Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 12

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 12  Left_bar_bleue84/84Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 12  Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 12  Empty
PostSubject: Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 12    Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 12  EmptyWed May 15, 2013 1:45 am

Net Decking.

Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 12  Kagurazaka
Now I can already hear some of you out there asking: "Nottu, what exactly IS Net Decking?"

Well, to put it in lame man's terms: Netdecking is the practice of copying a championship-winning deck as used in either Nationals, Shonen Jump Championships, World Championships, or any other high-profile event where Deck Lists are posted. It may also, more generally, be applied to the practice of copying, card for card, another player's deck.

Netdecking is often referred to negatively, being called "a practice that involves zero creativity and is usually done by players who are only interested in a cheap, effortless win, believing they can only achieve such a victory by copying an established winning deck."

For this reason, it is a practice that is considered to be shunned upon by many players. Some Duelists argue that while the decks that win major tournaments are indeed relatively the same, it is because the decks are of a tried and true method, and have shown themselves to be consistently placing high, so people who want to win will try and have the best odds they can have, as it is human nature to be competitive and wanting to be better than other people.

It is also debated that there is no reason for a person who uses an Original Deck to be seen as higher than a netdecker, as it is how the individual enjoys playing that counts. Some duelists also blame the formats created by Konami for allowing that to happen.

Netdecking is not to be confused with the term "cookie Cutter". Cookie Cutter refers to a deck without a distinct strategy (simply a deck of the best and most popular cards available at the time).

Homework Time!
For this week's homework, I want you guys to tell me the pros and cons of Netdecking. What kind of good things can come from it? Is it necessarily bad? Should you ever netdeck?

Then I want you to post a picture of your Primary Deck (your default deck that you tend to rely on most) and tell me if it is a net deck or a cookie cutter. If it is not, then tell us why it isn't. If it is a cookie cutter, explain what makes it so different from the common builds.

This is worth 200 OD once again. Due by Monday. Class dismissed.
Back to top Go down

Fluffytots

Leona

PostSubject: Ra Yellow Homework #12 (Fluffytots)    Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 12  EmptyWed May 15, 2013 2:34 am

Pros and Cons of Netdecking.

Now we all want to have the best
decks in the game of Yu-Gi-Oh. Everyone wants to make the dragunity 0TK
deck or the Exodia draw decks. The pros of netdecking is that you don't
need to use your mind to make a good deck, just search the deck you want
and it will come up. It can also provide good inspiration for making
similar decks of the same idea.

But netdecking comes with cons
of course like everything else in the world. When you netdeck, there's
real no accomplishment in winning with the deck since hundreds of other
people have won with the exact same deck as yours. It's also a target of
flamers/trolls so watch out for that. There's no real satisfaction from
netdecking someones deck.

It's not really bad if you netdeck. I would recommend building your own deck first, then checking out a top deck already made and get some ideas to boost your self-made deck.

Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 12  X2sUPFc

This is my primary deck, Mono-Merlanteans. This deck for the most part, borrows from the regular build of Merlanteans, but I included some minor changes. For the most part, not many decks run Moulinglacia, The Elemental Lord, instead, they run a 3rd Spike. In my opinion, I don't see how a 3rd spike is useful at all, and the power that Moulinglacia brings to my deck, satisfies me a lot. Also, from what I've seen, many decks run 2 lances instead of Controllers. I find that Lance can be helpful in situations when your opponent has a very strong monster you can't get over. But I realized, this is Mermails, it should be able to get over many things. So Controller helps a lot in more situations and works well with the Mono Merlantean deck.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:
Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 12  Left_bar_bleue84/84Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 12  Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 12    Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 12  EmptyWed May 15, 2013 3:00 am

Excellent work Fluffytots.
Back to top Go down

Fluffytots

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 12    Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 12  EmptyWed May 15, 2013 3:00 am

Thanks teach. Wanted to make my last HW assignment good.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 12    Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 12  EmptyWed May 15, 2013 3:11 am

Provided you make Obelisk next test of course. I do enjoy having an active student like you though.
Back to top Go down

Netoow

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 12    Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 12  EmptyWed May 15, 2013 6:20 am

A homework where I get to simply talk and post my favorite deck? Sure, I'll get started on that right away.

Net decking... Pros and cons. Because, there are a lot of things you can't label inherently bad, and this is one of them. The cons are obvious on this one. True net decking, the card-for-card duplicant of a meta deck, is something I despise. Taking an idea or build that someone else worked on and running it yourself exactly is a horrible thing, as it takes away in my opinion the fun of making a deck yourself. I understand that in competitive play everyone wants to run a deck that can win, but to go so far as run the same deck that many others ar running? There's a reason I don't do competitive tournaments, or even try and build competitive decks.

However, there are pros to net decking. At least, if you do so without a complete copy-past. A couple of my decks I have gone online and looked at other players decks, seened what cards they ran with the theme I was running, and tried splashing in a few cards that helped out. Using Net Decking for ideas, or tweeking your deck, can help you evolve your deck. But, I still feel it should be your own. Net Deck for ideas on extra cards, support cards, even to help with Side Deck or Extra deck, and I think it's fine. So long as it's still your deck, and not someone elses at that point. Gotta draw the line on how much you let it influence you deck.

Cookie Cutter... now, this is the first I've heard that term used for that kind of thing. I've always used it to refer to an exact copy of another deck, hence the 'Cutter' part. I would think a deck based purely on powerful, popular cards would just be a themeless deck, but I digress. Of course, in my opinion a deck that's just the best, most popular cards is just as bad as Net Decking, no originally. If there's no heart in the deck, playing's no fun. Again, in my opinion

https://i.imgur.com/Eak55xK.png This is my primary deck. It's not my best, but it's the one I use the most when I can. I can attest to it not being a Net Deck, and I wouldn't call it a 'Cookie Cutter' either. You can see it runs a number of big cards, Soldier and Sorcerer for instance, but I don't think that makes it qualify. If for no other reason then it has a stragegy. Which is normally trying to make my opponent's monsters kill them.

Not sure I did this well enough, but you were kinda asking for opinions and a deck list. So there...
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 12    Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 12  EmptyWed May 15, 2013 6:35 am

Very good. OD awarded.
Back to top Go down

Rkingx

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 12    Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 12  EmptyFri May 17, 2013 7:11 pm

i want to do the homework but then again im lazy as hell and if i dont do homeworks for school. well u can imagine the rest Laughing
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 12    Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 12  EmptySat May 18, 2013 12:21 am

This among the few ways to practice and improve your own skills and knowledge plus earns you OD. If you do not want to do any work, then do not expect rewards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 12    Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 12  Empty

Back to top Go down

Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 12

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Duel Academy :: General and Misc :: Dorm Archive :: Ra Yellow :: Class Room-