Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slifer Red Homework 3 (Taisakuno Shouri) : Rocking those heros!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Taisakuno Shouri

Zed

Slifer Red Homework 3 (Taisakuno Shouri) : Rocking those heros! Empty
PostSubject: Slifer Red Homework 3 (Taisakuno Shouri) : Rocking those heros!   Slifer Red Homework 3 (Taisakuno Shouri) : Rocking those heros! EmptyWed May 01, 2013 8:57 pm

Today class I would like to inform you that I had a wider lesson planned for this week, but because I need more time it isn't finished yet. This week we are going to take it a bit easy and not go so much in depth on deck building. This week there isn't a lesson, but homework is a lot more interactive! Very Happy
Homework
Follow this link here, which will take you to the "Official Hero Guide/Discussion" for Pojo. I would like you to go to Section 3.3 & 2.2 (build a deck based off the skeleton posted), and beat an Obelisk Blue duelist from the academy with the following deck from it (This is also to see whether you follow directions). Also, I would like a nicely written review of how you built deck, how the deck works as a whole, and a picture of your deck build. (The deck build must have the bulk of the skeleton like I mentioned above). This homework will be due Sunday, May 5.

Award: For completing the whole lesson you are 150 OD, if it is nice and well written. For the person that does this lesson BEST, you will be awarded an extra 100 OD. (I will not accept any homework without all 4 requirements listed)

NOTE: For this lesson I will be available via pm for any questions, or help anyone wants for this lesson. I will also do this homework daily as it might help you guys understand and manage your time easier for this assigment. Also, if this homework turns out to be harder, I will extend it.
Back to top Go down

JasonRy8

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Slifer Red Homework 3 (Taisakuno Shouri) : Rocking those heros!   Slifer Red Homework 3 (Taisakuno Shouri) : Rocking those heros! EmptyThu May 02, 2013 10:30 pm

JasonRy8's Arrive Hero Build: https://i.imgur.com/Z27gz1s.png

How the deck was built and functions: Some of this comes from tournament experience so don't mind if I go in a tangent. Arrive Heros are a deck that swarms XYZs and potentially Fusions in order to defeat your opponent as fast as possible, meaning it has OTK potential.
The monster line up consists of only Stratos, Bubbleman, Alius, Cardcar D and Zephyros. The hero monsters all have synergy with each other since Stratos easily fetches them from the deck. Alius acts as your main beater and bubbleman spams for XYZ summons. Zepheryos is another way to abuse special summons with Bubbleman. Cardcar D lets you set up your combo pieces much more quickly.
Spells: The main 3 spells: Heavy Storm, Dark Hole and Monster Reborn are all good at what they do. Heavy Storm and Dark Hole clears your path and Monster Reborn provides an extra but much needed special summon for this deck. To keep spells and traps in check, we have Typhoon and Night Beam in addition to Heavy Storm. Typhoon is more versatile than Night Beam but Night Beam does not allow its target to chain to it in activation. E-Call, A Hero Lives and Army are all cards that give you quick access to your E-Heros from your deck and sets up your plays very quickly, their importance is just invaluable to set up the OTK. Pot of Duality is in for consistency reasons, the perfect hand is not going to be opened up with every time so they are in to get to those combo pieces more easily and quickly. The Warrior Returning Alive is there for recycling so if you're just a monster short for an XYZ or what not, it can fetch it back and be done, particularly Bubbleman. Miracle Fusion is in there for 2 reasons, an extra push for the OTK or if we run out of steam from the XYZs, topdecking this card is very much just shock and awe since you will have a strong monster to help you claw your way back to win.

The trapline up has 2 goals, removing threats and pushing for OTKs. The fiendish chains are there to stop any nasty monster effects that can do harm to you. Bottomless Trap Hole, Torrential Tribute, Solemn Warning and Judgment are all there to remove monsters so you can OTK much more quickly. Call of the Haunted is also there to provide extra special summons and a bigger push for an XYZ summon.

The Extra Deck:
Unlike many other Hero Variants, Arrive isn't as good on Fusion versatility. But some fusions felt necessary.
The Fusions: 1 Absolute Zero, 1 Great Tornado, 2 The Shining. Absolute Zero is perfect for clearing off your opponent's monsters. with them out of the way, the OTK can be done more easily. Great Tornado cut's all your opponent's monster stats in half permanently, so if big monsters were causing a problem, summon Great Tornado and boom, your heros can take care of them much more easily. The Shining is too good not to be included. Its a fusion that is big and if sent to the graveyard, it recycles your banished heros. Its been a force to be reckoned with The Shining since you do not want the Hero player getting free cards back.

The XYZs: Excalibur and Blade Armour Ninja can deal lots of damage in one shot so they are invaluable if you can do an OTK and they are warrior based XYZs too! Abyss Dweller renders graveyard effects useless. Emeral is there to recycle monsters to the deck and can target Alius for an extra summon. Cowboy is there to give the final push and can deal with monsters under 3000 atk. Gadniva is there for control to discourage your opponent from special summoning level 4 or lower monsters. Lavalval Chain dumps Zepheryos to the graveyard which allows him to be used and can send a monster to the top of your deck so you can draw into it next turn. Maestroke is one of the best rank 4s for defense and special tactics. it can turn a monster facedown which can prevent some nasty effects happeneing and if its defense is low, Maestroke can shove it off for you or the others can do it. Utopia is also a good offense and defense generic rank 4 that help you do lots of damage in case your field isn't all warrior for your XYZs. Blackship of Corn is also there to shove off stalling based monsters that are a nuisance, like Zenmaines, Maestroke, Spirit Reaper and Marshmallon as examples. Papilloperative is there so if your opponent is playing defense, that set monster gets picked off by her and rendered it weaker so you can deal more damage easily too.

I hope this was complete and that I'm not missing anything and I hope everyone understands my card choices.
Back to top Go down

Taisakuno Shouri

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Slifer Red Homework 3 (Taisakuno Shouri) : Rocking those heros!   Slifer Red Homework 3 (Taisakuno Shouri) : Rocking those heros! EmptySat May 04, 2013 11:16 pm

Slifer Red Homework 3 (Taisakuno Shouri) : Rocking those heros! KE25M8O

Sorry class for not being able to daily post on this assigment. The idea of Arrive Hero, if you haven't figured it out already is XYZ spam. As you see in my deck, I've made a pretty standard side for the meta-game. I main-deck Hero Blast to screw with plays that pretty much "heros, Fire fists, and mermails" have to offer when used with correct timing. I have some different techs from you guys, but don't fear. Your deck also can peform well too.

You will have to be patient when not opening Broken. The main idea is that you want to set all your spell and traps, and go off with plays such as Alius Bubble, Stratos Search Bubble, and using miracle fusion to push even harder for game. Take note the deck is very aggressive and leaves little room for defensive traps. The idea is you want to keep pushing until your opponent is stuck in the corner with no more defense left for your big boss moves with Rank 4 XYZ and Fusions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slifer Red Homework 3 (Taisakuno Shouri) : Rocking those heros!   Slifer Red Homework 3 (Taisakuno Shouri) : Rocking those heros! Empty

Back to top Go down

Slifer Red Homework 3 (Taisakuno Shouri) : Rocking those heros!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Duel Academy :: General and Misc :: Dorm Archive :: Slifer Red :: Class Room-