Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

writting about which meta to face Part 1 Mermail vs Firefist

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Lord Death

Leona

writting about which meta to face Part 1 Mermail vs Firefist Empty
PostSubject: writting about which meta to face Part 1 Mermail vs Firefist   writting about which meta to face Part 1 Mermail vs Firefist EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 8:40 am

Hey guys going to post about which meta i rather face: between water mermail and fire power of fire fists.

better siding options:
mermail
Spoiler:
fire fists
Spoiler:

on that side note.
Monsters(coming soon)
final conclusion
despite both sides being good and tough to beat without siding.  mermail is a better deck but its harder to side against fire-fist
Winner to rather face: TBD

Last edited by Lord Death on Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

Twiddget

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: writting about which meta to face Part 1 Mermail vs Firefist   writting about which meta to face Part 1 Mermail vs Firefist EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 9:40 am

Against merlants: dont side decree against a deck that uses 3 traps, dont side skill drain it can be popped by infantry easily and really doesnt do much against merlants(plus skill drain would usually hurt you more...), dont side big burn because not only is it bad and incredibly situational, but also merlants side out salvage g2 and 3 usually.
Side banisher of radiance, maxx c is also useful

Against FFs: dont side skill drain (again skill drain hurts your own deck a ton unless you are running some sort of anti-meta), veiler is usually mained if used nowadays, so its not really a side option
Dont side DNA surgery, does next to nothing and is easily popped by gorilla
Good sides: S/t hate (MSTs and dust tornado) to stop tenkis and other good stuff, mind crush (even though this isnt seen in side decks this format) and the other sides you said

Also id like to add that neither of these decks is meta anymore...
FFs gets completely crushed by the meta decks nowadays (Spellbooks and E-drags), and even though yugioh wikia lists tidal merlants as tier 1, they are not considered tier one or meta on the competitive level
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
writting about which meta to face Part 1 Mermail vs Firefist Left_bar_bleue100/100writting about which meta to face Part 1 Mermail vs Firefist Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: writting about which meta to face Part 1 Mermail vs Firefist   writting about which meta to face Part 1 Mermail vs Firefist EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 3:13 pm

In some cases shouldn't you use macro? I mean cause they get their effects from discarding to the grave rather then just discarding. Dimensional Hole if you are using a deck that needs spells and traps in the grave EX: Prophecy and your fighting mermails.
Back to top Go down

Kyonaru

Zed

PostSubject: Re: writting about which meta to face Part 1 Mermail vs Firefist   writting about which meta to face Part 1 Mermail vs Firefist EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 4:56 pm

It's pretty much the same thing. Macro can be better since it's a trap but it can also hurt you more.
Back to top Go down

Lord Death

Leona

PostSubject: Re: writting about which meta to face Part 1 Mermail vs Firefist   writting about which meta to face Part 1 Mermail vs Firefist EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 6:07 pm

Twiddget wrote:
Against merlants: dont side decree against a deck that uses 3 traps, dont side skill drain it can be popped by infantry easily and really doesnt do much against merlants(plus skill drain would usually hurt you more...), dont side big burn because not only is it bad and incredibly situational, but also merlants side out salvage g2 and 3 usually.
Side banisher of radiance, maxx c is also useful

Against FFs: dont side skill drain (again skill drain hurts your own deck a ton unless you are running some sort of anti-meta), veiler is usually mained if used nowadays, so its not really a side option
Dont side DNA surgery, does next to nothing and is easily popped by gorilla
Good sides: S/t hate (MSTs and dust tornado) to stop tenkis and other good stuff, mind crush (even though this isnt seen in side decks this format) and the other sides you said

Also id like to add that neither of these decks is meta anymore...
FFs gets completely crushed by the meta decks nowadays (Spellbooks and E-drags), and even though yugioh wikia lists tidal merlants as tier 1, they are not considered tier one or meta on the competitive level.

well the sides really does depend on what deck you use so i am not going to change anything unless i really look it over. also dna surgury does help if they run dino fist.
Back to top Go down

Twiddget

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: writting about which meta to face Part 1 Mermail vs Firefist   writting about which meta to face Part 1 Mermail vs Firefist EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 9:31 pm

But some of those cards should never be sided with any deck o.0
Back to top Go down

Lord Death

Leona

PostSubject: Re: writting about which meta to face Part 1 Mermail vs Firefist   writting about which meta to face Part 1 Mermail vs Firefist EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 12:56 am

yeah ik but some decks are built differently.
Back to top Go down

Kyonaru

Zed

PostSubject: Re: writting about which meta to face Part 1 Mermail vs Firefist   writting about which meta to face Part 1 Mermail vs Firefist EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 1:17 am

Look I'm not trying to be mean but I think you should at least use correct grammar, know your facts and use eye candy while making an article.
Let me tell you why I think you are wrong on some things here:

macro cosmos and/or d fissure - Good side, works.
soul drain - Good side, works too.
royal decree to stop sphere - You don't want to EVER side deck Decree against Mermails. Siding it for max 4 traps is useless. And it hinders your Macro Cosmos/Soul Drain.
skill drain - This does nearly nothing to Mermails since they can still easily summon an Abysspike, pay the cost for it's effect and discard an Infantry to destroy your Skill Drain. Not very good to side against mermails.
big burn when they use salvage  - Just no. No one even mains Salvage anymore and siding a card just to hinder their salvage plays (0, 1 or 2  salvages are mained usually. This format people don't main Salvage at all) is useless.

Better side options against Mermails:
Maxx "C" - Free draws!
Banisher of the Radiance - Attack their set Abysslinde, they won't be able to use her effect and will have to get rid of your Banisher before making any other moves. A Macro Cosmos on legs.
Mind Crush - Mermails add a lot. Also you can use Mind Crush when they try to summon Megalo from the hand to make them discard it, not making them able to summon it.
Thunder King Rai-Oh - This card is SUCH a pain if you have the adequate backrow to defend it.

skill drain - Good side if your deck doesn't suffer from it.
overpowered - Overworked* (is the correct name).
thunder king rai oh - Eeeeeh. I guess it can be.. average 1st turn if they don't have any traps to get rid of it. Overall it's meh.
effect veiler - Good side (most people main it nowadays due to E-Dragons).
dna surgury - No, just no. A single Gorilla + Tenki can easily kill it, and you would just be wasting side space by siding this.

Better side options against Fire Fist:
Mind Crush - They Search a lot, and discarding their stuff + looking at their hand is pretty good since you can predict their moves.
Macro Cosmos - They can't use any of their effects that send their Fire Formations to the graveyard as a cost, and that totally kills them.
Dust Tornado - In decks like Mermail, Wind-Ups, or anything that get killed by a single card, siding at least 2 of these against Fire Fists is essential. You figure out why.

As a long-time Mermail player, having beat many other Mermail decks and Fire Fists before Dragon Rulers came out, that's all I can say for now. Good luck with your article!
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
writting about which meta to face Part 1 Mermail vs Firefist Left_bar_bleue100/100writting about which meta to face Part 1 Mermail vs Firefist Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: writting about which meta to face Part 1 Mermail vs Firefist   writting about which meta to face Part 1 Mermail vs Firefist EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 1:21 am

In the end it depends on the playstyle even if they shouldnt run that traditionally Razz
Back to top Go down

Kyonaru

Zed

PostSubject: Re: writting about which meta to face Part 1 Mermail vs Firefist   writting about which meta to face Part 1 Mermail vs Firefist EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 1:22 am

It's not a matter of playstyle, it's a matter of good siding and bad siding. If you side bad cards you lose more, the playstyle has nothing to do with it.
Back to top Go down

Lord Death

Leona

PostSubject: Re: writting about which meta to face Part 1 Mermail vs Firefist   writting about which meta to face Part 1 Mermail vs Firefist EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 5:48 am

Kyonaru wrote:
Look I'm not trying to be mean but I think you should at least use correct grammar, know your facts and use eye candy while making an article.
Let me tell you why I think you are wrong on some things here:

macro cosmos and/or d fissure - Good side, works.
soul drain - Good side, works too.
royal decree to stop sphere - You don't want to EVER side deck Decree against Mermails. Siding it for max 4 traps is useless. And it hinders your Macro Cosmos/Soul Drain.
skill drain - This does nearly nothing to Mermails since they can still easily summon an Abysspike, pay the cost for it's effect and discard an Infantry to destroy your Skill Drain. Not very good to side against mermails.
big burn when they use salvage  - Just no. No one even mains Salvage anymore and siding a card just to hinder their salvage plays (0, 1 or 2  salvages are mained usually. This format people don't main Salvage at all) is useless.

Better side options against Mermails:
Maxx "C" - Free draws!
Banisher of the Radiance - Attack their set Abysslinde, they won't be able to use her effect and will have to get rid of your Banisher before making any other moves. A Macro Cosmos on legs.
Mind Crush - Mermails add a lot. Also you can use Mind Crush when they try to summon Megalo from the hand to make them discard it, not making them able to summon it.
Thunder King Rai-Oh - This card is SUCH a pain if you have the adequate backrow to defend it.

skill drain - Good side if your deck doesn't suffer from it.
overpowered - Overworked* (is the correct name).
thunder king rai oh - Eeeeeh. I guess it can be.. average 1st turn if they don't have any traps to get rid of it. Overall it's meh.
effect veiler - Good side (most people main it nowadays due to E-Dragons).
dna surgury - No, just no. A single Gorilla + Tenki can easily kill it, and you would just be wasting side space by siding this.

Better side options against Fire Fist:
Mind Crush - They Search a lot, and discarding their stuff + looking at their hand is pretty good since you can predict their moves.
Macro Cosmos - They can't use any of their effects that send their Fire Formations to the graveyard as a cost, and that totally kills them.
Dust Tornado - In decks like Mermail, Wind-Ups, or anything that get killed by a single card, siding at least 2 of these against Fire Fists is essential. You figure out why.

As a long-time Mermail player, having beat many other Mermail decks and Fire Fists before Dragon Rulers came out, that's all I can say for now. Good luck with your article!

i will consider using this as a base.
Back to top Go down

Project Lead Scientist

Founder

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: writting about which meta to face Part 1 Mermail vs Firefist   writting about which meta to face Part 1 Mermail vs Firefist EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 5:58 am

this has nothing to do with the siding but i would rather face mermails.
just because i like that archetype better.
Back to top Go down
https://projectduelforums.forumotion.com

Lord Death

Leona

PostSubject: Re: writting about which meta to face Part 1 Mermail vs Firefist   writting about which meta to face Part 1 Mermail vs Firefist EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 7:51 am

i will reveal which one i rather face at the end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: writting about which meta to face Part 1 Mermail vs Firefist   writting about which meta to face Part 1 Mermail vs Firefist Empty

Back to top Go down

writting about which meta to face Part 1 Mermail vs Firefist

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1