Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 11

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

How Difficult Was this Assignment?
Easy
Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 11 2agw9kx_th50%Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 11 9k7cr8_th
 50% [ 1 ]
Moderate
Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 11 2agw9kx_th50%Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 11 9k7cr8_th
 50% [ 1 ]
Hard
Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 11 2agw9kx_th0%Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 11 9k7cr8_th
 0% [ 0 ]
OMG I raged
Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 11 2agw9kx_th0%Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 11 9k7cr8_th
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 11 Left_bar_bleue84/84Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 11 Empty
PostSubject: Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 11   Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 11 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 5:02 pm

Hello and a happy Monday morning to you all. Its time for our weekly lesson. THis week I wanted us to start getting into things that I have been thinking need to covered by the Yellow Dorm.

This week we are going to discuss the Tier List.

Now, an explanation of Tiers.

Tiers in YuGiOh refer to the decks most dominant in the competitive meta of the card game. These decks are often strong and have received a lot of recognition as well as hate from other players.

Tier One
This refers to the top decks, the decks that leave YCS's and Regionals in the dust with thier powerful cards, amazing combos and overall great playability. Commonly known also as Top Tier, they don't get any higher than this (except for the player-made Tier Zero which refers to a Top Tier deck being more powerful than other Top Tier decks)

Tier One decks are often the decks that everyone will prepare their side decks for in tournaments. Adding cards that will specifically counter those decks' strategies. (Such as Droll and Lock Bird to shut down Prophecy's ability to search multiple times)

Current Tier One List for 2013:
(No particular order is given)
"Spellbook Judgment"
"Elemental Dragon"
"Genex-Atlantean-Mermail (GAM)"
"Wind-Up"
"Fire Fist
"

Tier Two
This is a much larger tier, normally. Tier Two is where the second best deck styles reside. Decks that have the power of a Tier One but fall short of the Top. These decks are often seen in the Top 8 or 16 at events but rarely seen at Number 1. Tier Two decks can still be just as effective as a Tier One deck and sometimes can surpass their "superiors" thanks to the top decks not being fully prepared for them.

Current Tier Two List:
(In no particular Order)
"Evilswarm"
"Macro Rabbit"
"Geargia"
"Six Samurai"
"Dark World"
"HERO"
"Twilight"
"Agent"
"Gladiator Beasts"
"Gravekeeper's"
"Blackwing"
"Chain Burn"
"Anti-Meta"
"Lightsworn"

Tier Three
This is the final tier of play listed. These are the noteable mentions at events that didn't make the top cuts. Decks that still see plenty of play but just can't quite match up with the other tiers. Again, just like Tier Two, these decks can come out ahead from time to time but not enough to bump them up a Tier overall. These are strong decks to be reckoned with but are low enough on the totem pole to be considered non-meta.

Current Tier Three List:
(No particular order)
"Evol"
"Hieratic"
"Inzektor"
"Exodia Deck"
"X-Saber"
"Scrap"

There are decks that have seen themselves on all three lists over the course of a few formats. Some have fallen from glory and some have risen like a phoenix. Its an ever changing state and we can only speculate what will take its place among the tier list by the end of the year.

Homework
I want each of you to choose one of the decks listed in Tier 2 or 3 and build it. Screen shot the deck (Side as well) and Explain to me how the deck works. Tell about the combos it can do, talk about what it has good match ups against and what its weaknesses are.

Due before next week's new Lesson is posted. This assignment is worth a cool 200 OD.

BONUS POINTS:
If you can not only explain the deck like I mentioned above, but can alos use it in a duel and win, you will receive an additional 100 OD.

Good Luck Ra Yellow and get to work. I hope you all enjoyed this week's lesson as much as I did writing it. If there are any questions or concerns, please ask me via PM or in my Office.
Back to top Go down

playe

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 11   Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 11 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 5:32 pm

Is it fine if we take a screenshot of a deck that we have made prior to this homework being posted? I've had a Lightsworn deck I've been using for months and I'm wondering if I'd need to make a brand new deck
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:
Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 11 Left_bar_bleue84/84Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 11   Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 11 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 2:16 am

You can use that deck, but do a more recent screenshot with it. Don't forget to explain the deck and all that jazz.
Back to top Go down

Fluffytots

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 11   Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 11 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 6:15 pm

Sent in my HW. Just saying Macro Rabbit is NOT tier 2. But meh, easy for me Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 11   Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 11 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 11:19 pm

Macro Rabbit is not higher than tier two as of the current time but irrelevant.

I liked your homework and I must inform you that you turned it in a day late.
Back to top Go down

Fluffytots

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 11   Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 11 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 11:57 pm

Sad
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 11   Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 11 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 2:00 am

I'll give you credit still. Hardly anyone else really did the homework anyway
Back to top Go down

Netoow

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 11   Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 11 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 6:40 am

Ah, I didn't know you'd take a late entry, otherwise would have posted my Evilswarm build yesterday. I'll send ya my build and explain it, although I really don't care if I get the points from it or not. I don't like building Tier 3 or above decks, after all...
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 11   Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 11 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 1:25 am

Attention Ra Yellow. I'm extending this assignment Until Tomorrow Night. You have until then to turn it in. I am also posting the new assignment a little late but it will be up tonight.

OD awarded to FLuffytots and Netoow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 11   Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ra Yellow Lesson and Homework 11

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1