Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Card Discussion #1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Project Lead Scientist

Founder

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Card Discussion #1 Left_bar_bleue100/100Card Discussion #1 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Card Discussion #1 Empty
PostSubject: Card Discussion #1   Card Discussion #1 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 5:50 am

alright every monday from now on i will begin a new card discussion and we can discuss a card coming out in a later set. (this is in no way related to card of the week) we can discuss combos, how we think the card will do in the meta, if it will see any play, etc.

alright so lets get started the first card of discussion is

Blue-Eyed Silver Dragon

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Blue-Eyed_Silver_Dragon

This is a new syncro monster coming out in the blue-eyes structure deck.
light dragon/synchro/effect level 9
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Normal Monsters
If this card is Special Summoned: Until the end of the next turn, Dragon-Type monsters you control cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects. Once per turn, during your Standby Phase: You can target 1 Normal Monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target.
atk 2500 def 3000

i really like how this card sounds so far. first off you would probably want to use blue-eyes white dragon and white stone of legend to summon it. allowing you to search for another BEWD and on your next turn you can use its eff to special summon the BEWD you tuned back from your graaveyard.
Also it protects all of your dragons from effects, even your own, meaning you can summon him activate dark hold and all of your dragons will be safe. also it last until the end of the NEXT turn meaning he'll be protected from effects long enough to bring back BEWD from grave.
Will this see play in the meta.
I think it depends on what other new blue-eyes cards are released in the structure deck.
let me know what you think below.
Back to top Go down
https://projectduelforums.forumotion.com

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
Card Discussion #1 Left_bar_bleue84/84Card Discussion #1 Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

Card Discussion #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Discussion #1   Card Discussion #1 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 6:03 am

Well, the other good card released along side this one is the new Blue-Eyes Maiden. A new Level 1 LIGHT Tuner. Its effect states that if it is targeted for an attack or by an opponent's card effect, you can Special Summon 1 "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" from your (I think) Hand or Graveyard.

So Kaibaman gets a sister but one who may see more playability.
Back to top Go down

lever10

Leona

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Card Discussion #1 Left_bar_bleue100/100Card Discussion #1 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Card Discussion #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Discussion #1   Card Discussion #1 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 6:44 am

I want to say something, but you two pretty much said it all haha. I love how Konami is trying to bring back oldschool decks. Blue-Eyed Silver Dragon has many reviews that people dis the switch between blue eyes becoming offense to defense. I find this a good switch because it seems to me that Blue-Eyed Silver Dragon is more so taking on the roll as like a guardian or healer. It revives and protects other dragons. I do wish that because of this that blue-eyed silver dragon had a bit more defense than 3k, like 3200-3400, but I can deal with 3000 in my blue-eyes deck Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:
Card Discussion #1 Left_bar_bleue84/84Card Discussion #1 Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

Card Discussion #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Discussion #1   Card Discussion #1 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 8:02 am

Oh come now, surely you can add more to this. Here, I'll add more to it.

Blue-Eyes Silver Dragon gets us a Normal Dragon monster every Standby Phase right? Well, this makes Blue-Eyes a prime candidate for it. We can Use White Stone and BEWD to synch for BESD and fetch a new BEWD in the process. BESD has a lesser REDMD effect during our Standby Phase, so we can revive Blue-Eyes and potentially use it for another Silver Dragon or even fuse it.

Cards I think will be useful:
Trade-In. Will drop Blue-Eyes in grave for Silver's revive effect.
Cards of Consonance. Draw power plus fetching a Blue-Eyes.
Ancient Rules. Can easily drop a Blue-Eyes so we can Normal Summon our Tuner.
Kaibaman. Also lets us SS Blue-Eyes so we can still get out a Tuner.
One-for-One. Similar to the above uses but this time to get out our Tuners.
Advanced Draw. We can tribute off the Blue-Eyes for a +2 and then revive it next turn.
Back to top Go down

Project Lead Scientist

Founder

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Card Discussion #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Discussion #1   Card Discussion #1 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 2:12 pm

maiden actually lets you summon it from your hand, deck, or graveyard, making it that much better. it also lets you do it when its targeted by a card effect.
Back to top Go down
https://projectduelforums.forumotion.com

Archon Dark Heart

Leona

Location : somewhere, riding on the back of valkoor the luck dragon

Card Discussion #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Discussion #1   Card Discussion #1 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 3:39 pm

i really like the possibilities this adds for me, because irl i tend to run a dark paladin/blue eyes ultimate deck, because i can use three blue eyes for the ultimate than revive them with silvers eff. but just a question, can a fusion monster without an effect still be considered a normal monster for the purpose of that card? and about the maiden that will make my deck better because i wont have to run paladin of white dragon, which would be annoying to have to keep doing in this modern format, because a level 4 ritual monster is not the best thing to have in a deck you seek to play competitively. especially one that sometimes has trouble bringing out monsters even without a ritual
Back to top Go down
http://www.silvermoondrow.blogspot.com

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

Card Discussion #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Discussion #1   Card Discussion #1 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 5:07 pm

Jammy, I mentioned that about Maiden above. I just didn't remember if she said hand,dec, and graveyard or just hand and deck.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Structure_Deck:_The_Blue-Eyed_Dragon_Descends_with_a_Mighty_Roar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Card Discussion #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Discussion #1   Card Discussion #1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Card Discussion #1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1