Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ODA is turning ot crap

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Black Feathers

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
ODA is turning ot crap Left_bar_bleue100/100ODA is turning ot crap Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
ODA is turning ot crap Empty
PostSubject: ODA is turning ot crap   ODA is turning ot crap EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 12:48 am

i have to say this but over the couse of a few months i notcied something
since nearly all the admins, teachers, are meta freaks isee people who even brign the idea od using somethign other than meta get bashed on or brough down for it and i have to say if thsi continues people will leave oda for good heck tod i meta 2 people who complained abotu that and told thats the main reason they left

all i see is discussions about meta thats all nothing new. I dont play meta cause i dont want and i even writing that you will most likely say somethign liek you never played it so why are you even talkign about this.

WELL SIT DOWN AND SHUTUP AND READ

if someone gets simply bashed on for using a deck other then meta that will hurt them seeing comments like(Taisakuno Shouri : I'm saying idk who ur playing but there is no way they were using he best plays if u won) just casue they use somethign other then meta is not acceptable and that has even made me think about leaving this place

we need people who wont bash on others just fr not playing meta or for not thinking liek them
if this doesnt change oda will eventually fail
Back to top Go down

Cold Gaze

Leona

PostSubject: Re: ODA is turning ot crap   ODA is turning ot crap EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 12:54 am

yeah... its pretty pathetic how everybody here thinks there so powerful for playing meta lol.
Back to top Go down

DaMadDawgRichKid

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Rich
HP:
ODA is turning ot crap Left_bar_bleue100/100ODA is turning ot crap Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: ODA is turning ot crap   ODA is turning ot crap EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 12:57 am

Well, hold on a sec, Cold. You're kinda just doing what slayer is complaining about. Why can't we be more supportive of each other, like, both players who use meta, and players who don't should be treated with respect. Versus, there's a huge rift in the academy between people who think meta takes no skill and people who think meta is the only way to be strong, and those two sides can't stop putting each other down. We need to work on it.
Back to top Go down

Black Feathers

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: ODA is turning ot crap   ODA is turning ot crap EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 1:02 am

mad thank you we do need to be supportive cause if e go around bashing others people will leave
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
ODA is turning ot crap Left_bar_bleue84/84ODA is turning ot crap Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: ODA is turning ot crap   ODA is turning ot crap EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 1:06 am

I hope that doesn't include me Slayer....Sad
Back to top Go down

Black Feathers

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: ODA is turning ot crap   ODA is turning ot crap EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 1:12 am

no your not in this catagory but i would like to see what you think about this
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: ODA is turning ot crap   ODA is turning ot crap EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 1:38 am

*Sigh* Slayer you fail to realize, just cause your deck isnt meta doesnt mean it stinks. Also ODA will never fail cause we are in it. You must learn this lesson and i mean this is important in life. You cant let peoples opinions get to you it only hurts yourself :/. This post will cause nothing but trouble for anyone especially yourself. Also another thing, if u really wanna make em mad just make your deck a meta deck. It may be hard but trust me it's worth it to see their face afterwards Very Happy. I hope you actually read this rather then just ignoring me :/ cause this stuff is more important than you think. As for everyone else reading this please stop posting here Razz I don't want slayer to get into trouble so lets let it die Cool. Any staff reading this please lock it.

Thats about it Cool
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
ODA is turning ot crap Left_bar_bleue84/84ODA is turning ot crap Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: ODA is turning ot crap   ODA is turning ot crap EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 1:39 am

The thing is, meta players who focus solely on the competitive aspects of the game, such as Kyonaru, are normally not going to see eye-to-eye with casual players, like yourself. (No I am not saying Kyonaru is a meta-jerk who bashes on casual players)

ODA is a place where we want to encourage players who want to learn advanced styles of dueling, such as Regional/YCS worthy playstyles. This includes meta decks. We also want to make sure that our members enjoy their time here playing the game they love.

My personal view: Anyone who looks down on someone for playing Casual as being "nnobish" or "bad playing" has no right to do so, no matter how skilled they may be. Winning tournaments does not prove you are an amazing player, but it certainly makes a heck of a point. Meta players and Casual players will not always agree, this is the same for any subject you get into. Politics, religion, sports, etc. This is human nature but we must always strive to respect each other's differences and accept that we all play this game for different reasons.

-Topic Locked
Back to top Go down

Taisakuno Shouri

Zed

PostSubject: Re: ODA is turning ot crap   ODA is turning ot crap EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 1:43 am

1st of all I never bashed you for not using meta, or anyone in the academy for not using meta. I never said anyone sucks because they don't play a meta deck. 2nd there's nothing wrong with me voicing my opinions and being able to back it up, as I've played said decks while someone who hasn't even touched it at all. If I only played meta, don't you think I wouldn't be able to test others without meta, and still win with said decks?...... I say a deck build is bad, because yes decks do need fixing, and when I do see the pics of them I can already tell what cards shouldn't be in a deck, vs some viable techs that work. When someone brags about winning against meta, lets face it. A small % of people who play meta all know how to use it. They misplay, there are a lot of options available to them, and its easy to see them misplay. How is that something to brag about? On the other hand, don't you think its hypocritical that you are maining a deck that used to be meta? Also, saying someone won just because they play meta is just as bad as people who say a deck sucks because its not meta. People have different opinions, but time and time again, by the best players over the world prove and prove the theory that meta does infact take more skill. Most people haven't been in an environment where a lot of people play competitively and sometimes for fun using meta until around this time. If you want to leave, I won't stop you. But complying that I say someone sucks because they don't use meta is horrible. People make up the meta, not konami. People learn, people follow, and a trend happens, just like with all the new decks that were created. People thought Wind-ups were dead after hand-loop was dramatically hard to do now, but then they learned magi-shark. Konami didnt see that, otherwise, the banlist wouldve have been even more pushed september 2012.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ODA is turning ot crap   ODA is turning ot crap Empty

Back to top Go down

ODA is turning ot crap

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Duel Academy :: General and Misc :: ODA Forum Archive :: Suggestions and ODA Support-