Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm too indecisive, so here I am

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
I'm too indecisive, so here I am Left_bar_bleue0/0I'm too indecisive, so here I am Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

I'm too indecisive, so here I am Empty
PostSubject: I'm too indecisive, so here I am   I'm too indecisive, so here I am EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 8:12 pm

So I've been attempting to make my Battlin' Boxer deck like tier 1 material. Needless to say, it hasn't been working. Recently I've had some ideas to put into it but there are conflicting cards that could work just as good. It's really a big debate over a couple of cards. Keep in mind that these options are for a Boxer deck, so respond accordingly if you could:

1. Masked Chameleon vs Battlin' Boxer Counterpunch: Chameleon opens up level 8 synchro summons but only works really well IF Glassjaw is in the grave. Counterpunch can be dead draw at times but it's a fire attribute and literally has no drawbacks when using with Blaster's effect. There's also the matter that I could get to Counterpunch faster where as Chameleon I would need King Ferel Imp. Thoughts?

2. Effect Veiler vs Breakthrough Skill:
Veiler could only be used on my opponent's main phase but opens up synchro 5s and 8s. Breakthrough could be activated on either turn + be used in the grave. However, it could also be shot down by Night Beam and numerous other methods. Along with Battlin' Boxin' Spirit, milling it would be almost a help. Which would you think would help?

3. Battlin' Boxin' Spirit vs Foolish Burial/Warrior Returning Alive:
The new Boxer support card let's it act as a Monster Reborn in exchange for milling one card. Problem is, with possibly taking out Counterpunch and Breakthrough Skill, it limits a number of good possibilities to mill. Foolish/Warrior Returning Alive are good cards but between Headgeared sending Glassjaw to the grave this activating Glassjaw's effect to bring another Boxer back to my hand, I literally have both of these spell cards in one combo. Keeping them is what I'm debating. It's a tough pick.

4. Pot of Duality vs Upstart Goblin:
I feel like the deck needs a bit more consistency. Duality gives a range of options but limits my special summoning for that turn, which is something I could perform on almost any given turn with the exception of summoning Headgeared on first turn. Upstart gives my opponent 1000 lifepoints but gives me an extra card and allows me to special summon. Although, Upstart usually is kept to turbo decks but I feel it could work here. For a Boxer build, which do you think would help more?

5. Maining Kaiser Colosseum:
This is usually a good side card option but against majority of decks these days I feel it would make things rather difficult. Summoning Lead Yoke on first turn + adding Kaiser would make killing it rather difficult with the options of extra deck monsters my opponent has. I'm considering it only because I've researched a few popular builds used in YCS and regionals and they utilized Kaiser well. Now, this is almost expected with all of the meta crap running around these days, but I think this could work even if it's not meta (Sasu's Hunders are goin' down).

I'm just a noob with horrible problems in terms of deciding what would be better. Pls help ;-;
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: C.C.
HP:
I'm too indecisive, so here I am Left_bar_bleue100/100I'm too indecisive, so here I am Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: I'm too indecisive, so here I am   I'm too indecisive, so here I am EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 8:31 pm

I personally run neither Counterpunch nor Chameleon. I run a version that seems more consistent, since it also has 2 engines. Battlin' Jurrac. It has the option to go to the Evolzar Xyz's, but also can stall out and hit hard with the Boxers. It works great, since they're all Fire, giving them the ability to Side into Gozen Match. That, and the Jurracs are searchable by Fossil Dig.

I'd personally go for Veiler, if. With access to Dolkka, that won't be really needed, though.

I'd go for Foolish in the hybrid, Spirit in the pure Boxers.

Using Upstarts. The +1k for the opp is less dangerous then the no able to SS.

Not a fan of Kaiser. Mainly, since you got plenty of hate backrow, or a practically invincible Lead Yoke, or a Laggia/Dolkka.
Back to top Go down

Exraven

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
I'm too indecisive, so here I am Left_bar_bleue100/100I'm too indecisive, so here I am Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: I'm too indecisive, so here I am   I'm too indecisive, so here I am EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 8:43 pm

I say counterpunch breakthrough skill boxer spirit duality and no on coliseum
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Superion
HP:
I'm too indecisive, so here I am Left_bar_bleue1000/1000I'm too indecisive, so here I am Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: I'm too indecisive, so here I am   I'm too indecisive, so here I am EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 10:57 pm

counter punch , breakthrough,upstart,boxer spirit, and no to kaiser
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:
I'm too indecisive, so here I am Left_bar_bleue0/0I'm too indecisive, so here I am Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: I'm too indecisive, so here I am   I'm too indecisive, so here I am EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 2:01 am

More opinions pls ;-; Indecisiveness at an all time high
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Superion
HP:
I'm too indecisive, so here I am Left_bar_bleue1000/1000I'm too indecisive, so here I am Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: I'm too indecisive, so here I am   I'm too indecisive, so here I am EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 2:51 am

masked chameleon ,effect veiler,pot of duality, foolish burial and yes main kaiser. Im so helpful i gave you too opinions Wink
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: I'm too indecisive, so here I am   I'm too indecisive, so here I am EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 3:00 am

;-; well on the good news of testing some of these: Masked works better than I expected, Veiler I haven't gotten a chance to use, Duality is good once I have Yoke set up, I have almost no use for the Warrior Returning Alive anymore, Foolish is still ok, Boxin' Spirit is a free Monster Reborn with little drawback, and Kaiser i'm going to keep sided. I'd rather use my space to put in things like Safe Zone.

Edit: More than likely due to more testing, I'll probably end up keeping Veilers over Breakthroughs. Veiler just seems to open up the whole synchro summon thing + even though it can't be used on my turn I'd rather have that supporting my base of monsters. The way it looks now I have like 18-19 monsters so I'd rather keep that than go too low like Infernities. Masked Chameleon can be used pretty efficiently despite the lack of searchability and needing Glassjaw to even work. Cutting it down to 1 at this point. Gotta make this good if I'm gonna score into Obelisk for the next dorm test lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm too indecisive, so here I am   I'm too indecisive, so here I am Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm too indecisive, so here I am

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Duel Academy :: General and Misc :: Miscellaneous Archive :: Off Topic-