-1 Cyber Dragon
-1 Priestess
-1 World
-2 Secret Village
-2 Light imprisoning mirror

+1 Maxx "C'
+1 Effect Veiler
+2 Raigekei Break
+2 Rivalry of the Warldords
+1 Vanities Emptiness
+1 Transmigration prophecy
+1 Kycoo
+3 MST
+1 Royal Decree

Extra Deck
-1 Explosive Magician
+1 Gachi Gachi Gantetsu

All in all, the deck is nicely created. I'd like to know how it does in the next format. Good luck with your duels.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Dark Magic Prophecy V.2   Dark Magic Prophecy V.2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 6:41 am

White Rose Dragon wrote:
Making the assumption that this is for Janurary 2014

Main deck
-1 Eternity
-1 Compulsary Evacuation Device

+1 Crescent
+1 Destroyer

Side deck
-1 Dark Magician
-1 Cyber Dragon
-1 Priestess
-1 World
-2 Secret Village
-2 Light imprisoning mirror

+1 Maxx "C'
+1 Effect Veiler
+2 Raigekei Break
+2 Rivalry of the Warldords
+1 Vanities Emptiness
+1 Transmigration prophecy
+1 Kycoo
+3 MST
+1 Royal Decree

Extra Deck
-1 Explosive Magician
+1 Gachi Gachi Gantetsu

All in all, the deck is nicely created. I'd like to know how it does in the next format. Good luck with your duels.

It is for January, says so up top Razz
I personally do not see why I'd need 3 Effect Veilers. Two has always proven to be enough for me. I can see -1 Eternity with only the 1 Fate and no Priestess in the main. 3 Maxx C, see what I said about Veiler. Light-Imprisoning Mirror? Why would I drop it? Village, okay. World, meh I like it.

Honestly would like it if you would explain why on each change.
Back to top Go down

Rose la Kill

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Dark Magic Prophecy V.2   Dark Magic Prophecy V.2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 10:48 pm

Was going to explain the changes, got lazy.

Main deck
-1 Eternity. Theres only One fate, and you are neither running priestess nor Destroyer. If you do add Destroyer, there would be no problem in adding this to a total of 2.
-1 Compulsary Evacuation Device. Testing for the next format is about 75% based off of probablities. Speaking in terms of what MAY become tier 1 next list, untill its confirmed, it's jsut going to be a bunch of Tier 2 decks competing. Looking at the tier 2 decks, debatebly, only blackwings, IF they are even tier 2 are remotely hurt by Compulsary.
Say Tier 1 becomes Fire Fist. Recycling Bear with Compulsory isnt a drawback for other players. Bujins? Turtle makes this card useless. Infernity? Negated. You prolly get the picture hur.

+1 Crescent Tripple crescent staple.
+1 Destroyer Reaper engine staple

Side deck
-1 Dark Magician I couldnt udnerstand when youd ever side this in..lol
-1 Cyber Dragon Same for above
-1 Priestess You wont need priestess in a reaper prophecy deck. Completely different decks.
-1 World No reason to have this
-2 Secret Village Same for above
-2 Light imprisoning mirror Unless youre excsesively affraid of Lightsworn or Bujin..nu.

+1 Maxx "C" Mermails, if they make play
+1 Effect Veiler For next meta, there will be more effect-related effects, less spamming
+2 Raigekei Break If needed. Drop destroyers, dead crescents, stoic, Reapers, etc.
+2 Rivalry of the Warldords. All of your monsters are spell casters. Kills verz.
+1 Vanities Emptiness. No idea. lol.
+1 Transmigration prophecy. Good for mirror matches, bujins, or other grave-realted decks.
+1 Kycoo. May stop bujins, not sure aside form that.
+3 MST. Staple
+1 Royal Decree. Staple for prophecy side

Extra Deck
-1 Explosive Magician
+1 Gachi Gachi Gantetsu
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Dark Magic Prophecy V.2   Dark Magic Prophecy V.2 EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 2:46 am

Thank you. That is much more helpful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Magic Prophecy V.2   Dark Magic Prophecy V.2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark Magic Prophecy V.2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1