Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cards resulting in a replay

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
Cards resulting in a replay Left_bar_bleue0/0Cards resulting in a replay Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Cards resulting in a replay Empty
PostSubject: Cards resulting in a replay   Cards resulting in a replay EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 6:12 pm

So I understand the basic concept of a replay. Say if you attack directly and your opponents activates call of the haunted, your attack stops but you can attack whatever they brought back. If your opponent (Sasukat :p) uses wind-up rabbit's effect when attacked and banishes itself, then you get to attack again since your original target is gone. It's sad to say I've been running Battlin' Boxers for months and still don't understand if Battlin' Boxer Glassjaw results in a replay. So my question(s):

1. Does Glassjaw's self-destruction effect result in a replay?
2. Why wouldn't Ally of Justice - Catastor result in one? (I'm assuming because of the damage step?) Also added on to that, would you even take damage from that battle since the monster isn't destroyed by battle? (You would think after facing it 10000 times I would know)
3. Are there any other weird instances of replays you could explain for better clarification?
Back to top Go down

Sasukat

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Cards resulting in a replay Left_bar_bleue100/100Cards resulting in a replay Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: Cards resulting in a replay   Cards resulting in a replay EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 6:39 pm

Love the shout out :3. Just for that, I'll answer your questions.

1)Yeah it does, it's when it's targetted for an attack, so you're still in the attack declaration phase. Works the same for something like Utopia. ( http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Number_39:_Utopia#Judge_Program_Forum_Rulings )

2) You're right on that one, it's because of the damage step. Since you've already entered the damage step you can't redirect the attack. Also, because it's the start of the damage step it's before damage calculation, so no damage.

3) I can't really think of any weird things for replays, so hopefully my explanations helped.

Hope I could help, and if you've got any other questions just ask
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
Cards resulting in a replay Left_bar_bleue0/0Cards resulting in a replay Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Cards resulting in a replay   Cards resulting in a replay EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 7:04 pm

Yea that helps a bunch. I kinda figured Glassjaw resulted in a replay but I've only had one person duel me that knew that. Catastor I should have probably figured out ages ago considering everyone who can synchro uses it but now at least I know for sure about the battle damage. An easy way to tell I guess is that if your target is moved elsewhere during the attack declaration (glassjaw's eff, spiritual fire art kurenei, gemini spark, etc) then it'll cause a replay. Thanks for the help :3
Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Cards resulting in a replay Left_bar_bleue100/100Cards resulting in a replay Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: Cards resulting in a replay   Cards resulting in a replay EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 7:21 pm

Basically, you already answered yourself with the last sentence. You can always assume there will be a replay whenever your original attack target is invalid, be it because it destoyed itself, or was somehow blocked (e.g. Call of The Haunted to block a direct attack). In that case, you get to choose a new target, if you wish to do so.

Is Battle Fader would not have the "End the Battle Phase" clause, it would also cause a replay, for example.

Back to top Go down

Sasukat

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Cards resulting in a replay   Cards resulting in a replay EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 12:11 am

^, then it would be more like Gagaga Gardna. And to clarify a little more, if the monsters on your opponent's field change, be it more monsters being added (ex: Scapegoat), being removed (Ex: Ring of Destruction, Glassjaw, etc), or the monsters being changed (Ex:Cunning of the Six Samurai), you get a replay
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: C.C.
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Cards resulting in a replay   Cards resulting in a replay EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 11:49 am

Then explain how Mark of the Rose on Star Eater goes. If Star Eater Attacks, it changes to opponents side, hence, their number of monsters changes. Yet, it proceeds with attacking me directly, instead of him. That while it becomes unaffected on declaration.
Back to top Go down

Sasukat

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Cards resulting in a replay   Cards resulting in a replay EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 1:01 pm

That sounds like a glitch/misinformed people to me. What should happen (Admittedly I wasn't positive at first so I looked around a bit through rulings) is that Star Eater swaps to your opponent's field, there is no replay because it's not the opponent's turn so attack just stops.

The thing I was more unsure of in that situation, is if Star Eater goes back to you after the battle. But now I realize it'd have to, otherwise you could use Ancient Gear Golem and declare an attack, stop it with your own card effect, and your opponent could never activate spells/traps anymore.

So in short: Star Eater attacks, goes to opponent's side of the field, its attack is cancelled, then it returns to you.

Hope this was helpful
Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Cards resulting in a replay   Cards resulting in a replay EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 1:50 pm

DevPro just messed up, probably because no one ever tried to Mark of The Rose a Stareater and then attack with it.
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: C.C.
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Cards resulting in a replay   Cards resulting in a replay EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 2:44 pm

Should file that to DevPro. Anyone who feels like it, feel free to do that. I'm too lazy and too tired to do that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cards resulting in a replay   Cards resulting in a replay Empty

Back to top Go down

Cards resulting in a replay

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Duel Academy :: General and Misc :: Miscellaneous Archive :: Off Topic-