Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lesson 15: Special Summon-Only

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Lesson 15:  Special Summon-Only - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Lesson 15:  Special Summon-Only - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Lesson 15:  Special Summon-Only - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Lesson 15: Special Summon-Only   Lesson 15:  Special Summon-Only - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 5:08 am

First topic message reminder :

Hey everyone, Pride here.  This week we've got an easier lesson on Special Summon-Only Monsters.

Special Summon-Only Monsters refer to monsters that can only be summoned by specially summoning them.

"Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must first be Special Summoned..."

The '...' above basically refers to then how that monster would then be specially summoned.

For example:

Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned(from your hand) by banishing 1 LIGHT and 1 DARK monster from your Graveyard. Once per turn, you can activate 1 of these effects.

● Target 1 monster on the field; banish that target face-up. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect.
● During the Damage Step, if this attacking card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: It can make a second attack in a row.

As you can see, Luster requires that you fulfill some SS requirements before you're permitted to summon it.

After a Special Summon-Only Monster is originally monster, you're permitted to summon it basically like a regular monster.  You could use Call of the Haunted on it to revive it from the graveyard.  Or you could use Return from the Different Dimension to bring it back from the banished zone.

However, once the monster is returned to the hand or the deck, you'll be force to fulfill it's requirements for summon again.  So if we were to jump back to Luster, we'd be forced to banish another light and dark attribute monster.

However, Special Summon-Only Monsters are also split in to two small subdivisions.  Nomi Monsters, and Non-Nomi Monsters.

Nomi Monsters refer to a Special Summon-Only Monster, that can only be specially summoned by its' intended effect.  For example:

Raviel, Lord of Phantasms
Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by Tributing 3 Fiend-Type monsters, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Each time your opponent Normal Summons a monster(s): Special Summon 1 "Phantasm Token" (Fiend-Type/DARK/Level 1/ATK 1000/DEF 1000) for each monster Summoned. These Tokens cannot declare an attack. Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 monster, this card gains ATK equal to the original ATK of the Tributed monster, until the End Phase.

Raviel is a Nomi Monster because the only way to special summon it, is by tributing the 3 fiend type monsters.  Even while in the graveyard after it's been summoned, activating monster reborn and targeting it won't allow it to be summoned.

Non-Nomi Monsters are just those monsters that you are permitted to summon after you specially summon them properly.  (Like Black Luster Soldier, Envoy of the Beginning).

You're assignment for this week is simple.  Specially Summon a Nomi Monster and take a picture of it.  The base start for points from now on is 100, however the more original or difficult the summon, the more points will be awarded.  Good Luck!

-Pride
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 15: Special Summon-Only   Lesson 15:  Special Summon-Only - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 9:39 pm

https://i.imgur.com/J3SZHE4.png 

Well, Horakhty..... OP yet Epic. 

Apology, Monster Reborn... Traditional this format but I just couldn't take it out. However, Need me to SS more, Just hit me up and you will get more screenshots!

Pride, When will this lesson ends?
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Lesson 15:  Special Summon-Only - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100Lesson 15:  Special Summon-Only - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: Lesson 15: Special Summon-Only   Lesson 15:  Special Summon-Only - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 10:28 pm

Ah I missed the duel but good job, Aang.

Now for mine. I know its not the most original but the field..its..its.. Beautiful. The best thing is that I had awful hand that duel. I won first two duels and then for the third one I got a terrible hand but this comeback. Phew.

https://i.imgur.com/xzmkD1s.png

Dark Armed Dragon is the Nomi. Might add a more original one if I get time.
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Lesson 15:  Special Summon-Only - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100Lesson 15:  Special Summon-Only - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 15: Special Summon-Only   Lesson 15:  Special Summon-Only - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 11:54 pm

Wish i chose DAD :/ im so stupid sometimes Sad would have been way easier to do that
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Lesson 15: Special Summon-Only   Lesson 15:  Special Summon-Only - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 12:01 am

Yeah but would it have been easy to make dat field and clear a trident and some other bosses with 500LP left Razz
Back to top Go down

Sasukat

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Lesson 15: Special Summon-Only   Lesson 15:  Special Summon-Only - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 1:06 am

DN was messing up so I don't have good quality pictures. However, I do have pictures.

https://i.imgur.com/rMQp3JZ.png

Venominaga bets semi-nomi. i used cosmic fortress to bounce his swords of revealing light and my limit reverse, then because limit reverse killed venominion i used rise and made venominaga

https://i.imgur.com/l1smltP.png 

My setup. Dat 4000 atk Venominaga
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
Lesson 15:  Special Summon-Only - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Lesson 15:  Special Summon-Only - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 15: Special Summon-Only   Lesson 15:  Special Summon-Only - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 3:00 am

Took a lot of duels, but it was worth it lol:

https://i.imgur.com/UDGW93x.png
Back to top Go down

Project Lead Scientist

Founder

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Lesson 15: Special Summon-Only   Lesson 15:  Special Summon-Only - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 11:03 am

Points awarded. Well done everyone. New Lesson will be up as soon as possible.

Locked.
Back to top Go down
https://projectduelforums.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 15: Special Summon-Only   Lesson 15:  Special Summon-Only - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lesson 15: Special Summon-Only

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2