Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ally of justic catastor effect

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Princessvilmisa

Leona

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Ally of justic catastor effect Left_bar_bleue100/100Ally of justic catastor effect Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Ally of justic catastor effect Empty
PostSubject: Ally of justic catastor effect   Ally of justic catastor effect EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 5:27 am

Someone plz explain the effect off Ally of catastor effect I dont understand it.
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Ally of justic catastor effect Left_bar_bleue100/100Ally of justic catastor effect Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Ally of justic catastor effect   Ally of justic catastor effect EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 7:36 am

It activates at the beginning of the damage step, it does not work on face down monsters. It can also be negated I believe during the BP by cards like Masquerade. But it pretty much activates all the time.Flipping Catastor will also cancel out his effect too Razz if you attack himĀ .

(I still think i'm wrong about this myself. I'm still quite noobish Razz but I tried Very Happy)
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
Ally of justic catastor effect Left_bar_bleue0/0Ally of justic catastor effect Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Ally of justic catastor effect   Ally of justic catastor effect EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 3:36 pm

Ally of Justice Catastor is a weird card. There are ways around it though. Like Don said, facedown monsters are unaffected due to the fact that they are flipped after the start of the damage step. If it's battling a monster that is treated as two attributes (dark and wind of Dark Simorgh for example) then Catastor would still destroy it with it's effect. It's also a mandatory effect, meaning that you don't have the option to not destroy a non-dark monster by it's effect, it just happens. There's ways around it though. Having Fiendish Chain on Catastor negates it's effect and during the Damage step you can use Mist Valley Thunder Lord's effect to bring chain back to your hand and giving Thunder Lord +500. This'll bypass the start of the damage step allowing Thunder Lord to destroy Catastor in battle. Another popular way is using Neo-Spacian Grand Mole. Catastor's effect would chain 1 and Mole could chain 2 to that, thus getting bouncing Catastor back to the extra deck. Catastor is powerful, but not invincible.
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Ally of justic catastor effect   Ally of justic catastor effect EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 5:14 pm

Fluff Fluff wrote:
Having Fiendish Chain on Catastor negates it's effect and during the Damage step you can use Mist Valley Thunder Lord's effect to bring chain back to your hand and giving Thunder Lord +500. This'll bypass the start of the damage step allowing Thunder Lord to destroy Catastor in battle. Another popular way is using Neo-Spacian Grand Mole. Catastor's effect would chain 1 and Mole could chain 2 to that, thus getting bouncing Catastor back to the extra deck. Catastor is powerful, but not invincible.
Geez Neutral your really obsessed with mist valley huh? Anyway i thought mole dies from Catastors effect ?
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
Ally of justic catastor effect Left_bar_bleue0/0Ally of justic catastor effect Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Ally of justic catastor effect   Ally of justic catastor effect EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 7:23 pm

Lol it's growing on me :s But since Catastor is a mandatory effect it'll have to happen. Say you have Mole and your opponent has Catastor. Catastor attacks and your opponent attempts to use it's effect to destroy Mole. Since they both have the same activation time (At the start of the damage step) you can chain Mole's effect to return Catastor to extra as chain link 2. It'll resolve first and thus Catastors effect will resolve without anything happening since Mole and Catastor would be back in hand/extra deck.
Back to top Go down

Princessvilmisa

Leona

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Ally of justic catastor effect   Ally of justic catastor effect EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 10:39 pm

Ah okay thank you guys I get it
Back to top Go down

DarkSoul

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: Finn The Human
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Ally of justic catastor effect   Ally of justic catastor effect EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 10:52 am

Simply because chains resolve backwards.. haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ally of justic catastor effect   Ally of justic catastor effect Empty

Back to top Go down

Ally of justic catastor effect

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1