Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quiting Dueling

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

IRonnie

Leona

Quiting Dueling Empty
PostSubject: Quiting Dueling   Quiting Dueling EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 2:31 am

I cant stand this format right now ill be back dueling prolly September if they Nerf certain things if not.. Nice knowing you all. This format has completely and utterly took all of the fun out of dueling and all of my spirit for dueling And no i have no interest in changing my dueling style or deck to fit this Bull**** but its obvious i can't fight it and win. Come September i'll decide if i return or not but untill consider this my Retirement Gl and have fun
Back to top Go down

Project Lead Scientist

Founder

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Quiting Dueling Left_bar_bleue100/100Quiting Dueling Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Quiting Dueling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiting Dueling   Quiting Dueling EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 2:51 am

sorry to see you quitting, hope to see you back dueling in september.
will you still be here hanging out just for fun, like in the chatbox?
also im assuming you're hating decks such as dragon rulers, prophecies, and maybe even evilswarms.
but you could always just duel with people here using fun decks only.
if you don't play competitively then you can still have fun.
Back to top Go down
https://projectduelforums.forumotion.com

-Kira-

Leona

Quiting Dueling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiting Dueling   Quiting Dueling EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 2:52 am

lol i watch you duel all the time u rock why u quitting because of the format? o.O
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

Quiting Dueling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiting Dueling   Quiting Dueling EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 3:05 am

You should never give up Razz every deck has a weakness just expose it as much as physically possible. But I do hope you come back to the game bro. And when you do Cool ill be happy to duel ya.
Back to top Go down

MajinKev84

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Quiting Dueling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiting Dueling   Quiting Dueling EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 6:38 am

whatever if u cant handle a few cards you dont like then good riddence...play friends if your so bent about the meta ....all i read was blah blah blah ...CRY CRY CRY... grow a pair and deck up ....or give your cardboard to someone who has a pair .... if u dont have fun playing then dont play... banning a card or 2 isnt gonna change the game that much dragon rules are a thing prophecy is a thing etc etc its just gonna be new things comming after the old ones get nerfed  its yugioh it been hapening like this for 12 years  aint gonna change in the next 2 months srry
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
Quiting Dueling Left_bar_bleue84/84Quiting Dueling Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

Quiting Dueling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiting Dueling   Quiting Dueling EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 7:09 am

MajinKev84 wrote:
whatever if u cant handle a few cards you dont like then good riddence...play friends if your so bent about the meta ....all i read was blah blah blah ...CRY CRY CRY... grow a pair and deck up ....or give your cardboard to someone who has a pair .... if u dont have fun playing then dont play... banning a card or 2 isnt gonna change the game that much dragon rules are a thing prophecy is a thing etc etc its just gonna be new things comming after the old ones get nerfed  its yugioh it been hapening like this for 12 years  aint gonna change in the next 2 months srry

You need to back up Kev and stop being so disrespectful towards others. So he isn't fond of the game right now and wants to take a break, big deal. I've done the same  thing before. Just because he is taking a break from playing does not mean he is a "crybaby" or weak in anyway. The sheer audacity of this post...

On the note of you quitting for now: Sometimes taking a breather and stepping away from the game is a good thing. Take some time to focus on other things in the mean time. Hope you're not leaving ODA during this break though.
Back to top Go down

MajinKev84

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Quiting Dueling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiting Dueling   Quiting Dueling EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 7:23 am

sorry im not one to sugar coat things, on top of that i never been a fan of quitters, i dont care one way or the other what the guy does, just trying to tell him how it is 2 months aint gonna change the state of the current game even if they ban everything o make him happy new stuff will be released to change the game again, people will work around the banlist as they always have  and its gonna be the same exact game  so rather then quit and hope the game gets better ......maybe just get better at the game  itself
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

Quiting Dueling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiting Dueling   Quiting Dueling EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 7:27 am

MajinKev84 wrote:
sorry im not one to sugar coat things, on top of that i never been a fan of quitters, i dont care one way or the other what the guy does, just trying to tell him how it is 2 months aint gonna change the state of the current game even if they ban everything o make him happy new stuff will be released to change the game again, people will work around the banlist as they always have  and its gonna be the same exact game  so rather then quit and hope the game gets better ......maybe just get better at the game  itself

No, what you did was bash him for taking a break from the game. He said quitting for a time, not indefinitely. Ergo, a break. If you don't really care then don't make a post that makes you sound like an arrogant jerk.
Back to top Go down

MajinKev84

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Quiting Dueling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiting Dueling   Quiting Dueling EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 7:40 am

noooo what i did was point out all the flaws  in his logic in a very A-hole no BS manner.... i dont care if he quits i do care when people complain about the format cause its BS...A) if he hate the meta he can always play people with fun decks ...B) if the format has taken all the fun out of the game  then put some fun back into the game do deck building challenges with friends...or troll the meta with final countdown or self destruct buttonand C) this is what happens every format so might wanna get used to it broken shit is release ...then its reprinted...then its hit on the list a little then its killed on the next list forcing people to play the next set of broken cards which are then reprinted for the masses and hit on the banlist DAD retunr, goat control, glad beasts ,monarch,heroes,six sams,inzektor,chaos dragons,dino rabbit,windup to name a handfull, thats  how the game has gone for 12 years sooo if you dont like that go tap some mana...
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

Quiting Dueling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiting Dueling   Quiting Dueling EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 7:45 am

You are still being disrespectful towards other members. I won't have it in this academy.
Back to top Go down

Blood and Dirt

Leona

Quiting Dueling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiting Dueling   Quiting Dueling EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 7:54 am

Haaaaa, key board warriors. Tch Tch
Back to top Go down

Blazer Slater

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Quiting Dueling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiting Dueling   Quiting Dueling EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 8:41 am

Have a nice little break. We'll be here when you get back. Or, you can stay here and talk to us. ^_^
Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Quiting Dueling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiting Dueling   Quiting Dueling EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 9:59 am

Honestly, I think this was an utterly wrong decision. I  have seen your skill first hand and you could compete with the meta game pretty easily if you were just willing to change decks. You don't have to play the top 2 or top 3 decks for that matter, but you can always choose something newer and faster to play over your X-Sabers. Also, as you might have seen, not many people here use the meta, so you could definetly stay aeound here and compete with us.
Back to top Go down

N

Leona

Quiting Dueling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiting Dueling   Quiting Dueling EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 2:11 pm

But Gallows he isn't willing to change decks. He likes playing decks you don't see in every other duel. He Doesn't like having mirror duels every other duel, but he doesn't like looking weak on rated. So ether take a break or duel in unrated there are plenty people that don't use overpowered decks there.
Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Quiting Dueling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiting Dueling   Quiting Dueling EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 2:23 pm

As I said, you don't need to play the top decks to be moderatly successfull and have fun. Even if he wants to keep the Sabers, he can still compete with people here.
Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Quiting Dueling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiting Dueling   Quiting Dueling EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 4:28 pm

Well, I have some input. Basically, everyone so far has a point. Indeed, rage quitting is a bit pointless, that is if you LIKE yugioh. How ever, if you WANT to stop playing a simple game, that does not make you a quitter in general, it literally just means you no longer enjoy something. Example --> Who here enjoy playing with a Rattler? Or any other toy designed for small children? None? (or very few) Why? Because you out grew it. That is not to say yugioh is a childrens game, but its the same principle. If he no longer enjoys it, then why do it? Pretty simple.

Um, as far as meta goes I can give some advice. I like older decks myself and SOME can be very competitive still. People say Gishki is dead but I STILL use them, and tbh its a pretty damn basic format I use. Nothing TOO terribly special in it I just optimized the deck. I also run an old spell caster deck that does pretty well. Yes yes, there are times when I run across an E-drags or Evilswarm whom draw into godly hands and rape my older cards in the first few turns, but. You win some and lose some.

Suggestion. Though you don't have to do it but, try this which is what I did. Pick your favorite meta out of like the top 5 ( for me it was E-drags). Now build a deck out of it, and play with it, modify till you are comfortable. Personally I don't like using it but if I want to get my win streak up ill play like 10 duels with my e drags, so what? lol. Then I just go back to using my older "fun" decks that I enjoy and everything is sunshine and rainbows. All in all, don't get TOO upset, after all. Its just a game ^.^ hope some of this helped and take care.
Back to top Go down
http://Chatango.com - Ventriloquist

IRonnie

Leona

Quiting Dueling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiting Dueling   Quiting Dueling EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 10:14 pm

@Jammy i will still be cbox active

@ MajinKev No you came here to bash me. Don't come here and insult me because i've chosen to Take a break. If you don't care then why come at all? You haven't a clue what i've been through or any idea of my skill. In short you don't know me go jump off a cliff

Ive been dueling practically my entire life i've come to the point in my life whereas Dueling has ceased being fun to me thats my opinion and how i feel. i don't want to change how i play or what i play to fight this format and im aware dueling isn't going revert back to the times where there is no OP anything i've dealt with it 10 long years i feel that i want to decide to myself if its worth me going another 10 years
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

Quiting Dueling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiting Dueling   Quiting Dueling EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 5:13 am

I get you bro. Taking some time off is sometimes a good plan. I've done it once or twice prior. Hope to see you online for some fun games though Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Quiting Dueling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiting Dueling   Quiting Dueling Empty

Back to top Go down

Quiting Dueling

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1